PDA

View Full Version : I got to meet Lisa today!

Precepts and Promises
03-19-2012, 05:00 PM
I'm here in Virginia visiting my DD and her family. When Lisa, AKA Sparkysgirl, wrote to ask if I'd like to meet her, I was so honored. Today, we met in Charlottesville, about half-way between, and enjoyed a wonderful chat at Starbucks. She is a sweetie, and I'm so pleased to be her friend.
Thanks again, Lisa!
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/me_and_lisa.jpg

britnkaysmemaw2
03-19-2012, 05:15 PM
How wonderful is that!!!!!

I am envious! I so would love to meet some of you wonderful friends in person! We need to have a GDS convention! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!

SparkysGirl
03-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Barbara is a sweetie, too! :roses: I feel so close to many of my "virtual" friends, and it was so good to actually meet and chat in person. It validated that the close feeling I have is legit ... Barbara is EXACTLY what I perceived and expected. I just wish we'd had more time to chat. The time went by too fast. :sad44:

wanda
03-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Two beautiful ladies! Isn't it fun to meet your online friends?

bombalurina59
03-20-2012, 12:44 AM
How wonderful for both of you! It's such a great experience to meet one's cyber buddies in real life! Last weekend I went to a digiscrapping event in Holland where I met Susan (aka suslyn). We had such a great time there, chatting and studying each other's books and albums! There were also some fantastic designers there and it was a really awesome experience to talk to all these talented people!

I think a GDS convention would be such a wonderful idea, Cathy!!!:gogo:

Hugs
Andrea

Debra
03-20-2012, 06:38 AM
That's so wonderful that you two got to meet in person! Real hugs instead of virtual ones... awesome! And a GDS Convention...wow, wouldn't that be fun!

bombalurina59
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
So, who's going to organize it?:wink:

Blackthorne
03-20-2012, 01:47 PM
What a great little forum - meeting that must have been.
It is just overwhelming when people from the virtual world
turn out the way youŽd expected ..... So glad you enjoyed
the time together. :rolleyes1:

britnkaysmemaw2
03-20-2012, 06:31 PM
So, who's going to organize it?:wink:

:rolleyes1: That would be a major job, but oh the rewards!

scrapn4christ
03-20-2012, 07:05 PM
I am so envious!! What a blessing it would be to meet some of you!! I also have to agree a GDS Convention would be awesome!

donakat
03-20-2012, 10:42 PM
How lucky you both are to have been able to meet! Such a fun idea to get together. Anyone ever been to Scrapapalooza?

SparkysGirl
03-21-2012, 04:23 AM
Dona I have always wondered about it. I'd love to go one year, but I'd have to save up! Wouldn't that be a HOOT to meet up there?!

bombalurina59
03-21-2012, 04:46 AM
Haven't heard of that one yet, I'm afraid. Do you perhaps have a link?

How lucky you both are to have been able to meet! Such a fun idea to get together. Anyone ever been to Scrapapalooza?

Precepts and Promises
03-21-2012, 07:08 AM
Barbara is a sweetie, too! :roses: I feel so close to many of my "virtual" friends, and it was so good to actually meet and chat in person. It validated that the close feeling I have is legit ... Barbara is EXACTLY what I perceived and expected. I just wish we'd had more time to chat. The time went by too fast. :sad44:

Oh, it did FLY by too fast! We still have so much to talk about, too. But, thankfully, I get to VA a couple of times a year; perhaps we will be fortunate enough to meet again! :-)

And, I'd love to go the Digiscrapapalousa (sp?) but I haven't yet, thinking that I wouldn't know anyone. BUT, if we started to plan NOW, in a year we could have a whole contingent of GDS-ers there! Start checking the couch cushions and hubby's pockets for loose change!

donakat
03-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Here's the link to Digiscrapapalooza (http://digiscrapapalooza.com/). Barbara's idea of getting together a bunch to go next year sounds great! I'd definitely be up for that.

bombalurina59
03-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Thank you so much for the link, Dona! I've had a look and it really sounds and looks fantastic! If we get a whole bunch of people together for the Digiscrapalooza convention in Vegas next year, I'd be willing to get my little behind over to the USA and join y'all! :)

Here's the link to Digiscrapapalooza (http://digiscrapapalooza.com/). Barbara's idea of getting together a bunch to go next year sounds great! I'd definitely be up for that.

Precepts and Promises
03-22-2012, 02:41 PM
WOW! Andrea, that's wonderful! Ladies, we MUST do this!