PDA

View Full Version : Scrapper of the Week! August 1, 2012

mama4bears
07-31-2012, 08:29 PM
Our Scrapper of the Week for August 1, 2012 is christellevandyk/Christelle.

http://godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/image.php?u=10346&dateline=1265406515

Christelle is a current Supreme Team Member and also a Supreme Team Alumni! Here (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10346) is the link to her gallery.
This is her latest Layout, I love the clustering and her choice of photos.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/629/Seville-Alcazar.jpg

Wow, what an honour! Thanks so much for picking me!

Here are my answers...

1). How and when did you get into digi-scrapping?
I started (digi)scrapping in Apr 2008, after returning from my first trip to Europe. I wanted to preserve my memories, and at the same time I was looking for something for a greeting card I was making. I stumbled onto GDS and another scrapping site, and the freebies caught me! After that I just observed for a while, and eventually took the dive and started scrapping.

2). Where are you from and tell us a little about yourself; where you're from and perhaps about your family?

I'm from a small town in South Africa, close to Johannesburg. My home language is Afrikaans, but English is my second language.

I'm turning 30 on the 6th of August and I'm a qualified pharmacist. At this stage I'm managing my family's guest house, so I only work in the pharmacy occasionally.

I'm not married yet, so no children either. The two adorable girls you frequently see in my LO's are my nieces, the youngest of which is also my god-daughter. Needless to say, they are the apple(s) of my eye!

3). If you could travel to any place in the world where would you go, with whom and why?
Ooh I'd still love to see especially Croatia, but also Austria, Switzerland, and basically the whole of Europe! I've been planning to have my honeymoon in Croatia, just have to meet the man! I love everything about Europe, and prefer travelling with a fun friend, and at least one man (to do the dirty work, like keeping us from getting lost!)

4). What will you purchase with your winning coupon? Nearly impossible to choose! At this stage I'm tempted by Maria's Fairies Tea Party, or Verena's Treasured Moments, but you never know what I'm in the mood for on Wednesday!

5). What's your very favorite food?
I'm a veeery picky eater, and not too healthy at that! I simply love French Fries; or a good old South African barbeque (braai).

6). How much time do you digi-scrap per week?
I feel that a day I haven't scrapped, is a day wasted! So I try to squeeze in at least an hour or so every evening.

7). What program do you use? PS CS5

8). What would you rather have, more time or more money? What fun is money without time to spend it??

9). What do you love most about digi-scrapping?
I love the creative outlet I've found in digi-scrapping. Traditional scrapping has always been too daunting - partly because I couldn't cut straight if my life depended on it, and also because of the mess! Other than that, I love the undo-button, being able to resize & recolour, and the fact that I can use my favourite things a million times if I choose!

10). What layout are you most proud of creating and why (share a link, please)?
Hmmm, that's a difficult question! Had to think about it for a while...
I think I'd pick this one that I did for the most recent ST contest (had to re-upload it now, as it got lost in the site upgrade!) I'm very proud of this LO because I don't think I've ever journalled this much on a LO! And it really came from the heart - this turned out to be very therapeutic to me. I actually printed and framed this LO! The only one in my house.....

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/Too-soon.jpg

donakat
07-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Congrats, Christelle, you so deserve this honor. I've loved seeing your travel layouts and the others with your nieces. You're a talented scrapper for sure!

Els AW
07-31-2012, 11:34 PM
Congratulations Christelle!
I can understand you printed and framed your layout: it is beautiful ;-)

britnkaysmemaw2
07-31-2012, 11:47 PM
Congrats Christelle! A very Well Deserved Honor! You are an amazing scrapper! I too have loved seeing your layouts of your travels. You allow me to see places I know I will never get to see!

I never knew you were from South Africa. My DD just spent 10 days in Mauritius on her honeymoon. What an amazing adventure for them. Your country is beautiful!

PattyB
08-01-2012, 04:18 AM
Congrats Christelle! I really enjoyed reading your answers, and thanks for letting us get to know you a little better :) You have a wonderful gallery, and I agree... you're a talented scrapper!

MunchkinsMom
08-01-2012, 08:47 AM
What a well-deserved honor! Congratulations and thank you for sharing your talent with us.

christellevandyk
08-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the kind words ladies! It really is an honour to be featured here!