PDA

View Full Version : If you could travel to any place in the world....

amyleigh1204
06-12-2007, 02:47 PM
where would you go and what would you do? Tell us about your dream vacation, or trip of any kind. I am on vacation with my family right now, so it got me to thinking.

Here's mine: I would take my family on a trip to Europe. We would go to all of the places where famous WWII battles occured, and see all of the things that my father saw when he was there. He was in Germany for most of the time, but took his R&R and went to London and Paris. I would particularly be interested in seeing Dachau and the site of the concentration camp. My father was stationed there after the camp was liberated.

On the other hand, a trip to Hawaii would be awesome, too!!

Tell us yours!

Xaria
06-12-2007, 03:03 PM
At the moment, I just want to go anywhere warm. I would love to go back to America, because shopping is so cheap compared to here.
Long term I would love to go to Antarctica which is comparatively near or Africa.
Actually I would love to travel most places.:vb_chirolp_iei:

ckbymommy
06-12-2007, 03:07 PM
My dream has always been to go to Venice. Since that is so far out of the question, LOL, I have never really researched it, so I'm not sure what I would do when I get there.

Another dream of mine is to take a cruise, I kinda don't even care where the cruise goes (though an Alaska cruise would be nice) just wanna cruise. A Disney cruise would be really great while I've still got a little one around.

I've actually not really done very much traveling, just visited a few areas around the country and only been to Mexico once (for a 1/2 day trip to Tijuana from San Diego - so I'm not sure that it even counts) and driven through Canada when we moved to Colorado from Alaska.

So, another dream of mine is for my hubby and I to hop on our (non-existent) Harley's and just leisurely cruise the continent.

Since I would say that all three are pretty much out of the question, I would just like to go on a vacation with the kids where we weren't zipping from here to where ever in record time. I would just like to actually see some things in between.

Oh, um, you asked for one ..... sorry :twitcy:

tborntreger
06-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Amy, we have something in common. I too dream about going to Europe with my family including my brothers and sisters. At this point I most want to go to Denmark, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Iceland would be great too. I would also like to go to Italy and if I could go back to Austria, Switzerland and Ireland I would do that too. I've been to Europe twice and visited England, Scotland, Whales, Ireland, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Austria and Germany. Love them all! I've been to Dachau and boy is it life changing. I really want to go to Auschwitz-Birkenau to pay respects. I'm a WWII junkie and LOVE history!

For me Europe is my destination station although the our beautiful country has so much beauty to offer! What can I say...A trip around the world!

where would you go and what would you do? Tell us about your dream vacation, or trip of any kind. I am on vacation with my family right now, so it got me to thinking.

Here's mine: I would take my family on a trip to Europe. We would go to all of the places where famous WWII battles occured, and see all of the things that my father saw when he was there. He was in Germany for most of the time, but took his R&R and went to London and Paris. I would particularly be interested in seeing Dachau and the site of the concentration camp. My father was stationed there after the camp was liberated.

On the other hand, a trip to Hawaii would be awesome, too!!

Tell us yours!

bdjeepers
06-14-2007, 09:38 AM
I would go back to Italy to see more great works of art. I found a new man to love there - David. The Michalangelo statue, of course! My favorite spot, though is Venice. The most romantic ride of my life was in a gondola, going down the Grand Canal at sunset on a perfect night in May. There were musicians accompanying us in other gondolas, playing romantic songs. We were in formal attire, and the Venetians, just home from work, were on their balconies watching and applauding us, calling out "Penguina, penguina!" (I guess DH reminded them of a penguin in his tux!)

Next time around -I'd rent the house that Robert and Elixabeth Barrett Browning owned when they eloped to that beautiful country. It is avaliable....!

I'd go to Paris in the late spring, for more artworks and a lot more romance. (I'm only old, not dead.)

I'd like to go to the Carribean islands, too. After I have my knees fixed, I'd dance the night away to steel drum music! I'd wear a hibiscus blossom in my hair, and shake my booty!

Then there's Hawaii. I have a passion for the tropics and islands and the sea. I would love to sail there as part of a crew on about a 50 footer. With GPS, if you please. I have vowed that I will never see snow again, and I fully intend for that to be reality! I've lived in 10 different states and seen most of the rest, but when it came to choosing where I'd spend my retirement years, well....I'm home, right here in Florida, where I want to be.

Ah, daydreams. Aren't they wonderful?

digiScrapper
06-14-2007, 10:56 AM
DH and I were just talking about this the other night and we both came up with the same place--China. Our dream vacation would include upscale (not necessarily first class) accomodations, tours to all the high profile places like the Great Wall, the terracotta warriers, the palaces, etc. as well as just exploring the country and seeing the scenery. Ideally we'd spend 3-4 weeks. This will NEVER happen, but it's our dream.

twirlyjoy
06-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Mine is to repeat the trip the girls and I took last Easter! We were lucky enough to go to Ontario, Canada and spend a fantastic four weeks with 2 very special friends (who, incidentally, I met on line). We had such a fun, relaxing time - would love to be able to do it all again, but not very likely!!

TraciJ
06-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Scotland! I wanna go! I have roots there, no more family there, but roots nonetheless .. and I'd love to see all the castle ruins .. and lovely scenery that I've read so much about.

Alas, it'll never happen, as I'm petrified of flying, and of drowning .. and there's not a bridge that long :laugh:

saraschlick
06-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I would love to take a LOOONNNGGGG cruise around the Meditterranean Sea. Spend time in Greece, Italy, Spain. Eat great food, take lots of pictures. A close second would be a trip to the Holy Land to walk where Jesus walked.

KattyZak
06-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Dream vacation? That would be my favorite destination...the Caribbean. Love it there.
I would also like to try other European beach communities like the Mediterranean. Any ocean front works for me.