PDA

View Full Version : Fun this weekend?

ScrappinBikerChick
07-06-2007, 06:27 AM
Just wanted to say a quick Happy Friday to everyone!

I am going to paint pottery tonight, and hopefully the weather will stay nice enough for a motorcycle ride or two :D and maybe even a movie :popcorn:

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?!?!?!?! :gogo:

gigichet
07-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Okay this is going to be the last few days of my hubbys vacation...he goes back to work on Monday...yipee. I love him but he is really messing with my schedule..ha ha

So I guess we will have to do some fun things just for him...maybe catch a movie---that new one with Robin Williams sounds good. Help him weed the garden and relax big time on Sunday before he goes back to work...

tborntreger
07-06-2007, 06:52 AM
We're taking the boys to a small petting zoo. Other than that, I'm hoping to spend a lot of time resting and catching up on my housework. Your weekend sounds much more exciting!! Have fun.

ABitDaffy
07-06-2007, 07:45 AM
We're headed to the lake at the state park tomorrow and then friends are coming over for a shrimp boil tomorrow night. On Sunday, we're taking the girls to the water park to make use of our season passes. Having this many plans this early is a rarity for us - usually we wake up Saturday morning and ask each other "What do you want to do?" "I don't know - what do you want to do?" :twitcy: We've been spending a whole lot of time in the water this summer - I swear almost every picture that I've taken of the girls in the last month has been of them in their bathing suits!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Helen
07-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Sounds like fun! On Saturday we are going to a festival with the kids and grandkids on Saturday and watch the kids ride kiddy rides (this will be photo heaven). Then all of us going to stay in the the park where the festival is and watch a free Rick Springfield concert Saturday night...Sunday...no plans yet.

supposed to be in the 90ds here on Saturday and Sunday - so it will be a scorcher with the humidity.

everyone have a nice weekend!

HollyS
07-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Yaay sounds like alot of you will have lots of fun!!! The kids are cranky cuz they are sleep-deprived! HEHE So we're gonna just chill with the kids! We've had a ton of activities the past month that I think we just need to relax!

KattyZak
07-06-2007, 09:39 AM
<<park where the festival is and watch a free Rick Springfield concert Saturday night.>>
Helen, that sounds like fun! He was such a hottie. Let me know if he still is.
We are still at the lake with a busy day today; pool, volleyball tourney and boating but tomorrow its another story...Pack it up and head for home. = [
Have to hit the laundry big with DS heading to bible camp on Sunday. Otherwise a quiet weekend. Maybe some time to do some digi scrappin'.

tborntreger
07-06-2007, 09:43 AM
You can catch Rick Springfield daily on ABC Daytime's General Hospital!!!

KattyZak
07-06-2007, 09:56 AM
Is he back on there? I remember him from eons ago. Don't do the soaps anymore.

twirlyjoy
07-06-2007, 10:02 AM
Tomorrow is my girls' dance show - 2 shows in front of 600 people each time - and me helping behind the scenes for most of the day - till the evening performance when I will actually be able to watch!

Then Sunday will be spent recovering!!

saraschlick
07-06-2007, 10:07 AM
I'm going to finish up my patio chairs. I have been refinishing my grandparents' old 1950's metal patio chairs. My dad sandblasted 6 layers of paint off of them and I got the primer coat and one coat of paint on them last weekend. I'll put the second coat on tomorrow.

Other than that, we are also going to help some friends move (in 100 degree heat!!) and the usual laundry.

Enjoy your weekend, everyone!

amyleigh1204
07-06-2007, 10:09 AM
If you read my post about the rain, you know it has been unrelenting, here. But, silly me, I am going to have a garage sale! I don't think the rain will deter anyone, though. I have baby clothes, a crib, all the baby gear, and people are usually fighting over that stuff! And, it will actually be IN the garage, so we won't get wet!

babyofmine
07-06-2007, 11:45 AM
This weekend I will try to recover from my allergies (finally got to the Dr today for new meds), weed the garden, and then teach a class at church on Sunday. Oh, and the grocery shopping. :D

Pahina722
07-06-2007, 11:57 AM
This weekend, my parents are having DS spend the weekend with them after his TaeKwanDo lesson Saturday morning and then we're having family dinner at their house Sunday night. Sooooo . . . hubby and I are finally getting to see the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Woohoo! In other words, relaxing couple of days.

Now LAST weekend, DH and I headed to New Orleans for the Police concert at the arena. Amazing! Sting's voice is still great and the band played for two hours.

As a funny, when the second song began and someone lit up a joint, everyone else is craning around trying to figure out what idiot is smoking pot. How things have changed in 20 years!

Lizzerd
07-06-2007, 01:35 PM
the Calgary Stampede kicked off with a huge parade this morning... to be followed by 10 days of craziness... Yahoooooo!

Maisie
07-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Oh Paige!
I envy you!! I'd love to see the Police in person. Except in my area, they are charging 100.00's.
Tomorrow, I'll walk through the flea market that is only 2 blocks from house.
Go and buy tires for my car. Then take DGS to the neighbor's DD b-day party.
On Sunday... probably laundry.

casey4
07-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Maybe I can out - it has rained here all week. Would like to go shopping.

Pahina722
07-07-2007, 05:39 AM
Mary,

The Police were charging $100's here as well. Cheapest tickets were $99 plus all the fees. BUT, the concert also happened to fall on our anniversary, so we justified the trip, concert, hotel as our anniversary celebration. (Mind you--DH is such a HUGE fan that he would have found some way to justify the concert no matter what!)