PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah!

Andrea
06-29-2012, 12:20 AM
I've been using Photoshop CS6 since it's release and all though there are always problems to be found in any new version of Photoshop, all I can say is HALLELUJAH because they have finally come out with a version of Photoshop that recovers open files and settings when it crashes! :party1: Photoshop does crash...a lot!

donakat
06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
That's a great feature! I've certainly wished for that ability to recover MANY times (too many, you'd think I'd wise up...).

Darlene Currie
06-29-2012, 08:41 PM
OMG - that is so wonderful! I've had such an issue with fonts on my Mac lately - at least that's what I think my problem is - and I had just got about 3/4 through a LO and was about to save it and . . . nothing. I lost the whole thing. By my bad for not saving sooner. One of my problems is, things will all of a sudden grey out and I can't select anything. Keyboard quick keys will work, but nothing in the pull-down menus. Of course I have to re-start. Such a pain!

I work in In-Design at work and they have had that for a while now, and it's such a blessing. You have the option of it trying to recover the last file that crashed, and most often it works. It's saved me a lot of time and money I tell you.

So you just got it Andrea? Did you get the whole CS platform upgrade or just Photoshop? I usually miss an upgrade and do the one after. It's just so expensive! But that feature sounds like it might be worth it! Start saving!

Andrea
06-30-2012, 12:06 AM
I have the creative suite so normally I pay for the upgrade at unmentionable prices each time a new upgrade comes out. This time however, I joined the new Adobe creative cloud (http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud.html) for $29 per month for the entire CS6 creative suite. Because I had the creative suite, I got a deal to get it for 40% off for the first year which is $29 per month. You can download and install any of the creative suite applications and use them as long as you continue to pay the monthly fee. I think the normal fee if you didn't have the creative suite was $49. Still, that beats $1000+ for the upgrade! I figure they will come out with a new version every two years and the cloud ends up being cheaper if you always have to upgrade...which I do because of the classes. It's crazy what they charge.

I had the exact same thing happen with the crashing where it grays out and has to shut down and you expect to lose everything. With CS6, when you open Photoshop back up, it opens a "recovered" version of what you were working on, even if it was several files. It is so nice!

Darlene Currie
06-30-2012, 01:05 AM
I like the idea of having access to everything if you sign up for the "cloud", but my initial investment years ago was the "standard" CS, so I don't have all the other applications. So I'm not thinking you can download things that you don't have the original application for, so for me, that wouldn't be worth the extra $30 a month. I did check and I would qualify for that, but unless I had all the other applications to upgrade, I'm not thinking it would be worthwhile. Must check into all the "fine print" on this one.

Thanks for your updates Andrea.:wub1:

mama4bears
06-30-2012, 08:40 AM
A Photoshop that recovers instead of losing what you are working on - WOW, that's all, just WOW!