PDA

View Full Version : Has your DH ever done this??

Amanda
05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Ok, first off, we use the abbreviation DH for, what, "darling husband"? Well last night I think Dumb husband might have been more appropriate! ha! Sweetheart that he really is, he agreed to paint the living room and began last night. YEA! no more taupe. ( This whole place is taupe except for the deep red kitchen we did the first week here!) Now we are changing it up to a nice soft but welcoming (NOT pastel, rofl!!!) apple green. I love it so far!
What I di-n't love was the green paint on my best crockery and dishes!!!! :eek1ACK!
Found them this morning- he rinsed in the kitchen sink and splashed paint all over them!!!! Dear, darling, and occasionally dumb, husband of mine!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

britnkaysmemaw2
05-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Yep, I can so relate!

My DH.....(interpretation depends on what he has done, LOL).....races Remote Control Cars, and Loves to wash his tires in the kitchen sink and splatter the Mud all over the clean dishes. Could he not put them away before he starts! UGH!!!!! LOL

bombalurina59
05-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Aaah, the stories I could tell!! My favourite one goes like this:

DH and DS (Darling son?!?) both used to throw their socks in the laundry bin just as scrunched up as they they came off their feet - and yours truly had to spend hours to un-scrunch tons of smelly socks before being able to wash them. Uuugh!! well, one day I had enough of it! I just took the socks as they were and threw them into the washing machine and then hung them on the clothes line, scrunched up and all - the neighbours probably thought I'd gone right off my rails, but I didn't care. DH and DS didn't think it was funny at all. Can't think why!:)

Hugs
Andrea

Amanda
05-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Oh, YOU TWO!!! Truly did make me laugh out loud ( or aloud- then it would be LAL?)
At least the socks made it to the basket! DH & DS leave them where they remove them, especially in the summer! But, there are worse things, so, I am still thankful.

Just thought a rant thread would be fun!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Hubby just got back from the track, with dirty tires....but I fooled him, I put the dishes away today....even though that is supposed to be his job, ROFL!

JAB
05-17-2012, 05:01 PM
well...at least he rinsed/washed the brushes??? My DH would rather throw all the painting supplies away then wash them. They sit...and sit...and sit...:twitcy:

mine do the socks like that too- but what bugs me the most is when he leaves his undershirt inside the other shirt and throws them in the hamper- of course the undershirts are white and the work shirts are dark so they can't be washed together.....

Precepts and Promises
05-17-2012, 05:54 PM
So, I read this from a wise woman a while ago: while un-rolling those stinky, smelly socks, instead of griping (which I usually do), use that as an opportunity to pray for his feet! That they would lead him in paths of righteousness, that he would have the energy he needed to walk through his day, etc.
I try, but I fear I fail too often. And, oh, how I would miss those socks if they weren't there...

Amanda
05-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Hubby just got back from the track, with dirty tires....but I fooled him, I put the dishes away today....even though that is supposed to be his job, ROFL!

haha! that is great! You know, it is ok to laugh a bit at our differences.:twitcy: We know the differences won't divide us! :biggrin:

criostirado
05-18-2012, 08:06 AM
My DH does stuff to annoy me all the time...I think he does it on purpose!! the other day before my MIL came, I was cleaning like a mad woman. I didn't have time to stop to sit down and eat my lunch so I just had it on the counter and would grab a bite here and there. I ran up stairs to put laundry away...I was up there prob about 20 minutes, come down to eat some of my lunch and catch him feeding the last of it to the DOGS! I yelled" WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" he says "Giving the dogs this left over food" I yelled "that was my LUNCH!!!" hes like "Oh...sorry I didn't know" yeah because a plate with my lunch on it, a napkin and a full drink next to it all wouldn't have given him any hints??? It was so obvious that it was someone's meal...I think he did it on purpose just to get a reaction out of me!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-18-2012, 08:09 AM
LOL @ Christine.....he probably did. I think they do that stuff just to see how we will react!

Well, this morning mine has been a sweetie! He just made me up two batches of Fruit Slushies and froze them so I have my fruit drinks for the next week! He does have his wonderful moments! :)

criostirado
05-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Oh, YOU TWO!!! Truly did make me laugh out loud ( or aloud- then it would be LAL?)
At least the socks made it to the basket! DH & DS leave them where they remove them, especially in the summer! But, there are worse things, so, I am still thankful.

Just thought a rant thread would be fun!

You know what my dad used to do when I was younger and lived at home? If I took of my socks and left them in the living room or someplace they didnt belong..he would stuff them into one of my jacket pockets...you have no idea how many times I would be out with friends and stick my hands in my coat pocket and come up with dirty socks!

