PDA

View Full Version : Clipping Masks ~ PSE 9 ~ For Templates

criostirado
07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey!! Does anyone know if you can clip one paper to multiple items in one shot??? If so...how can it be done? Using a template..and sometimes I want to use the paper on multiple things...it would be easier to do it all in one shot!

Thanks!

Amanda
07-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Curious to know as I am playing in PSE10 now... yea, clipping should be easier, and text on a path, and templates and.... and...

criostirado
07-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Curious to know as I am playing in PSE10 now... yea, clipping should be easier, and text on a path, and templates and.... and...

PSE 9 doesn't have text on a path...which makes me mad..but I figure I will wait a few versions before I upgrade!! I swear every day I learn something new that I can do with this thing....I dont even know what I would do with regular photo shop!

Amanda
07-16-2012, 09:55 AM
That's one of the reasons I got 10. For AJ it has to be a terrific help. Now, just to try it out! :)

Precepts and Promises
07-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Hi Christina,
When I want to add the same paper/photo to multiple layers/clipping masks, without having to duplicate the paper again and again, I just merge all the clipping masks to one layer, and viola'!

criostirado
07-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi Christina,
When I want to add the same paper/photo to multiple layers/clipping masks, without having to duplicate the paper again and again, I just merge all the clipping masks to one layer, and viola'!

Oooo!!! You are the QUEEN!! I never even thought of that! What a great idea! Thanks!

Amanda
07-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Oooo!!! You are the QUEEN!! I never even thought of that! What a great idea! Thanks!
That sounds like it should be simple- will have to check that out.

Precepts and Promises
07-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Sigh.. I LOVE being queen! :laugh:
And, it IS easy, Amanda; just holding down the Control key, click on each layer in the layers panel to select, then Control+E to merge them all together.

Amanda
07-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Sigh.. I LOVE being queen! :laugh:
And, it IS easy, Amanda; just holding down the Control key, click on each layer in the layers panel to select, then Control+E to merge them all together.
Barbara--you dropped this:
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/artfulpioneer/My%20smileys/king-38.png
Ha. I am just not sure what she meant about multiple masks?? C- screenshot of what you are trying to do, pls!!

PattyB
07-17-2012, 11:00 AM
I have PSE 10 and the way I do it is, similar to what Barbara said. First I copy the layer style, then select all that I want to merge, clear all their layer styles, merge, re-apply layer style, then clip the paper to the whole. That way the shadows don't end up a little whonkie.

sdgdfg
07-20-2012, 04:42 PM
PSE 9 doesn't have text on a path...which makes me mad..but I figure I will wait a few versions before I upgrade!! I swear every day I learn something new that I can do with this thing....I dont even know what I would do with regular photo shop!

Sonnenbrille Ray Ban (http://www.carrerasonnenbrille.com)