PDA

View Full Version : UnZip Multiple Files

tborntreger
06-21-2007, 08:51 AM
A while back I read somewhere that multiple files can be unzipped at the same time. I don't remember what program it requires or where to get it. Since I just changed to a new computer I have a lot of files to unzip as I didn't unzip them prior to changing over b/c I was out of disk space. If anyone can give me advice I would appreciated it!

HELP!!! :sad44:

Cherry47
06-21-2007, 09:20 AM
I had to put my laptop in the shop so I can't tell you the name of it but someone on this forum will let you know. I do want to tell you it is an awesome program. I love it. Sorry I can't help. I'm going to search the forums for it and will get back to you.

Cherry47
06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Ok, its called upzip them all. This is the link and it's free.
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/unzipall.html

tborntreger
06-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Thank you Cherry!!! I'm off to download it now!

tborntreger
06-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Couldn't get it to work. This is my luck...

angelfaye
06-21-2007, 10:31 AM
I got that from a forum link - worked like a charm for me and it saves all the time of doing it one at a time too!!

tborntreger
06-21-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm sure I messed it up somehow. I just got Vista and I really wish I still had XP.

babyofmine
06-21-2007, 11:30 PM
Theresa, Unzipthemall doesn't work "exactly" like winzip, but I tell ya, it's a lifesaver! I also have Vista, so I know it works. :D You just have to open the program, browse to the folder that have the files, and it automatically selects all of the .zip and .rar files in that folder. I have NOT been able to get it to work for password-protected files, though. Make sure you don't try to unzip .zip and .rar types at the same time, or it goes wonky. :D
So when you have the files selected, just click Start (at the bottom) and you're good to go! I think the default preferences, make it so that each zip has its own folder once it's unzipped, which I found annoying, so I changed it.
View > Options > Extraction Options (under "general" in the middle) > Extract into current folder.
Hope that helps!

tborntreger
06-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Julie, Thanks a million. Must have been having a bad day that day when I was trying b/c it's working like a charm now. Thanks again!