PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Watch Army Wives?

Debra
07-06-2007, 09:31 AM
My DD's best friend just married herself an Army Soldier so the girls have now got me addicted to watching this show...

Have you seen it? That crazy Roxie.. I just love her.. and all the women are so strong.. and Roxie's husband... what a great guy!!

Although now My Dad's recommending "Starter Wives".. what the heck is that? Anyone know that one?

Ok.. I've gone on enough...lol :blahblah:

ABitDaffy
07-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Debra, I've caught Army Wives a couple of times - they rerun it at 1:00 am or something around there which is Abbie's nursing time, so if I don't fall asleep in the chair, I watch it. I've really enjoyed what I got to see.

The Starter Wife was a miniseries on USA(I think) that had Debra Messing (sp ?) in it - her husband left her for a younger woman and it's all about her journey back to finding herself. I caught bits and pieces of it, too. It seemed like it might be good - but it's a bit too steamy to have on with kids in the room IYKWIM :laugh:

Have you ever watched The Unit? It reminds me more of Army Wives - my husband thought I'd hate it, since it's kind of a "GUY" show, but I like the homefront stories and he likes the undercover missions so it has something for both of us.

Okay, I'll hush now - just call me the walking TV guide!

babyofmine
07-06-2007, 11:38 AM
I haven't watched it, but have been trying to find a time to. I haven't heard any negative about it, so I'll give it a try. :D

Maisie
07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
This is the first I've of it.
When is it on???

saraschlick
07-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Count me in. I started watching Army Wives from show #1. It is so good! It is helping me fill the void of not having Grey's Anatomy this summer! I like the combination of drama and comedy in AW.

Maisie - The new episodes are on Sundays at 9 EST/8 CST on Lifetime. They replay them several times throughout the week.

Debra
07-06-2007, 12:23 PM
Okay, I'll hush now - just call me the walking TV guide!

:lmao:

Maisie
07-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Thanks, Sara.

casey4
07-07-2007, 03:25 AM
I watch all three - The Unit - Army Wives - and the complete mini series of the Starter Wife.

I enjoy all of them.

Debra
07-07-2007, 01:28 PM
wahooo it's on again tomorrow night!

babydoe
07-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I like Army Wives too. I did think it was a little strange when they started naming certain parts of their anatomy but overall, I think it paints a very positive image for the military and puts a human face on it. I know, growing up as a "miliary brat", that in a lot of places we lived the military folks were treated like second class citizens and still are. Very sad but true.