PDA

View Full Version : Partner Needed!

tborntreger
07-02-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm considering doing the Amazing DigiScrapping Race. Does anyone want to partner up with me. Information can be found here.

http://ndisb-adsr.blogspot.com/

If you are interested in partnering with me for the race please post back in this forum or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Theresa

*If anyone is looking for a partner, please post in this forum or PM me* We're gathering names and in a couple days we'll pair up. I've got a list going of who wants to participate!

Helen
07-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Yes, I am interested. If you get more than 1 person asking - then maybe all of us who contact you on this could be matched up and we could have more teams entering. I think GDS is one of the stops.

It would get some more exposure to GDS - since we can use our own stash on most of the challenges. If we use GDS products in the completion of the challenges - and post our layouts at GDS - that would link people back to GDS gallery and it would get exposure to the products and GDS - win win all around.

Keep me posted.

Thanks, Helen

Pahina722
07-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I've really just started digiscrapping, so I'm not sure if I'm ready for this--but it sounds like fun! Did anyone participate last year who can give me more insight into the kinds of challenges to expect (so that I can figure out if I can handle it!)?

Paige

ABitDaffy
07-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Theresa, I'm game!

tborntreger
07-02-2007, 05:46 PM
I didn't participate last year so I don't k now what to expect but I'm up for anything. It sounds fun and there's no better way to push our skills and learn new things than through challenges!!

We have until the 10th to regisiter our teams. I hope to get an entire group of us involved. I know Amy (alfenner, Maisie, and lacyrenfro) are already participating.

Pahina722
07-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, then, count me in if you need a willing newbie.

tborntreger
07-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Great Paige. We'll gather names here and then pair up!

Xaria
07-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I would love to join in as well if anyone wants a partner :wink:

KattyZak
07-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I am thinking about it, too.

mosser77
07-03-2007, 01:40 AM
I sooo want to do this, but I'm going on a couple of trips smack dab in the middle of the competition. Maybe next time!

twirlyjoy
07-03-2007, 01:49 AM
I would have loved to have done this, but with it being the girls' school holidays, we have so much going on, I just couldn't commit the time :(

tborntreger
07-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Looks like we're getting a lot of response! I'll be out of town most of today for a funeral but I'll check back in this afternoon when we get back to KC.

Hopefully more people will reply!! I was also thinking of having a chat in a couple days so we could just get together is one spot and chit chat and pair up. What do ya' think? I have a list of names from this forum and from the PMs I've gotten.

KattyZak
07-03-2007, 06:26 AM
Good idea.

saraschlick
07-03-2007, 06:36 AM
I am totally up for this! Put me on the list, Theresa.

Sara

korib
07-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Anybody really know about the time frame issues? Are all the challenges due on Sunday nights? I'm concerned because I'll be traveling (a teeny tiny bit) and wouldn't want to mess anyone else up.

Anyway, put my name on the list...I THINK I can do it.

babydoe
07-03-2007, 10:16 AM
Would we have to design anything in this challenge? I don't know how to make anything. I think I might like to do it, but don't want to pull someone else down by not being good enough with my software to be able to complete everything they ask. What kinds of challenges did they do last year? :confused:

Maisie
07-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Lacy and I have paired up, and she already has our blog set up, and we have our official blinkie.
This is going to be so much fun!!!

tborntreger
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Can everyone make it to a chat on Friday at 1:00 Central time 2:00 Eastern time? I'll have everyone paired up then. For those of you who are traveling this summer I think you can still participate by simply contacting the moderator of the race.

Helen
07-03-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes, I should be able to make the chat - just need a reminder on Friday.

Pahina722
07-03-2007, 06:03 PM
Yup--I can make that. Can we set "wake up calls" for those (like me) who lose track of days?

Paige

tborntreger
07-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Paige,
I'll put it on the GDS Calandar and I'll post here on Friday to send out the reminder!

Helen
07-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Good luck everyone! Sorry...but I think I am going to bow out of this one this year. Please take me off the list.

