PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take you...

Maisie
06-26-2007, 12:24 PM
to make a layout???
I was working on one for hours last night.
It never looked quite right, so I just bagged it. (and that was with a template, too)
I was just curious to see how long everyone else takes perfecting their pages.

ScrappinBikerChick
06-26-2007, 12:30 PM
depends on the layout for me :twitcy:

sometimes half an hour, sometimes hours...I guess it depends on what I am trying to accomplish and if I have thought about it prior or not. I try not to spend too much time...because there are always more photos :D

KattyZak
06-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Good guestion. I'd say now that I am getting the hang of it, it doesn't take all that long to create the page. But completing it, getting everything just so so takes me a long time.

lacyrenfro
06-26-2007, 02:01 PM
HOURS and hours. These last B/W photo for a background ones Ive been doing lately have taken for ever!:wub1: :vb_chirolp_iei:

Pahina722
06-26-2007, 02:25 PM
Less than it would take to do it with paper! Usually an hour or two, but the ones I have done for digiscrapping classes often take DAYS because I'm trying to learn a new technique, not just finish the layout.

shellshok
06-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Sometimes it takes me 8+ hours to do one layout. Lately I've been a little better & can at my most inspired get a layout done in about an hour.

babydoe
06-26-2007, 03:00 PM
When I first started digiscrapping last summer, it took me quite a long time to do every page. But, now I find that most of the time it takes me under an hour to get most of my pages done. But, before I open Photoshop to actually do my page, I may take quite a while looking through my kits and new downloads to pinpoint where the things I want to use are located so I don't have to hunt for them once I start scrapping. The same goes for fonts I might want to use. I preview several fonts and write down the names of the ones I am considering so I can quickly find them and try them in my LO. (I do LOVE that undo button) So I guess, I probably spend more time planning what I will use than I do actually making up the actual page.

Sometimes when I see a kit, I know immediately what picture(s) I want to use it with and then I scrap really fast. Also, what I have done lately is that if I like a kit, I will make a few basic QPs with it and save them to that kit file. Then, when I do take a picture that I want to scrap with that kit, I have a starting point. :wink:

Maisie
06-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Baby doe,
I should plan ahead and do what you do...
But, I don't. I wish there was a really easy, quick way to organize.
I've tried quite a few different ways.

Helen
06-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Sometimes it takes me a couple of hours - sometimes days! :laugh:
If I get stuck - I leave it and go back to it later.

I want to keep it fun - so if I find myself getting frustrated - I save it and go back to it another day - and start up another page in the meantime.

I use the 'favs' button in the gallery when I see a layout I might scraplift sometime. If I get stuck - I look at the favorites I've saved and they usually give me inspiration.

My advice - try scraplifting some of your favorite layouts - and give credit to them in your credits in the gallery. It's totally ok to scraplift.

Just remember - have fun!

Xaria
06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Usually 20 - 45 min. Depends if there is journaling.
Today I was reading simple scrapbook magazines and semi scraplifting, look at the original and my finished LO and there is nothing in common.
LOL:wub1:

babyofmine
06-26-2007, 08:17 PM
I have taken hours on some, but have found that if it's not done usually within an hour, I get bored with it. LOL So I try to let the pictures (or kits) speak to me before I open anything.

petitflocondeneige
06-26-2007, 09:49 PM
It really depends on the LO. Sometimes, it's half an hour (plus 1 or 2 hours waiting for my computer to move the paper, apply the shadows...). For some other LOs, I count in days. I know which page kit I want to use, and I change the papers half a dozen times before I get it right!

I think I've found a good way to organize my stuff, though. Every directory has a long name, like "Kit - Wishful - Yin Designs - GDS". I put inside the preview of the kits, and others directory : "Papers - Wishful - Yin Designs - GDS", "Frames - Wishful - Yin Designs - GDS", "Doodles - Wishful - Yin Designs - GDS".
I browse my material using picasa, which allow to view directories by alphabetic order. This way, I can see all papers directories next to each others, and know exactly where they come from.

Scrapcat0220
07-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Digi layouts I can uaully crank out pretty fast.. about 30min. Of course when I'm working on something imporatant or special, it could take me an hour or two.:giggle: