PDA

View Full Version : You wanna know what REALLY stinks??

TraciJ
06-14-2007, 03:48 AM
I've been playing along with the Super Dad Dream Sweepstakes (http://shutterfly.eprize.net/fathersday) from Shutterfly .. and guess what? I won a FREE 20 page book!! I thought, WOW .. GREAT .. here's a chance to get some of my LO's printed (since I already have them all uploaded to there anyhow!)

I went to my account .. and it's an 8 1/2 by 11 book!! I've never scrapped rectangular! Remember, me? I'm the BOX person .. pretty doggone SQUARE!

Now WHAT am I gonna do with a free 8 1/2 by 11 book??

twirlyjoy
06-14-2007, 04:01 AM
I tell you what you're gonna do - Andrea offers the majority of her templates in a rectangular option, and so has Alice done recently with her template challenge, so you can go and use them and THINK OUTSIDE THAT BOX!!!

twirlyjoy
06-14-2007, 04:01 AM
btw - congrats on the prize - don't waste it|!!!!!

TraciJ
06-14-2007, 04:16 AM
But ... that would mean that I'd have to make TWENTY LAYOUTS .... by July 15th!!! That's not nearly long enough :laugh: I'm lucky to check my emails these days!

CrayonQueen
06-14-2007, 04:29 AM
wow, i totally feel your pain here.......i don't scrap in rectangle either, lol. If 20 pages in a month isn't do-able for ya, maybe this would be a good RAK for someone??

Congrats on winning though!!

inge
06-14-2007, 04:31 AM
that is less then one a day *woot

for a person so created and talented as yourself that can't be a problem !

we will all help commenting on your "out of the box" LO :wink:

ABitDaffy
06-14-2007, 04:38 AM
What if you did 8 X 8 with a white border? I think one of their options is an 8X8 pic on the 8.5 X 11 book. So that would be thinking out of the box while staying in it! Not the best solution, but maybe easier than making 20 new pages while you're 13 months pregnant!

Love4Scrap
06-14-2007, 04:44 AM
TRACI ....YUOU CAN DO THIS!~ IT will be well worth it after it is all done too.. you are very talented and so this would be DIFFERENT .....Yes, But for you NOT A PROBLEM!!!!!! ... I know that you can do this . We all do! Congrads on the Win . Way to go !!!!!!!!!

griest
06-14-2007, 04:50 AM
Maybe they would let you pay the price difference between a 12x12 and a 81/2 x 11. Surely it couldn't be that much? Then you would have exactly what you want.:confused1:

Debra
06-14-2007, 05:28 AM
Maybe they would let you pay the price difference between a 12x12 and a 81/2 x 11. Surely it couldn't be that much? Then you would have exactly what you want.:confused1:

Given the circumstances, I ditto Griest! And Big Congrats on winning this prize! Only other suggestion would be to find yourself a 8 1/2 x 11 quickpage album and atleast you wouldn't have to be all that creative.

Helen
06-14-2007, 06:19 AM
Now Traci - don't look a gift horse in the mouth - be thankful you WON something! :laugh:

CONGRATULATIONS! You lucky girl!

BTW - you don't have until July 15th - remember I guessed that HAYES is being 'downloaded' (computerspeak) on July 4th!!!!!

Here's an option - print your layouts already uploaded there - as Daffy said - as 8x8s in the center of book - and when you get it - you or your kids can autograph the pages in the border areas - with glitter pens, etc - and then you have a HYBRID scrapbook.

Or as Griest and Debra said - upgrade to larger size.

OR try resizing your layouts to the rectangle size. You might be surprised that some layouts can be cropped to this size - depending on how you did the layout. I've done that with some of mine - think out of the box.

OR take the layouts you wanted to have printed - copy to a blank rectangle size, reduce the lg one down - and then ADD something to the rest of the page - like titles or something. No need to print blank space - use the space to print TITLES or something.