Good luck to all!

korib
07-04-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm not sure if I can make the chat...but would like to participate in the contest...would that be okay?

ABitDaffy
07-05-2007, 01:12 AM
Theresa, I'll be at work on Friday and can't get into the chat room from there. So, can you just PM me the info after the chat?

Ya'll have fun!

tborntreger
07-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Yes, I'd be happy to pm anyone who can't make the chat. I'll send you your parnters name and the information you need to register!

KattyZak
07-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Theresa, I most likely won't be there either as that is the start of the volleyball tournament...

jonimarony
07-05-2007, 10:02 AM
I've been hunting for a partner so count me in also. Just let me know who I'm paired up with.

tborntreger
07-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Two hours till the chat! Hope to see you there!

KattyZak
07-06-2007, 08:48 AM
Depending on how my team does and what time we play, I might peek in.
I was wondering if you can combine other challenges?
Kind of exciting....we will all have to keep chatting as we move along.

tborntreger
07-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Depending on how my team does and what time we play, I might peek in.
I was wondering if you can combine other challenges?
Kind of exciting....we will all have to keep chatting as we move along.

The challenges for this race are spread out all over the web and the race's host sites. I'm merely trying to pair up GDS girls and give you some information about the race. My goal is to have good representation from GDS members! If you can't make it I'll PM you your info.

tborntreger
07-06-2007, 09:57 AM
It's time for the chat...does anyone one else want on the list??? I think we need one more person to have an even number...Designers do you want in?

tborntreger
07-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for signing up for the Race. Below you'll first find the list of partners and then the general information.

First I want to say my goal was for GDS members to team up together. We'll be able to encourage each other and get to know our own community members better. Here you go.

Partners:
Babydoe and Jonimarony
Theresa and Jill
AbitDaffy and Xaria
Pahina722 and KattyZak
Saraschlick and Korib

The offical blog address is:

http://ndisb-adsr.blogspot.com/

You must register by July 10th at the following email address:
RaceHost@ndisb.com

Please send ONE email per team to RaceHost@ndisb.com with the following information:

Team Name:

Racer 1 Name:
Racer 1 Email:
Racer 1 Main Gallery:

Racer 2 Name:
Racer 2 Email
Racer 2 Main Gallery:

OPTIONAL
Your Team's Motto
A Team Blinkie
A link to your Team's Blog (if you have one)
Your Team's theme song (if you have one)

The above information and loads more is available at the official Race Blog.

You will want to PM your teammate and come up with your team name, theme, song, blog, etc. If you don't know how to make a blinkie they will send you one they make for you! Remember to register by the 10th.

Best of luck to you all. Enjoy the challenges!

Happy Scrapping,

Theresa :wink:

KattyZak
07-07-2007, 04:13 PM
How is everyone doing with their names, blogs and more? Paige and I are close to up and running.

tborntreger
07-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Jill and I are working on ours too!

alfenner
07-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Our blog/blinkie and such are here:
http://teamgreyarea.wordpress.com/
Just in case you want any ideas! hehe........btw, I think wordpress is MUCH easier to get a custom header up on than blogger!

lacyrenfro
07-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Lacy and I have paired up, and she already has our blog set up, and we have our official blinkie.
This is going to be so much fun!!!

Our Blog Link is in my siggie! Check it out!

And don't forget to leave Mary some love she's THE SCRAPPER OF THE MONTH!

