PDA

View Full Version : Scrapper of the Week ! June 6, 2012

mama4bears
06-05-2012, 09:07 PM
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/image.php?u=31353
Meet Elysa! She's our Scrapper of the Week! Elysa is "new" to digi-scrapping but as you will see her gallery is filled with beautiful LOs. You can find her gallery right here (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=31353). Keep reading and you will find out some more about Elysa as well as what her favorite layout is.

Thank you so much for choosing me as the scrapper of the week!
I was very surprised to get the message as i'm a relative newbie after all, but i'm really glad & honoured people enjoy viewing my pages, because i sure love making them.

I completed your Questionaire:

1). How and when did you get into digi-scrapping?
I always was creative, making cards & scrapbooking and also making jewellery.
My livingroom table always looked messy, eventhough i have a hobbyroom.
I would be doing a project in one room and leave that out, as it wasn't finished yet.
But then get an idea for something else and would start at the livingroom table. The result being 2 very
messy corners in my house (LOL).
When i saw an article about digi-scrapping i felt like this would be perfect for me as it would be mess-free.
So i started collecting some freebies at first to "test it out" so to speak, and started scrapping with
those. I only started the whole digiscrapping recently (somewhere last year after summer), when i discovered
artjournaling. I've been looking at some AJ pages online and wished i could do that too. I finally made
the first try with this this year (about end of march, beginning april) as i joined the GDS forum.
And already i'm so hooked on AJ right now, i barely make any scrapbook pages (and i have a massive amount of photo's
too be scrapped LOL). I'm sure that will level itself out though !

2). Where are you from and tell us a little about yourself; where you're from and perhaps about your family?
I'm from the Netherlands, from a town called Bergen op Zoom. I'm 43 years old right now (oh my, that's gonna
be 44 in a few months). Most of my relatives unfortunately have died, only one left is my father.
But thankfully i got some really kind close friends, who are there for me !!
I am single. Although i was in a relationship recently, that didn't work out, so i broke it off.
Yeah free at last (just kidding there).

3). If you could travel to any place in the world where would you go, with whom and why?
Well, i already did my share of travelling and there are many places i loved that i would like to get back to.
Of course there's also enough places i haven't seen yet and would love to go to.
So this is a bit of difficult for me (LOL), i think i would have to say Nepal, i would go alone and maybe go for
a spiritual/meditation retraite.

4). What will you purchase with your winning coupon?
Oh dear, i don't know yet. There's so many great designers in the store.
My favorite is O.T.B.D.S. ofcourse, but since i'm a CT member that would be a bit redundant (LOL).
I have been eyeing the gorgeous brushes by Sweetmade, and also saw some great stuff by Precepts & Promisses and Stefairy.
But i don't know what i'll be going for yet, so i'll owe you the answer to this one.

5). What's your very best favorite food?
That easy: CHOCOLATE (is that actually a food ? - well it is to me !)

6). How much time to you digi-scrap per week?
That varies greatly. I have HMS, so if i'm in too much pain, i tone it down a notch. But otherwise
i'm on the pc (almost) every night. I haven't been keeping track of time, but i would go with A LOT !

7). What program do you use?
Adobe Photoshop CS 2. Sometimes i use a free version of Zoner for some blending and such, but it has
it's limitations (no layers, no dropshadows for starters)

8). What would you rather have, more time or more money?
I would like an equal amount of both. Not to much but sufficient. So 50-50 please !

9). What do you love most about digi-scrapping?
I love that it's mess-free (as stated above) and that you basically have an unlimited supply of your
favorite papers and elements. In paper scrapping things get deplenished quickly and eventually the
store doesn't sell your favorites anymore (out of stock, no longer being produced). That's not an issue
with digi-scrapping !!!
Also in paperscrapping if i made the page (and glued or fastened it) i can never go back and change it.
In digi-scrapping i can (also a very big plus for me) !!!

10). What layout are you most proud of creating and why (share a link, please)?
Expression - because i tend to be more visually inclined. If you look at my pages, i'm definately in there,
but i don't talk so much (LOL). On this page, i managed to get a large journaling done, and still made it look
good. That's a first for me, so that's why i'm proud of it.
It's here in the gallery: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com...ession&cat=500

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/medium/pb_elysah_Expression_AOS_week_15.jpg

Greetings,
Elysah

Darlene Currie
06-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Wow - that was a fabulous read Elysah. So great to get to know you a bit more! And who can resist a woman who loves chocolate!

bombalurina59
06-06-2012, 12:51 AM
Congratulations, Elysa! It sure is great to get to know you and I'm in awe of your AJ pages!!

PattyB
06-06-2012, 06:46 AM
Congrats Elysa! I really enjoyed reading your answers, and I do believe that chocolate should be made a food group too :laugh:

britnkaysmemaw2
06-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Congrats Elysah! Great to get to know more about you! Chocolate - Yep, I believe it's a food group too! :laugh:

daybreakscraps
06-06-2012, 08:27 AM
I loved reading all about you, congrats on the spotlight!

criostirado
06-06-2012, 08:45 AM
Congratulations!! You sooo deserve it! Your layouts are amazing!

Amanda
06-06-2012, 05:20 PM
That's my girl!!!! Way to go Elysah!

elysah
06-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Aww, thank you for all your kind remarks !!! :bow2me:

scrapn4christ
06-07-2012, 05:13 AM
CONGRATS Elysah. You are doing a fabulous job. It was nice getting to know you. :hi: