PDA

View Full Version : A "Father's Day" Memory !!!

Love4Scrap
06-15-2007, 08:34 PM
Hello Ladies !~,

I see that Fathers Day is just around the corner for us here in the USA, and wanted to share a moment of memory with you all.

13 Years ago On June 17,1994 Our Oldest daughter was born on FATHERS DAY Now!~ thats a "Fathers Day " to Remember,but it was short lived that day as She was wisked away,and Flown with Me to a Hospital 3 hours away.

We were not told what the problem seem to be as the Dr. that delivered her and the Peditrican were not saying much, if that at all.. The ONLY THING that they would say , was that she may not make it thru the night. They were not sure that she would even make it thru the next few hours, and that they felt she needed to be sent where the Dr.'s knew more than they did, so with her tiny life-less body in a glass inqubator and me in the seat beside her,I let Our 11 mo. old kiss his Sister "GoodBye" "i wuves you sissy" , He said,and We were off to the small Jet that awaited Our arrival.

We made that trip, as My husband made that three hour trip by car. That was the Most Frightening drive for him, because he didn't know what was wrong with our daughter, and at that ,if she was going to be alive when he got there. I too wondered if Daddy was going to see his daughter in-time.

When We got there and My Husband arrived they told Us that they had found 2 holes in Our daughters Heart (ASD/VSD) , and for her things were worse because she had these 2 holes on the same side of the heart,and made other problem arise. Things were touchy, and that at this point Funneral Arrangments were the NEXT STEP.

Thankfully the long hours turned to days,weeks,and then @ nearly 3 mos . old We FINNALLY Celebrated "FATHERS DAY', because that day was a TRUE FATHERS DAY. It was the day that our very sick angel made it thru an 8 hour Heart Surgery. :) Our Miracle Baby !~

I tell you all this because as we Celebrate Fathers Day this Sunday, and refect on the memories that We have of that Very meaning of "Fathers Day", We here Celebrate another stage in Our Daughters life.

!. You give Birth
2. You Cry when they take that FIRST STEP
3. You Celebrate that FIRST WORD
4. You have a PARTY for the WHOLE BLOCK the day that they TURN 1
5. The Camera is BROKE due to ALL the pictures you just had to have
6. You CRY when they START THIER FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
7. Your the Toothfairy,Santa,Dr. Mom,and thats FIRST FRIEND they have.

and NOW !!!
You get to be there on ONE of the MOST IMPORTANT DAYS OF HER LIFE !!!

SHE BECOMES A "TEENAGER" This day , For My Husband and Myself seeing her make it this far and reach such a mildstone on such a holiday,means that much MORE. :) :) WE NEVER THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD SEE THIS DAY!~

"Happy Fathers Day Daddy"If it were not for you I would not be where I am Today!~ Thank you for the Patients,Love,Understanding ,and all the support that you gave thru the years with ALL the health problems that I have incountered with my "Bumpy Heart".

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO A WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND FATHER !~,AND A VERY SWEET HAPPY 13TH BIRTHDAY TO THE PRIETTIEST "TEENAGER" I KNOW... I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE,

Helen
06-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Aw - this brought tears to my eyes - you are blessed. Celebrate on Sunday!

:party1: :party1:

twirlyjoy
06-16-2007, 12:03 AM
awww, this made me cry - have a wonderful fathers day and birthday :)

wildstorm
06-16-2007, 12:16 AM
I can now write as i have wiped the tears from my eyes. Well done and congrats all round. Every day is mother and fathers day when you are blessed with children and more so when they battle to stay in your life.

bbhartley
06-16-2007, 06:27 AM
I cannot imagine the struggles; sleepless nights, days and weeks; just holding your breath to make it thru moments - CONGRATULATIONS AND AS PRECIOUS AS EACH HOLIDAY IS FOR ALL OF YOU, I PRAY THERE ARE SO MANY MORE IN YOUR LIVES!

TraciJ
06-16-2007, 06:36 AM
Aw Daneta!!!

Don't play a pregnant woman's emotions like that!! I read this as soon as I woke up this morning ... and what you've been through!!

Happy EVERY day to you!!

brandiwest
06-16-2007, 08:45 AM
What a touching story!! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to your DH and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your "little" girl!! Enjoy all the memories!!

Love4Scrap
06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Thank you Ladies for the blessed Comments and Traci, I am sorry I wasn't thinking that way as you being Pregnant!~ We have been blessed more than I can say!` 4 Wonderful Children.... Even the Double Trouble Duo.lol...lol...lol...lol... They are OUR LIVES!!!! I was not meaning to make anyone cry , I just wanted the world to know how HAPPY We are to see This Day!~ its the World to Us!!!!!