KattyZak
07-07-2007, 07:28 PM
Is wordpress.com free?
I made Paige and I a blog but I deleted it because it is interfering with my other blog. So, will have to start again.

lacyrenfro
07-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I don't know about word press, but are you on Blogger? I have 3 blogs now and I never have interferance.

jonimarony
07-07-2007, 07:39 PM
Okay here is Babydoe and mines blog. We just register tonight and I whipped up this blog using a picture of her grandson. Still need to do some work on the blog but keep getting error messages so I am giving up on it tonight. Maybe blogspot will be nicer to me tomorrow.

http://dreammakers-amazing-digi-scrap-race.blogspot.com/

KattyZak
07-07-2007, 08:17 PM
Lacy, what is the interferance?
I took a look at both yours and Amy and they look great! How do you get 2 contributors on blogspot?
You both did awesome with your headers as well.

andrianmichael
07-08-2007, 12:12 AM
I would love to participate but will leave it till the next race though as just lost everything here...but will keep check on everyone else in the race and be sure to CHEER you all along..I know you will all complete with flying colours and great awesome:wink: layouts..Good luck everyone and have a wonderful race..HUGZ from down under..:-)

jonimarony
07-08-2007, 03:06 PM
Anyone using blogger and wants to know how to have 2 people on blog here it is.

1. go to dashboard and click on settings
2. click on permissionss
3. add authors

Once the invite is sent and the other persons signs up make sure you go back into permissions and make sure they are listed as admin and not guest. If they are listed as guest they won't be able to post.

It's that simple. Can't wait to start the race. Good luck everyone!

tborntreger
07-08-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the information joni!

lacyrenfro
07-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Lacy, what is the interferance?
I took a look at both yours and Amy and they look great! How do you get 2 contributors on blogspot?
You both did awesome with your headers as well.

Mary did it. And I have no idea how! Pm Maise and ask. I wanted to do a 3 colum like scrappicnic's or lemonaid lucy's blogs but can't figure that out either.
Right now Im trying to beg someone to make us a blinkie! If you know any body...hint...hint.:bigeyes:

jonimarony
07-08-2007, 05:17 PM
I thought they made us a blinkie once our registration was complete. Speaking of I sent mine and Judy's email last night and haven't heard anything yet. Also went to the blog and it hasn't been updated since the 3rd. Does anyone know what's going on? I'd hate to think we were registered then find out they never got the email. I am hoping that they are just really busy with registrations. I see there are over 80 teams and more coming. I'm off to see if I can get a song downloaded to play on our blog.

tborntreger
07-08-2007, 05:24 PM
I'd say they are really busy but if you don't hear anything by sometime tormorrow, I'd resend your info!

KattyZak
07-08-2007, 06:28 PM
I haven't heard anything but believe, like Theresa, they are busy...or more like overwhelmed.
Figured out multiple authors on a blog. =] Thanks Joni.
I will check with Maisie about interferance.

tborntreger
07-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Here's our blog..It's still a work in progress...It's basically just like my personal blog..LOL
http://globalscrapgirls.blogspot.com/

KattyZak
07-09-2007, 07:18 AM
Ok, Paige and I are up and running. Thanks Joni and others that helped with my blogger questions. We are at
http://beachbumsracers.blogspot.com/

One last question. I have never made a header but thought I could try that.
What are my dimensions and would I save that as a jpeg at 300? Sorry for all the questions!

tborntreger
07-09-2007, 07:25 AM
i made ours in photoshop at 1.2"by .5 '' I don't know what everyone else did but I honestly got tired of changing the dimensions to make it fit insid the box! Good luck.

KattyZak
07-09-2007, 09:03 AM
Joni sent me to a great tutorial which worked great. Dimensions were 9x3, I believe. It's off center, but being this is a 6 week blog, I didn't want to spend too much time on it.
Anyone get their registration confirmed? No updates on blog last I looked.

babydoe
07-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Is there going to be a specific Gallery set up here at GDS for the layouts we create? Or do we just put in ours? :wink:

KattyZak
07-09-2007, 12:09 PM
I think you use your own gallery.
I just got a confirmation from the host and needs our individual galleries which I am going to forward both mine and Paige's.
Happy to hear from her =]

jonimarony
07-09-2007, 01:29 PM
I created a special album just for the race in the gallery under my username. I still haven't heard from the host on mine and Judy's registration. When did you send in your Email Katty? I sent ours Saturday night.