Amanda
05-18-2012, 08:28 AM
Mine just said, let's go to Olive Garden--- I'm outta here!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Mine just said, let's go to Olive Garden--- I'm outta here!

Sounds good to me! Enjoy!

Amanda
05-18-2012, 02:58 PM
It was a really nice time- he has been under soooo much stress, with school, car in shop, family illnesses, and the stupid case, it was great to have him come and suggest it, and he was like his old self. :D More handsome with age!!

Precepts and Promises
05-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Awww...

britnkaysmemaw2
05-18-2012, 04:15 PM
That's sweet Amanda. Great that you were able to enjoy and hopefully forget all the worries for a little bit!

Amanda
05-18-2012, 04:47 PM
We did! We have gotten quite good at setting things aside,- "whatever doesn't kill you first..." :rolleyes1:

Debra
05-23-2012, 11:08 AM
You all's stories are so sweet and funny! We're so lucky for the crazy wonderful men we have, aren't we! Wouldn't trade them for anything... especially since they put up with us sitting here just like this right now, most of the time! :love-smiley-011:

I think I'm gonna try that socks in the pockets idea :)

scrapinfan
05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
socks are the bane of my existance! Never a match! We get packages of matching white so that's okay... and yes, the scrunching goes on here too!

Debra
05-23-2012, 04:09 PM
socks are the bane of my existance! Never a match! We get packages of matching white so that's okay... and yes, the scrunching goes on here too!

..lol... When my munchkins were younger I had a big bin where I threw all the unmatched socks (and it was always full).. use to be a great punishment... "what did you just say to me child?!.. Oh really...? Time for you to start matching up some socks!"... :laugh:

... of course now, they just giggle when I threaten them with sock matching!

Amanda
05-23-2012, 05:57 PM
You know what my dad used to do when I was younger and lived at home? If I took of my socks and left them in the living room or someplace they didnt belong..he would stuff them into one of my jacket pockets...you have no idea how many times I would be out with friends and stick my hands in my coat pocket and come up with dirty socks!
THAT is hilarious!!!!
We should have done that with our son. He used to get the dishes washed so quickly when it was his turn-we were amazed...until we began to miss dishes, silverware?? I went to get our reserve of laundry soap out of the pantry and found the dirty dishes and silverware- about 2 weeks worth stashed there!!! He washed just enough to fool us. Imagine if we had put those in his pockets!

criostirado
05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Ok...my DH just did something wonderful (said in a sarcastic voice) I had been loading up the washer for a couple days..just putting stuff in it as I came across it..waiting for a full load. My DH..the sweetie that he is went out to clean my truck..which I was VERY happy about because with all the traveling we have been doing lately it is just trashed! Sooo I saw that he had started the washer...great right? yeah well...he had brought in the FLOOR MATS from the truck...and threw them in and washed them with my clothes! I was bout to kill him!!! those mats were nasty!!!

scrapn4christ
05-24-2012, 12:08 PM
Ok...my DH just did something wonderful (said in a sarcastic voice) I had been loading up the washer for a couple days..just putting stuff in it as I came across it..waiting for a full load. My DH..the sweetie that he is went out to clean my truck..which I was VERY happy about because with all the traveling we have been doing lately it is just trashed! Sooo I saw that he had started the washer...great right? yeah well...he had brought in the FLOOR MATS from the truck...and threw them in and washed them with my clothes! I was bout to kill him!!! those mats were nasty!!!

Y'all have had me in stitches reading all these posts, until here Christine! ... I would have totally lost it on him.

My husband works for a gas company delivering fuel/propane etc. Well he gets uniforms from work. Which is a great thing seeing how when he drives the short fuel truck he normally comes home filthy, the only problem is he never seems to "remember" to take his uniforms in to have them wash them, so I always end up doing it!! I keep asking him what the purpose of us paying for "mandatory" uniforms is when I still have to wash them. ... Gotta love'em!! :wub1:

britnkaysmemaw2
05-24-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm ready to string my DH up in the nearest tree right now!!!!!

He went to the RC track to do some maintenance on it today. He was in such a hurry to leave, he forgot the gas for the weed eater, his pipe tobacco, and who knows what else. Well, he stopped by a gas station near the track to put gas in the car before coming back home to get what he had forgot! (btw....which is 20+ miles one way).
He was calling a friend and put his cell phone on TOP OF THE CAR!!!!!! Guess what.....now he doesn't remember whether he moved it off and he can't find it anywhere!!!!!! :hairpull:
I have checked our account online and so far no usages, so that's good, but the phone just rings and then goes to voicemail! I have "Find my phone" set up, but he didn't have it turned on for his phone! :shot:

Men!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!

