PDA

View Full Version : Scrapper of the Week! June 26, 2012

mama4bears
06-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Get ready to meet Suzette aka MunchkinsMom!

Thank you so much for picking me for such an honor. Iím completely surprised because there is so many more people I consider more talented than I am at GDS. Still, Iím not going to say no since youíre offering.

1). How and when did you get into digi-scrapping?
Several years ago (5 or 6, I think) I was looking for something different to do with all the digital photos I was getting. I saw some digital layouts online and I was instantly hooked. I look back on those early layouts and want to change so much! Itís been a wonderful learning experience for me and a great way to deal with stress and different issues in my life.

2). Where are you from and tell us a little about yourself; where you're from and perhaps about your family?
I live in Utah with my husband of 18 years, my almost 13 year old son, and our two Miniature American Eskimo dogs. Both sets of parents live within an hour of us, which is why weíre still here in Utah instead of somewhere warmer. I have one brother who has a son and a daughter. My husband has three brothers and one sister with four boys and three girls among them. Everyone tends to end up in my scrapbooking pages except me. Have I mentioned how much I hate having my picture taken?

3). If you could travel to any place in the world where would you go, with whom and why?
Iíd go to Italy with my husband. I love Italian food and wine and Iíve always wanted to see all the historical sites in Italy. Iíd go with just my husband because it would be a wonderful second honeymoon and sometimes I long for the days when my world didnít revolve around another person as much as it does my son. Of course Iíd miss him within a day or two and wish he was there to share it with.

4). What will you purchase with your winning coupon?
Hard question! There are so many incredible designers at GDS that itís going to be so hard to pick! Iím getting ready to work on my parents 50th anniversary book which they want done in blues and browns, so maybe something for that. Any suggestions?

5). What's your very best favorite food?
Does coffee count? I couldnít live without coffee. If not, itís a tie between pasta and chocolate. I really should have said something healthy here, but it would have been a lie.

6). How much time do you digi-scrap per week?
It depends on the week and whatís going on. During the summer I have a lot more time since Iím not putting in the hours being a learning coach for my sons virtual schooling like I do the other parts of the year. I havenít sat down and figured out how many hours I put in though.

7). What program do you use?
I use Photoshop 7, but Iím really hoping to update soon. Iíd love the latest Photoshop if someone would like to buy it for me.

8). What would you rather have, more time or more money?
More money. Then I could hire a maid to do my housework and have more time to do the things I want.

9). What do you love most about digi-scrapping?
I love the freedom to try new things, different papers and elements, different photo sizes and shapes until I find something that touches me. I think some of my favorite layouts have been the ones others donít like or donít get, but theyíve touched me in a way that is significant.

10). What layout are you most proud of creating and why (share a link, please)?
Iím going to pick the one I did for the June Lyrical Challenge. Maybe because itís so soon after Fatherís Day or because Iím starting to realize how little time I might have left with my Dad, but it was a reminder to me of how lucky I am to have the Dad I have and how much I need to cherish the time we have together.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/524/GDS_Lyric_Challenge_June_2012_LQ.jpg

Thanks Again,
Suzette

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/Blue_Boat_Home-Mermaids_Dream-SW.jpg

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/517/GDS_Less_Is_More_June_2012_2_LQ.jpg

britnkaysmemaw2
06-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Congrats Suzette. Loved getting to know more about you.
Love your inspiration layout. I must say, you definetely need to cherish the time you have with your Dad. I just lost my Mom last week, and I am incredibly lost with out her!

donakat
06-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Great finding out about you, Suzette. I've admired your layouts for a long time, and I"m happy to see you honored here!

Debra
06-27-2012, 05:11 AM
Congratulations Suzette!

It's been great learning more about you. Chocolate, pasta and I'm with you .... couldn't live without coffee!

Always enjoy seeing your layouts too!

bombalurina59
06-27-2012, 05:39 AM
So great to see you here, my friend!! You know, I love and admire your layouts and especially your awesome talent for journalling! I'm definately with you on coffee, chocolate and pasta - to me that's a staple diet! :)

PattyB
06-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Congrats Suzette! I really enjoy reading your answers, I also enjoy looking at your gallery!

Darlene Currie
06-27-2012, 09:52 AM
I absolutely love this new feature being shared here at GDS! It gives everyone a sense of friendship I think by getting some insights into our fellow scrappers.

Your layouts are always worth a second look and you put so much substance into them. It's always a joy looking at them.

Italy? Sign me up. We should all save our money and do a scrappers tour there! Image the pics we'd have to scrap then!

Such a pleasure getting to know you a bit more!:bow2me:

criostirado
06-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Congratulations!!! Very well deserved!! Your gallery is great!!! Have fun spending your gift certificate!