KattyZak
07-09-2007, 01:44 PM
I sent mine also on Sat. nite.
I then sent another one saying I deleted it the same night. Sent one this morning saying it was all good.
I've gotten 2 emails this afternoon
1. Asking for individual galleries
2. And then we got our blinkie which I'm not sure what to do with.
Joni, I would send another email. I am thinking they are inudated with registrations.

KattyZak
07-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Anyone using blogger and wants to know how to have 2 people on blog here it is.

1. go to dashboard and click on settings
2. click on permissionss
3. add authors

Once the invite is sent and the other persons signs up make sure you go back into permissions and make sure they are listed as admin and not guest. If they are listed as guest they won't be able to post.

It's that simple. Can't wait to start the race. Good luck everyone!

Duh me...I missed this post!

tborntreger
07-09-2007, 03:28 PM
I haven't heard a response back yet from our registration either. I hope we don't get overlooked.

jonimarony
07-09-2007, 04:04 PM
I resubmitted ours and got a quick answer. It seems her father had a heart attack and she has been dealing with that. Anyone that hasn't heard back yet resubmit and put "RACE 2nd request" in subject line. I got my reply in minutes after doing that.

Mag Henrey
07-09-2007, 05:15 PM
Looks like I am too late for this round unless someone out there is still looking for a partner. All the very best ladies.

saraschlick
07-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Korib and I are up and running on the race. You can see our blinkies below. Kori made our team blinkie. It looks awesome!

Here's our blog: http://saraschlick.blogspot.com/

Good luck to all the teams! Can't wait to see how the GDS gals do!

Sara

KattyZak
07-11-2007, 09:38 AM
For new bloggers.
With your settings you can be notified of comments via email and set your comment box to a pop up window. Its also nice if you link back to your site in your profile, that way people can comment you back when you leave a comment if they want.

Pahina722
07-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Has anyone checked her e-mail lately!???? I just logged on for the first time today and had 25 messages from different teams. I thought my e-mail server was going to faint.

babydoe
07-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Has anyone checked her e-mail lately!???? I just logged on for the first time today and had 25 messages from different teams. I thought my e-mail server was going to faint.

Me too--I went back in and changed my option to getting a "digest" form. That way I will only get 1 or 2 emails a day instead of so many. I am sure they will really multiply in number once the race starts next week.

I plan on monitoring the forum every day anyway for REALLY important "stuff" that is posted.

jonimarony
07-11-2007, 05:08 PM
if you check older messages, the host asked that we not post there. She wanted it to be just for her to put out qroup notices. Anyway I think that's what it said. I was sneaking a peak at work and had to read fast.

KattyZak
07-11-2007, 08:34 PM
Babydoe, I hope you are right because the volume of emails could skyrocket...but am thinking if it does, they will put an end to that.
I was thinking it would be fun if us GDS racers stuck together and kept each other updated. Could we do that here at GDS or make a small email group or something like that?

jonimarony
07-12-2007, 03:37 AM
Great idea Katty. Maybe we could start a yahoo group, just for us. Okay ladies what do you think?

Pahina722
07-12-2007, 06:00 AM
Since Kathy and I were paired up, we've been chatting on Hello.com's IM. Since you can also use it for pictures, maybe that's where we should congregate. We could share layouts--ask for help . . . . ?

tborntreger
07-12-2007, 06:11 AM
HELLO is fantastic!! Has anyone figured out how to get an entire group to chatting in one room on there? So far it appears I have to chat w/ everyone separately
Any clues.. by the way by screen name on Hello is tborntreger

KattyZak
07-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Right now group chats aren't available but will be at a later date.
I am KZak and Kattyzak....my 3rd one is LadyKZak, but can't get one to log in. Grrr.

Pahina722
07-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm Pahina722---like to keep it simple. If I have too many identities, I might lose track of who I am!

yin
07-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Just want to say, all the best in the race!! Has it started yet?

KattyZak
07-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Starts Tuesday. =]

mosser77
07-16-2007, 02:41 AM
I'm waaayyy too excited about this to not be participating, but I just saw that the first challenge has been posted! Good luck girlies! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)