PDA

View Full Version : Scrapper of the Week ! July 25, 2012

mama4bears
07-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Meet our Scrapper of the Week for July 25, 2012!
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/image.php?u=5572&dateline=1333331576
jakrn aka Joyce

Jakrn is a member of our Supreme Team 13! You are going to enjoy browsing through her gallery right here (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=5572).
This is her latest layout-I love what she has done with the elements and wonderful photo!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/629/Sitting-On-Top-Of-The-World.jpg
OMG!
I am so honored to be "Scrapper of the Week" from all the talented scrappers out there!

1). How and when did you get into digi-scrapping?
One of my best friends got me started in paper scrapping about 8 years ago. She took me to the Midwest Scrapbooking Convention in St. Paul, Mn. and I was hooked on scrapbooking! I tend to be a perfectionist so I had "committment" issues with paper scrapping. Once it's adhered, it's adhered! I purchased Photoshop Elements 1.0 (we all know how long ago that was!). I learned the program, sold all of my paper scrapping products and never looked back!

2). Where are you from and tell us a little about yourself; where you're from and perhaps about your family?
I live in Gilman, Wisconsin. It's about half way between Eau Claire and Wausau and a bit north for those of you familiar with Wisconsin. I have been married to my DH, Phil, for almost 23 years. We have a blended family of 5 sons and 3 daughters, 5 grandsons, and 5 granddaughters. I am a registered nurse and work in a rural county run nursing home. I am the nurse manager for an 11 bed Alzheimer's unit and a 25 bed general geriatric unit.

3). If you could travel to any place in the world where would you go, with whom and why? DH and I have done alot of traveling throughout the US, including Alaska and Hawaii, but we have not been to the southwest, particularly the Grand Canyon. I would like to go there yet someday.

4). What will you purchase with your winning coupon?
I am working on my stepson's wedding album and my 3 year old grandson's baby album so I will probably be looking for a kit for either of those albums.

5). What's your very favorite food?
It would be easier to name the couple of foods that I don't like! Chinese is a favorite of mine as well as watermelon and fried chicken.

6). How much time do you digi-scrap per week?
I try to scrap 1-2 hours in the evening and when I can on weekends. Scrapbooking helps me to unwind from work. I probably scrap 15 hours a week or more. I would like to do scrap for hire once I am retired.

7). What program do you use?
I currently have PSCS5. I have upgraded frequently since starting out with Photoshop Elements several years ago. I am thinking about CS6........

8). What would you rather have, more time or more money?
I find that the more money I have, the more I spend, so more time is what I would like! I plan to have more time when I retire at the end of this year but so many people who are retired are busier than when they were working! How did they find time to work??

9). What do you love most about digi-scrapping?
I can change my mind as often as I want until I get the page just right and no products are ruined in the process! Clean up is so easy......just close my LT!

10). What layout are you most proud of creating and why (share a link, please)?
I did this double page layout in 2007. I had a lot less digital scrapping skills back then. We went to Niagara Falls on a New England trip in 2006. I think the photos portray how huge and majestic both sides of the falls are.
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=109346&title=canadian-falls&cat=500
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=109347&title=niagara-falls&cat=500

Once again, thanks so much for this honor!

Art for Scrapbooking
07-24-2012, 09:38 PM
Congratulations. That is a great photo to use as your background and a great example of how while getting in close is great in photography it is also good to get some pics from further back, especially if whats behind your subject is not distracting.
I love your Niagara layouts and agree they highlight the majesty of the falls.

PattyB
07-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Congrats Jakrn! You have a wonderful gallery! Thanks for letting us get to know you a little better, I enjoyed reading your answers :)

bombalurina59
07-25-2012, 02:25 AM
Congratulations!! I enjoyed reading the interview and I loved getting to know you a little better! You're ONE awesome scrapper!

britnkaysmemaw2
07-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Congrats Joyce! A very well deserved Honor!
Great to know more about you! Love the pictures of the falls. I was there when I was young, but don't remember much. Would love to go and see them again!

MunchkinsMom
07-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Congratulations! Your layouts are lovely and it was great getting to know a bit about you.

Amanda
07-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Joyce- :roses::roses: to you! I too love that layout and the way you integrate shape into your pages.

donakat
07-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Congrats on SOTW, Joyce! You certainly have some beautiful pages in your gallery.

jakrn
07-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks so much for your kind words of praise everyone! This is such a great community to be a part of!
Thanks for the free coupon Mama4bears! I look forward to "shopping"!*biggrin
Joyce

Darlene Currie
07-25-2012, 05:37 PM
What a great read that was and congratulations on being Scrapper of the week. Your double-page LO was awesome - such fabulous photos. Isn't it amazing looking back at past LOs and seeing how far we've come - even though those are fabulous LOs to this day! I'm sure mine were as great as those 4 years ago. Great getting to know you a bit more.