PDA

View Full Version : Before I begin with PSE10

Amanda
07-08-2012, 11:00 AM
OK---PSE10 arrived yesterday. I am happy and nervous. Before I dive in, like I normally would, anyone have tips for organizing with a new program?
When I got PSE6, I was new to everything- even digital scrap, so I just added and added and added stuff. My PSE6 probably looks more like a teenager's bedroom than a designer's program to most people! :lmao:
Is there anything I should consider before I install and load up this version ?

criostirado
07-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Well my advice would be....Only load the brushes you will use daily...the rest keep in a folder and just load them when you need them.

I don't load styles either unless it is something I am going to definately use...like drop shadows and bevels...the same with actions...the more you load the longer it takes to boot up!!!

With fonts...well...they get added to windows so they don't count! LOL

Precepts and Promises
07-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I second what Christina said! When I upgraded, I took the opportunity to clean out my styles and brushes and get rid of those that I don't regularly use. I think I still have more than most PSE users, as I use lots of brushes in designing, but I don't find that it bogs down too much, and I like the ease of having them installed already.
One thing that REALLY helped was to rename all my CU brushes, styles, and patterns, adding a "CU" to the beginning of the file name. That way all my CU stuff is clustered together and easy to find. :-)

Amanda
07-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks, ladies- please keep it coming!!
I would ask you- how long did it take from your first "enter" to install to the end of your entire process; including styles, brushes, etc?? What is realistic?:twitcy: thanks!

Precepts and Promises
07-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Well,if I remember correctly, it took a few hours, as I was cleaning up and reorganizing as I installed. I was renaming, dumping folders, moving stuff around on my hard drive, but I like how it feels now.

Amanda
07-08-2012, 03:36 PM
For me it will probably involve days. I installed so many junk styles and they take forever to remove. :twitcy:

Precepts and Promises
07-08-2012, 04:18 PM
You won't need to remove them from PSE10, unless you've already installed them. They are not upgraded from a previous version on your computer. You get to start fresh with each new release. :-)
So, just uninstall PSE6 when you are SURE that 10 is installed correctly. Easy-peasy!

Amanda
07-08-2012, 06:10 PM
You won't need to remove them from PSE10, unless you've already installed them. They are not upgraded from a previous version on your computer. You get to start fresh with each new release. :-)
So, just uninstall PSE6 when you are SURE that 10 is installed correctly. Easy-peasy!
yes, thank you. Understood that. What I should have said is, I want to keep much of what I have but not all the junk styles and a few brushes will go. Moving them from one to the other will be the "fun" part! ha.

Precepts and Promises
07-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Ah ha! Well, have fun rearranging!