PDA

View Full Version : My new mouse is sick

bdjeepers
06-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I searched the web, and the MS knowledge base. I've installed a couple of "helpful" programs that didn't work. I uninstalled and re-installed the correct software, and checked for a update for my 4 month old MS wireless laser mouse. The scroll wheel won't scroll anymore! I see where lots of people have had the same problem with other brands, but I can't find a software fix that works. Anyone here who can help would be an angel! If I could find the receipt, I'd take it back to the store for a replacement. I do believe I registered it online, though; I usually do. It is just sitting there, with its non-existant tail tucked between its legs. I think it must be the hardware. Grrr. :hairpull:

TraciJ
06-15-2007, 02:24 AM
Oh NO, Barbara!!

I'd be takin' that sick lil' mousie BACK to the store for a replacement! I'm sure that your warranty will cover 4 months! I've never liked wireless mouses ... I'm kinda spoiled now with my laptop's touchpad :laugh:

mosser77
06-15-2007, 02:59 AM
Do you mean the scroll wheel doesn't move at all (jammed) or it doesn't scroll your page when you move it? Whenever my mouse starts to act up, I change the batteries. I sure hope that is the problem...an easy fix!

bdjeepers
06-15-2007, 05:05 AM
Do you mean the scroll wheel doesn't move at all (jammed) or it doesn't scroll your page when you move it? Whenever my mouse starts to act up, I change the batteries. I sure hope that is the problem...an easy fix!

Sadly, no, new batteries didn't help. The scroll wheel turns but it doesn't scroll the page. I think Traci's got the right idea, and I may go back to a corded mouse. The big honkin' desktop of mine - do they make a touchpad for them?

Debra
06-15-2007, 08:42 AM
So sorry to hear about that sick little one... I have a wireless Logitech and it works wonderfully... only uses one double A battery too!

ckbymommy
06-15-2007, 08:46 AM
Mine is a logitech, as well - and for the most part it works. I do get frustrated at time with it - but usually a fresh battery or a new mouse pad is all the fix it needs.

Helen
06-15-2007, 09:05 AM
Aw - I have a logitech mouse too - and usually a battery or new mouse pad works for it too. If you have tried reinstalling and have changed the battery and it still doesn't work - well - it sounds like you need a new mouse or get this one fixed.

Here's what your mouse is going to look like if it doesn't straighten up! :laugh:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa94/HelenEhrenhofer/5.jpg

Debra
06-15-2007, 09:40 AM
HA!!! :lmao:

Maisie
06-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I love mouses!
The one I bought for my laptop, broke.
So I know how you feel Barbara.

bdjeepers
06-15-2007, 01:38 PM
I had to give up. I've gone back to my old wired mouse and will try to return my new one. With the joints in my hands like they are (arthritis) I can't use a Logitech - too any odd angles for me. This is the second time I've tried a wireless mouse, and haven't like either one.

babyofmine
06-15-2007, 07:21 PM
The scroller-wheel on my off-brand Superman Returns mouse quit moving at all. I contacted the company, and it's only covered for 30 days. grrr. So back to the corded one that came with the compy. :P