PDA

View Full Version : New things my kids are doing....

amyleigh1204
06-18-2007, 07:55 AM
Okay, we just got back from vacation on Saturday, whew! It was great! A whole week of nothing but family time, water, sun, and sight seeing. We rented a house on the Guadalupe River, so we didn't have to eat out every night and could watch movies, play games, whatever we wanted.

On to the kids: Caleb, the baby, will be 2 in September. On this trip he chased after his big brothers and was in total heaven the whole time! His new thing is holding his arms up and saying so sweetly, "Hole joo, Mama.", or anytime I or my DH do anything for him,"Tank oo, Mama." Too cute!!

My oldest, Matt, will be 9 in September. He is really beginning to notice girls. UGH! He stated that he was the bikini patrol! We were at the pool just about every night and thank goodness it was mostly moms and little girls, no teenage girls!

Our middle son, Christian, will be 7 in September. He is constantly wanting to know if it would kill someone if they fell off of this or that, or got stabbed with a knife! EEK! Now, we don't watch scary or violent movies, this is out of the blue. I think it is a boy thing, though, b/c the oldest went through this briefly, too.

What cute or, even (eehem) odd things are your kids doing?

ABitDaffy
06-18-2007, 08:12 AM
Amy, those are too funny! I'm glad ya'll had a good time on your trip!

My husband made the mistake of reading David and Goliath to our 3-year-old. So, now, she is David, my DH is Goliath, I am Jesse (David's dad), and our 8-month old baby girl is King Saul. And we have to be these characters EVERYWHERE! Trust me, I get some wide-eyed looks when we're at the store and I call out to my long-haired daughter in her twirly dress - "Hey, David! Come back here - I need to get some diapers for King Saul!"

This morning as she was getting ready for school, her daddy asked her if she wanted to wear a bow in her hair. She put her hands on her hips and said, "NO! Goliath! Little shepherd boys do not wear hair bows!" And then rolled her as like she was saying, "As if!"

KattyZak
06-18-2007, 10:09 AM
I have young teenagers so not a lot of new stuff. The one new thing is that going to the lake is not the big deal it once was and they would rather not go - that's a first. Don't like that but I guess its a part of growing up.

ckbymommy
06-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Amy, sounds like Caleb is just too cute! Luckily the fascination with death will pass, sorry that I can't say the fascination with girls will not, hehehe!

Daffy, that's hillarious! I think if I witnessed that store scene it would be hard for me not to fall on the floor laughing!!

Katty, that's too bad. That's where I am with my 14 year old son - for the moment, though, my 15 year old daughter still likes to spend time with us.

My kiddos are driving me insane this summer, so I'm already looking forward to mid-August and school starting up again!

Christopher (6 in Oct) will be starting Kindergarten - and asks me everyday if school starts tomorrow. Everytime we drive down the street with his school, he excitedly lets everyone know that will be his school. He is so proud of the fact that he is in the kindergarten class for Sunday school and that next week he will be going to the kindergarten VBS. He is learning how to read and write, and getting pretty good at his math facts, so I'm not quite sure what they will teach him when school finally does start :twitcy:.

Kaleb (turned 14 last April) got WOW (software and subscription) from his big brother (against my wishes, I might add) and all he wants to do is play on the computer - wants nothing to do with any family activities, has to be forced to spend time with his little brother, and his new personality after all that game time is frustrating me to no end. I have just implemented a new thing, he has to earn time on the compter - if he does a 1/2 hour of an approved activity (playing with/reading to his brother, doing an extra chore, family time) he gets a 1/2 hour on the computer.

Brianna (16 in Oct - and has been planning the party for 5 years, hehehe) is looking forward to her birthday for multiple reasons, but mostly because she will be allowed to date at that time. She has been babysitting some this summer, and hanging out with friends. She will be old enough to get her drivers permit when her birthday rolls around, but will still need a year of training before being able to take the actual driving test - and our state requires that they have 6 hours of driving with an instructor before testing. She does have a love interest, but luckily he lives in a neighboring town and is a good 30-40 minute drive away (which means walking there is completey out of the question, and since Bri is the oldest of her set of friends, no one is driving her out there. But, that doesn't stop them from talking on the phone every night (ohhh, my baby girl is growing up, and while I love watching her grow into the lovely young woman she is becoming, it still makes me sad at times :frown:. And this new BF thing, of course, makes me worry :confused1:)

Anyway, if you read all the way through my little novella, you deserve a ribbon ..
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/congrats/1stprize.gif

yin
06-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Oh this thread is such fun to read, we all have some of those moments!! I can identify with Amy, my two sons aged eight and ten are in a "macabe" mode. They want to "kill" everything, all their games include how to kill something with light sabers, transformer machines, all kinds of imaginery weaponary, ... you get the idea.. I hope they outgrow this phase quickly!

TraciJ
06-19-2007, 04:14 AM
I despaired of EVER getting out of the killing phase!! Now he's 15 and it's just transferred itself to video games! The bad thing is that I'm a mean Mommy and I've never let guns, swords and the like into my house! I'm also VERY selective in what video games I let be played here too!
Our newest thing here at the house is something that I scrapped about! It's forever "Kiki's turn" She has to do everything all herself, we're not allowed to help anymore!! Heaven help us if we dare to try and help her do something :laugh:

CJsMom
06-19-2007, 11:01 AM
The stories in here are funny...they make me laugh. My son, Caleb, will be 4 this coming Monday and he is pretty funny right now. For some reason the word wonderful is stuck in his head and he uses it at all the right times. Last week he got a birthday card from Geoffrey Giraffe at Toys R Us and he said "Oh Mom, it's going to be a WONDERFUL birthday now!" I was said because you got a card from a Giraffe and he said "Yes, now it will be wonderful!" It was too funny and precious at the same time.

amyleigh1204
06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Okay, I know that Caleb is only 21 months old, and didn't really know what he was saying, I really do know that!! When we were at the doctor's office on Monday afternon, we were put in an exam room that has angels on the wallpaper. He would point to an angel and say, "Mommy!". Now how special is that!!