Amanda
05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
That's rough, Cathy, and Chris, you make me laugh- Once DH put our toothbrushes in the dishwasher!!!!! ACK!!!
Well, yesterday a package came for DH. It was pretty big, and I could tell it was military issue stuff. I thought, "Great, there goes our trip money!" But after a few minutes decided to wait it out and ask. Turns out it was a gift from a friend- fellow army vet! yea! We are both happy. LOL:wub1:

criostirado
05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
These stories are all so funny!!! I am always just shaking my head at my DH...I mean here he is, this very intelligent man probably one of the smartest that I know...and he does these weirdo wacky things around the house all the time! I just caught him cleaning up dog vomit with my DISH rag! I was like are you KIDDING ME? I wash the dishes, the counters, etc with that and you are cleaning up dog puke? Hello! That't what paper towels are for! He couldn't figure out why I told him to put it in the trash when he was done...yuck...I don't care if you can wash it...you don't clean up anything to do with the dogs with stuff I clean our dishes with! gessssh!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Well, found the missing phone.....it was run over by a car. One Very Shattered IPhone! :hairpull:

Amanda
05-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Too bad you don't have the phone Dan had. He was replacing the transmission fluid last saturday, and set the BRAND NEW phone off to the very far corner of the tarp, away from everything to protect it. Then he lifted the filter out and began to dump the old fluid, and somehow, you guessed it, it ran right to his phone! He didn't realize it for about five minutes. By then it was a greased goose! Company replaced it and allowed him to keep his minutes!

Debra
05-24-2012, 07:32 PM
Truly.. I am OTFLMHO!... you all need to be on AFV!!! You could ALL win the $100K easily!

Amanda
07-04-2012, 12:54 PM
Ok, so, surgery on the knee went well on Monday, so they sent him home yesterday with plans for a home visit today. Normal, right? Right. I asked if the nurse would be going anywhere but the living room and possibly the kitchen. He said, no, it will be a quick visit. So I washed all dishes this morning in the heat ( historic homes are not known for central air lol) and mopped the floor and vaccumed the L.R. and even cleaned up my studio wall. I made the bed and the bedroom was fairly clean, but didn't touch the bathroom. By the time I finished the kitchen, I was overheating again. Yesterday bringing him home we had to stop at Wallyworld for some groceries, cos of today being the 4th. That went well until I had to load them all into the car in 100 degree heat. I was really really overheated- my face turned red and then a weird pink for hours.
I digress... but I have to to explain the funny??? part of this post: I was sooo overheated yesterday afternoon that I took of my bra and hung it on the closet doorknob to air out. I didn't have time or energy to wash it right then. I left it there overnight. So, have you guessed it yet? YUP! The therapist/nurse (a male) wanted to "go have a look see" at the bedroom area and bathroom. UGH!!!! And there was "Bertha" hanging boldy on the closet doorknob waiving hello!!:vb_chirolp_iei: ARRRGGGGGGH!!! I was horrified.
But now, we all are laughing, right?http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/artfulpioneer/My%20smileys/1289F81-1.gif

Art for Scrapbooking
07-04-2012, 03:05 PM
:laugh: Well I am.
I hate wearing a bra and admit I have a habit of sometimes taking it off in the upstairs lounge. I am adept after years at removing it from under my top lol. Problem is I sometimes forget to move it and will find it on the lounge days later. Whenever I hear visitors arrive I have to do a quick scan of the loungeroom but my daughter has found a couple hanging over the arm of the chair.

Hope hubby is going well and if he is anything like mine when he broke his collarbone - I hope you are surviving - lol.

donakat
07-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Too funny, y'all. I have to admit I've done the same many times. Hate wearing them, especially when it's hot.

criostirado
07-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Amanda! You named your bra "Bertha?" LOL...you are crazy!!!

britnkaysmemaw2
07-05-2012, 08:29 AM
LOL....I am sure the therapist has seen a lot worse! Hope hubby is doing well, and that you are taking care of yourself. I think I would be getting a window A/C unit! Can't imagine anyone in the south living without A/C!

Amanda
07-05-2012, 10:25 AM
LOL....I am sure the therapist has seen a lot worse! Hope hubby is doing well, and that you are taking care of yourself. I think I would be getting a window A/C unit! Can't imagine anyone in the south living without A/C!

Oh, we have two, but none for the living room as it is a huge historical window and doesn't open. We will survive, this kind of heat makes everyone go slowly. At least the bedroom stays cool for sleeping. Thanks!:love-smiley-011: