PDA

View Full Version : Helen's back and has GDS withdrawal

Helen
06-25-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm back from my working vacation - and am EXHAUSTED! I got in late last night after midnight and grabbed yesterday's DD - but my word - it looks like so much happened here last week - it's going to take me HOURS to catch up!

First ? - has Traci had her baby yet?

I was able to log on a little while I was gone - but I only averaged about 4 hours of sleep every night I was at our old car meet - so I am totally exhausted! I did have some fun though. I probably took over 3000 photos last week for my club's car magazine - so I have tons of work to do - BUT I am going to take a few days off from that - and get caught up here with my layouts and posting and commenting - etc. I can't believe how much I missed all of you last week and GDS!

I may have over 300 email messages to read through - BUT this is the FIRST place I came to when I logged on just now! I had lots of GDS and digiscrapping withdrawal last week!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm back (with a bad sunburn - ouch)!

:roses:

ABitDaffy
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Welcome home, Helen!

HollyS
06-25-2007, 09:38 AM
We missed ya girly!!!! Glad you are home now safely and can enjoy some digiscrapping before you have the daunting task of going through all those pics! Have fun catching up!

Debra
06-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Welcome Back Helen!! We missed you!!

TraciJ
06-25-2007, 10:15 AM
And to answer your question .. NOPE ... I'm STILL HERE!! :laugh:

Had a dr appt this morning and if I don't go into labor by July 17 (which I know I will!) Then that's when he'll be here! If I go into labor before that, it'll most likely be an emergency c-section .. unless the little monster decides to TURN AROUND!!
(everyone, I need FLIP vibes! I don't want a c-section!!)

Hope your work vacation was fantastic, Helen!! You were certainly missed around here ... and your input is required on one of greist's LOs :laugh:

Maisie
06-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Welcome back Helen.
Sounds like you had lots of fun.
Ouch!!! on the sunburn!

ScrappinBikerChick
06-25-2007, 11:21 AM
welcome back Helen! Can't wait to see some of those photos :wink:

Helen
06-25-2007, 11:25 AM
Thanks everyone!

Aw Traci - hope he FLIPS for you! In more ways than the one you're thinking of!

:laugh:

tborntreger
06-25-2007, 11:30 AM
Glad your back Helen!

twirlyjoy
06-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Welcome back - sounds like you need to go away on a holiday to recover from this one! lol!!

ckbymommy
06-25-2007, 04:08 PM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/welcome%20back/welcomeback.jpg

yvonnew
06-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Helen it is so nice to see you back. We missed you. I can't wait to see some of your vacation photos. Sunburn is common down here....LOL It was 100 degrees no joking today out side today..

Tracey I really hope that your baby FLIPS...the way he is supposed toooo..

petitflocondeneige
06-26-2007, 04:50 AM
And to answer your question .. NOPE ... I'm STILL HERE!! :laugh:

Had a dr appt this morning and if I don't go into labor by July 17 (which I know I will!) Then that's when he'll be here! If I go into labor before that, it'll most likely be an emergency c-section .. unless the little monster decides to TURN AROUND!!
(everyone, I need FLIP vibes! I don't want a c-section!!)

Hope your work vacation was fantastic, Helen!! You were certainly missed around here ... and your input is required on one of greist's LOs :laugh:

Is it your first baby?
DD1 kept her head up, dr couldn't flip her, and I had to go through C-section (took me more than 2 years to really get over it :-( ). DD2 followed the same path, but this time, the dr managed to flip her (apparently, my womb was softer!). I gave birth naturally (without any kind anesthesia, although it's very common here: 80%!!!)

here are the good vibes:

FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP! FLIP!

TraciJ
06-26-2007, 06:14 AM
No way!! This is my FIFTH!!! I've been through one c-section already .. took a month for me to recover from the surgery, and I don't HAVE a month to recover!! I have 4 other kids to take care of, plus a Grandmother with Alzheimer's that I care for :wink:

He's still not flipped!! *wah*

Helen, are you getting all caught up yet??? :laugh: I'm sure that was a daunting task!

petitflocondeneige
06-26-2007, 07:11 AM
No way!! This is my FIFTH!!! I've been through one c-section already .. took a month for me to recover from the surgery, and I don't HAVE a month to recover!! I have 4 other kids to take care of, plus a Grandmother with Alzheimer's that I care for :wink:

He's still not flipped!! *wah*

Wow! 5!!! I'm already overwhelmed with 2... LOL
Congrats :)

yin
06-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Welcome back Helen! It's good to have you back.

Robbi1
06-26-2007, 08:06 AM
Glad you are back Helen. Is your car club a local club, or was the show a National Meet? We belong to the BCA (Buick Club of America) but are not active any more - still have our 55 convertible and working on it now again.
Looking forward to some pics too!

TraciJ - FLIP LITTLE ONE please :)

Helen
06-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks everyone! Nope I'm not caught up yet. I had over 300 emails to go through - and my house is a disaster. I have to go do a grocery shopping today - no food in the house! :laugh:

I haven't unpacked yet, laundry to do, etc. And I have a magazine to get done in the next week - too much to do and not enough time!

Yes, we belong to the Model A Restorers Club. It's a national club with some international members too. Model A's built by Ford in 1928-1931. My husband has been restoring them since he was in high school in the early 60s - his stepdad got him interested in cars to keep him out of trouble. It worked. :laugh:

My priorities this week at GDS - get my 5th layout done, get some challenge pages done, and my patriotic page done, and browsing the gallery. Wow - better get back to work! :laugh: