PDA

View Full Version : Scrapper of the Week ! April 13, 2012

mama4bears
04-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Congratulations Ayenn!

When I sent a pm to Ayenn telling her she was this week's Scrapper of the Week she couldn't believe it. Be sure to read all about her to find out why.
You can find her gallery here (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?ppuser=15615&cat=500), I'm sure you will enjoy her creations as much as I do.

Here are my answers: Thank you so much!

1). How and when did you get into digi-scrapping?
Oh you might laugh at this but it actually all started after I watched the movie - 'The Notebook' in 2008. I cried buckets because like the wife in the movie and like my own grandmother, I felt that I might have Alzheimer's also. So I started thinking about my family and how I want them to remember me and how I would also want to be reminded of our wonderful memories. So I started writing about my life's "journey" and tried putting all our pictures together but didn't know how. I joined 2 or 3 scrapping sites but I didn't feel like I belong. And then I stumbled upon GDS --- and that was it --- I fell in love with digi-scrapping! Thanks to GDS --- You have been such a blessing and encouragement to me! :-)

2). Where are you from and tell us a little about yourself; perhaps about your family?
I am from the Philippines. I am a registered nurse here and in New York. I took the exams but I didn't practice my profession because I just cannot leave my kids to the day care. I have a wonderful husband and we've been homeschooling our 2 kids, Riel (8 years old) and Aethan (7 years old) for three years already. We chose to homeschool because we want to be the one to disciple our kids and make a difference in their lives. I know that I am not the most qualified teacher - there are more people who are better equipped to teach my kids - but my confidence comes from the knowledge that God has called me to do this and by His power, He has granted me everything I need (2 Peter1:3). His grace is sufficent for me.

3). If you could travel to any place in the world where would you go, with whom and why?
I have not yet travelled out of the country with the kids. We are praying that someday soon we can do that. I would love to bring the kids to Disneyland. :-)

4). What will you purchase with your winning coupon?
Oh wow, all the kits in GDS are just so wonderful that I think it would take days before I can finally decide which one to choose. ;-)

5). What's your very favorite food? I cannot resist these two - Tacos and Pizza!

6). How much time to you digi-scrap per week?
Scrapping for me is "rest" so when we're not homeschooling and I'm not busy with chores, I scrap whenever I can.

7). What program do you use?
Mostly Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3 and a little of Adobe Photoshop CS5

8). What would you rather have, more time or more money?
Time. I struggle with this everyday and I am reminded to redirect my priorities through this quote. "Pressure reveals our priorities. When the pressure is on, everything but the essential is put on hold." Our kids are the only treasure we can bring to heaven so we really want to invest our time on them.

9). What do you love most about digi-scrapping?
GDS, the community - the scrappers are so friendly, online friends....and a lot more. I love sharing our pictures to our friends. I love to journal our "journey" through these pictures. But there are still more I would really, really love to do (like journal my faith - like what you're doing in My Life:My Faith)

10). What layout are you most proud of creating and why (share a link, please)?
Being chosen for this week was a surprise that I had to email Pam and ask if the info was missent. lol. I cannot find any layout I made that is exceptional --- I am still learning...and I would still need to learn a lot but If I were to choose ---
I'd say - the layout I made for round 1 of supreme contest - not because it's the best but because I never thought I can make something like it! I've never done any art journaling and I had to go out of my comfort zone to finish it. I find it difficult to think out of the box but thanks to Amanda - I'm hooked!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/1227/medium/round_1_sml.jpg

This one --- due to sentimental reasons – just because I love to look at our wedding pictures. When God made my husband, “He must have been thinking about me....”

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/1012/medium/Scraplift_challenge1.jpg

--------------------------------------------

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/542/medium/20120321_Alvins_birthday_sml.jpghttp://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/527/medium/20111212_HS_Coop_Christmas_Party_scraplift_challen ge_sml.jpg

PattyB
04-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Congrats Ayenn! How wonderful, and your layouts too!

donakat
04-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Congratulations, Ayenn! Such a great gallery of memories that I'm sure your family will always treasure. Love that wedding layout!

maricar_casuga
04-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Thank you, Pam...and thank you everyone...You're all sooo nice and friendly. I feel I won the lottery! lol :-)

Debra
04-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Congratulations and so well deserved!

It's always so great to see your layouts and reading more about you just makes me want to know you even more! I'm a fan now for sure!! So glad you're here with us at GDS!:dancing::tee:

maricar_casuga
04-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Oh Debra, that is just soo kind! Thank you ;-) I'm your fan as well!!! Designers like you inspire me a lot. It's a privilege to create layouts with such wonderful kits! :-)

SparkysGirl
04-13-2012, 08:16 PM
Congratulations, Ayenn! You so deserve the honor! I love your art journal layout too ... I wish you the best of luck in the Supreme Team contest. You would be such a sweet addition to the team.

Rollinchen
04-18-2012, 04:15 AM
Congratulations Ayenn!
Your gallery is very wonderful!

criostirado
04-18-2012, 07:03 AM
Congratulations!! Love your layouts!! They are so pretty and colorful!!