PDA

View Full Version : Scrapper of the Week ! August 22, 2012

mama4bears
08-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Congratulations to Kay who is our Scrapper of the Week. When you check out Kay's gallery you will find lots of beautiful, rich colors and pictures in her layouts. Here is the link (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=32538) for her gallery.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/image.php?u=32538

Bright Eyes

1). How and when did you get into digi-scrapping?

Started digi-scraping in late December of 2011 when my darling hubby gave me PSE10 as a Christmas present. I have been paper scraping for many years and when I saw a digi-scrap page in a scrapper magazine, I knew that was the next step for me.

I am now CT-ing for Star Song Studio, Nutkin Tailz Design, Booland Designs, Stefairy and Scarp Angie. I love my CT work as it challenges me to take a kit and make special pages that will show that kit off. I have always been able to find something that I love with every kit I use.

2). Where are you from and tell us a little about yourself; where you're from and perhaps about your family?

I was born and raised in New Mexico, USA. I have been married to my darling hubby since 1955. We have 5 grown children, grown grandkids and great-grands. My hubby was in the Navy for 20 years, and under contract with the Navy for additional 20 years. We lived all over the US and in Cario, Egypt for 3 years. We retired in 1997 and moved to Corpus Christi, TX. We finally moved back to New Mexico in 2001.

I was a SAHM while my kids were growning up. I went to college at the same time kids were going. I had the pleasure of having 2 of my kids graduate with me from the same community college on the same evening... all honor graduates. I finished my BS in business but with moving overseas shortly there after, never did go to work outside the home. I love art and took several art classes in college and at other times.

I am a Red Hatter and belong to several chapters. One chapter, Time Tramps, dresses in period costumes. I am an expert seamstress, do crafting, painting, drawing, and make jewelry. Also love to read and have a huge collections of books.

3). If you could travel to any place in the world where would you go, with whom and why?

As we did a lot of traveling overseas [Europe, Mid-East, Asia, and Australia] while we lived in Cario, I am quite content to stay near to home now. We do travel to see our kids who are scattered from Temcula, CA to Chicago, Il to Albany, NY and Pax River, MD.

4). What will you purchase with your winning coupon?

Probably a kit from a designer I have not tried yet. Love discovering new designers so always watching for pages that catch my eye.

5). What's your very favorite food?

Mexican food... of all types. Was raised on it and love having it so readily available. I also love to make my own from scratch.

6). How much time do you digi-scrap per week?

20-30 hours a week. I love doing challenges and my CT work keeps me busy with new pages and new kits.

7). What program do you use?

PSE10

8). What would you rather have, more time or more money?

Tough one. LOL ... I really can call my time my own so guess I would have to say more money.

9). What do you love most about digi-scrapping?

I love that I can arrange, size and add elements to a page and never run out elements like you can do in paper-scraping. Also love that I can re-color elements if I need a special color. Seeing a blank page and having a new kit to play with is my idea of fun. I usually start with the kit then find a photo that fits the theme, color, or papers. I also love that I can go back and rearrange things later on. No mess to clean up [as in paper scraping].

10). What layout are you most proud of creating and why (share a link, please)?

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/1023/Arabian_Nights.jpg

The kit is Oriental Dreams by Stefairy

This is my youngest daughter a few years ago. She came to visit us while we were living in Cario. She had been a belly dancer for a few years at that time and was thrilled to be visiting in Egypt. She was asked by my art teacher, MonsourA... a very famous Egyptian artist... if she would pose for him. It was during that session that I took this photo. Stefairy's kit had all the wonderful elements/papers to make this a fairly authentic looking page.

I am so honored to have been chosen for this. Thank you for selecting me.

Proudly Scrapping for Stepfairy, ScrapAngie, Star Song Studio, BooLand Designs and Nutkin Tailz Designs

Beautiful Bright Eyes Blog

britnkaysmemaw2
08-21-2012, 07:40 PM
Congrats Kay! It is wonderful to get to know more about you! I love seeing your wonderful layouts in the galleries!

We were stationed in New Mexico in the 70's while my DH was in the Air Force. Can't say that was a favorite place for me, lol! Guess looking back on it, being pregnant when we hit the desert and our first sand storm kind of put me in a foul mood and turned me against your state, lol.

Debra
08-21-2012, 07:52 PM
We're so happy you found GDS and congrats on being Scrapper of the week! It's been great reading and learning more about you! Looks like one of your children lives close by as I'm on the eastern shore here in Maryland. Your daughter is beautiful and what a great experience it must have been for her to be painted by such an artist. Love your layout of this experience! Again Congrats!

Darlene Currie
08-21-2012, 08:30 PM
Kay - such a wonderful story. It sounds like you have a very full life and are surrounded by a large and caring family. You sound so proud! It's been a pleasure reading more about your wonderful life, family and hobbies. Enjoy your kit - whichever you choose and we look forward to seeing more of your wonderful LOs in the gallery!

Els AW
08-22-2012, 06:00 AM
Congratulations Kate!
Love the layouts you make, I do learn a lot of them!

Bright Eyes
08-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks, everyone. I am suprised and delgihted by this honor.

britnkaysmemaw2, I can understand why circumstances could have left an not-so-good memory of our state in your mind. It was similar cirumstances for me when we moved outside Memphis... pg and lousy weather. :wink: Actually the state has everything from desert to mountains to plains. My body does so much better in the drier climate so that prompted us to move back to our home state again.

Now I need to go visit the shop and figure out which kit I just 'have to have'... :biggrin:

MunchkinsMom
08-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Congratulations! It was nice to learn more about you.

bombalurina59
08-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Congratulations, Kay! i thoroughly enjoyed reading your very interesting life story and I want to tell you how much I enjoy working with you - you're always so generous with your praise - thank you!

I have relatives in Seguin, TX and went to Corpus Christi a couple of times when I visited them in 1980 - I fell in love with that part of Texas.

Hugs

donakat
08-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Congrats, Kay, on being chosen for this week's Scrapper of the Week! Love seeing your layouts and the wonderful Red Hat costumes in your photos. Glad to have you at GDS!