BTW - I uploaded my 2 QPs for Brandi's QP exchange - especially for YOU - and not a single comment on them (they've been there for a whole day)
Go check them out -might cheer you up - to know you got some MORE free QPs coming your way in this exchange - that is - if you get a page in on it.

Have a NICE day!

bdjeepers
06-14-2007, 06:36 AM
I've been playing along with the Super Dad Dream Sweepstakes (http://shutterfly.eprize.net/fathersday) from Shutterfly .. and guess what? I won a FREE 20 page book!! I thought, WOW .. GREAT .. here's a chance to get some of my LO's printed (since I already have them all uploaded to there anyhow!)

I went to my account .. and it's an 8 1/2 by 11 book!! I've never scrapped rectangular! Remember, me? I'm the BOX person .. pretty doggone SQUARE!

Now WHAT am I gonna do with a free 8 1/2 by 11 book??

Give it to me??? :biggrin: LOL! I print in that size!

twirlyjoy
06-14-2007, 06:47 AM
I think the RAK idea is fab - if you can't/don't want to do any of the other suggestions, I'll do some pages for you at that size as a RAK - and I'm sure others would do some too! You'd just have to have some pics for us to use!!!

Helen
06-14-2007, 07:09 AM
Great idea Joy! We can ALL RAK her.

I'm in! Traci - if you want us to scrap you a book, just give us some photos - or the jpegs of the layouts you already have that we can convert to rect for you. Seeing how you are getting close to due date - we have a better chance of getting this done FOR you - than you probably do.

:vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei:

Helen

alfenner
06-14-2007, 08:39 AM
OH NO!!!! Well, I say start scrapping rectangle........at least long enough to get your book! hehe........OR maybe if you contacted them you could pay the difference between the rectangle and square?

bdjeepers
06-14-2007, 08:47 AM
I think the RAK idea is fab - if you can't/don't want to do any of the other suggestions, I'll do some pages for you at that size as a RAK - and I'm sure others would do some too! You'd just have to have some pics for us to use!!!

I'll help re-do some Traci, if someone will tell me what RAK means! Hey - I even went to the lingo page. It is an unlisted term, so I'm still in the dark, but "raking" my brain!

twirlyjoy
06-14-2007, 08:50 AM
lol sorry - RAK means "Random Act of Kindness" - so basically, you do someone a favour, just for the sake of doing it :)

ronda
06-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Congrats, and I agree on seeing if they would let you pay the diff. why wouldn't they? It's money in their pocket, LOL

Ronda

Maisie
06-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Hey Traci!!!
This is marvelous!!! You lucky duck!!!
There are so many marvelous ideas in this thread.
I'm sure you'll have no problem making a choice.
I'm in on making some pages for you, if that's the route you chose.

bdjeepers
06-14-2007, 09:40 AM
lol sorry - RAK means "Random Act of Kindness" - so basically, you do someone a favour, just for the sake of doing it :)

Thank you, Joy! Hee, hee - we've sometimes paid for a stranger's toll on a turnpike, just for the sake of watching their faces! RAKs are fun! I love little secret things like that!

brandiwest
06-14-2007, 10:59 AM
CONGRATS TRACI!!!

I agree....I would resize to 8x8; then you wouldn't have to redo all your LOs! I bet the girls would LOVE to autograph this book!!:wink:

bdjeepers
06-14-2007, 11:04 AM
If you set up your blank page as the size in the book, place your 8 x 8 on it near one end, it will leave some room for a couple of small photos on the other end, or maybe more comments/journaling/dates, etc.

ckbymommy
06-14-2007, 07:19 PM

What a fabulous idea!! It could be our little baby shower gift to her!

ckbymommy
06-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Great idea Joy! We can ALL RAK her.

I'm in! Traci - if you want us to scrap you a book, just give us some photos - or the jpegs of the layouts you already have that we can convert to rect for you. Seeing how you are getting close to due date - we have a better chance of getting this done FOR you - than you probably do.

:vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei:

Helen

If you kept the layered files - it is really easy to change the layout (believe me, I've done it for a huge album)