PDA

View Full Version : QR Codes in Layouts??!!

Darlene Currie
07-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Has anyone seen this thread at DigishopTalk? It's really quite an innovative idea. I've never liked the look of the QR code - being in the prepress/graphics industry, it reminds me of low res pixelization that we're always dealing with when trying to print something high resolution!

But I think it can certainly work for certain things. And as the poster suggested - save one with the code and one without if you like.

Check this thread out and let me know what you all think!

http://www.digishoptalk.com/boards/showthread.php?t=304753

Art for Scrapbooking
07-04-2012, 09:22 PM
That is really interesting Darlene - thanks for pointing it out.
My mind is racing after reading it and I will have to think on it lol. My initial thought is I don't like the look of the barcode on the layout. The technology look of it doesn't really work for me on a lovely layout like that.
One thought I have is using it to link to your blog or facebook page or store. It would be permanently there then like a watermark or logo.
It is interesting though and I look forward to others' comments.

Darlene Currie
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
Yes, precisely what I thought. Too bad the QR code looks so ugly!:laugh:

donakat
07-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I saw this and thought it was a unique idea, best for sharing additional content that isn't in the layout. I do think it's not a permanent thing, though, and probably a bit of a fad. If you're just going to share the layouts online anyway (not printed), then there is a way to embed a movie into the layout. Saves the extra steps you do with the smartphone.
And I agree, Darlene, they do look like they've been impossibly resized beyond recognition (IRBR) :wink:!

Gem
07-05-2012, 12:58 PM
I think the idea of a QR code is great. However, it excludes anyone who does not either have this type of phone or the knowledge to use it. The extra information would only be available to certain people--those with the technology... Just saying....

Darlene Currie
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Not having a phone definitely let's you out of the ballgame, but there are tutorials on it if you're interested. And it's everyone's subjective opinion too right?