PDA

View Full Version : My Life:My Faith

Precepts and Promises
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
I am terribly excited to be bringing a new faithbooking class to GDS, "My Life: My Faith." I've been mulling over and working on this for some time now, and I am looking forward to documenting what is most important in my life, what is the foundation for my decisions, my hope, my joy.

UPDATE!!! This class is now live and in the store (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&cPath=29_183&products_id=10890)!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/_barbara/gds_pandp_myfaithpv_LRG.jpg

Class will begin on April 2, and it will run for 4 weeks. I will have daily prompts for your journey, encouraging you to reflect on the various ways your faith has impacted your life. When the class is completed, and you have finished your layouts, you will have enough pages to make a meaningful photo book.

Included in the class price will be:
Daily Prompts and Emails
A Dedicated Forum and Gallery
A Template Pack
A Word Art Pack
A Faithbooking Kit

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a personal message or post in the this thread, if you believe that others will benefit, too.

And, please note, that while I am a Christian, this class isn't limited to only those of my faith. I've worked on prompts that will be applicable to different faiths. However, the kit and the word art will most likely reflect my heart.

I'm really looking forward to this new adventure.

Update:
Just a little update, my friends:
I'm hard at work, putting together products for the class. I thought I might give you some ideas to get yourselves ready, too.
This will be a fast-paced 4 weeks, so doing just a few things in preparation will really help you later on.

1) Set up a folder on your hard drive just for the class. You can include sub-folders: for example, for journaling text documents and for any photographs you might want to include.
If you'd like, you can also make and save blank documents, 1-20. I'll be supplying a few templates in 12x12, but of course, you are free to not use them and to make your pages any size of your choosing.

2) If you know you have photographs you'd like to include in your story, gather them now (I'm thinking of baptisms, and influential people in your faith, your church, etc.) You certainly don't have to have photographs, but if you think they might add to your book, it would be good to gather them now.

3) As you reflect on your faith throughout your life, make your notes in text documents and add them to the folder.
I understand that you are working in the dark right now, not knowing the prompts. But, these exercises will begin the process of you meditating on your faith, and that will make it easier when those prompts do come for you to recall events and people. One memory will lead to another...

I would so appreciate your prayers, not only for my preparation, but for yours, too.

britnkaysmemaw2
03-01-2012, 03:52 PM
This sounds wonderful Barbara.....I look forward to hearing more about this.

Amanda
03-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Again, a designer after my own heart!

Precepts and Promises
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks, Amanda and Cathy. :-)

SparkysGirl
03-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm excited about this, Barbara! It's a wonderful idea, and I hope to be able to participate.

cascrappinggirl
03-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Sounds great!

Darlene Currie
03-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Sounds wonderful Barbara - so refreshing!

Precepts and Promises
03-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Woah!!! Could that banner be any bigger??? I'm gonna have to get Debra to resize that!
:laugh:

Debra
03-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Woah!!! Could that banner be any bigger??? I'm gonna have to get Debra to resize that!
:laugh:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Just wanted to make sure it got everyone's attention... :hi:

britnkaysmemaw2
03-01-2012, 07:52 PM
LOL....and it does! I think it looks great!

scrapn4christ
03-01-2012, 08:00 PM
O My Barbara! Sounds awesome!! Journaling my faith ... wow!

Precepts and Promises
03-01-2012, 08:13 PM
:lmao::lmao::lmao: Just wanted to make sure it got everyone's attention... :hi:

LOL! Mission accomplished! Thanks!

Precepts and Promises
03-01-2012, 08:14 PM
O My Barbara! Sounds awesome!! Journaling my faith ... wow!

Super, Tammy! I hope you can join me!

mama4bears
03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Sounds like a wonderful opportunity, can't wait to hear more!

Precepts and Promises
03-02-2012, 10:51 AM
I hope you can join me, Pam!

mama4bears
03-02-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm definitely joining in!:wink:

Precepts and Promises
03-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Yay!!! I'm working on the kit now. :-)

crlin
03-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Love this! Hope to join in!

Precepts and Promises
03-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Love this! Hope to join in!

Super!

anitab
03-04-2012, 07:17 AM
I agree with everyone - this sounds great!!

Precepts and Promises
03-04-2012, 07:54 AM
I agree with everyone - this sounds great!!

I would LOVE to have you join in, Anita!

suslyn
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Well Barbara, this is right up my alley! Don't know if I can squeeze it in!

Question: Will the forum be available after the class ends? i.e., can I get to the prompts etc in August if I purchase the class now?

Thx.

Praying as you lay the course or finish up the work etc. Bless you.

Precepts and Promises
03-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Well Barbara, this is right up my alley! Don't know if I can squeeze it in!

Question: Will the forum be available after the class ends? i.e., can I get to the prompts etc in August if I purchase the class now?

Thx.

Praying as you lay the course or finish up the work etc. Bless you.

Hi, Susan!
I'm thinking that would be quite possible. I've never hosted a class like this, so I'm not sure of all the details. I'll probably be figuring things out on the fly! I am thinking that after the class ends, it might be available as a self-paced workshop, with the prompts in a PDF. I'll be mulling this over, figuring out how best to make it all work.
And, thank you SO MUCH for your prayers! I am indeed working away at making a wonderful kit for you all. My plan is to have it up in the store by mid-February.
I'll be leaving for a visit to the East Coast about then, to attend my two granddaughters' birthday party. So, I want it all wrapped up by then, so I can just be Nana while there. :-)

Debra
03-07-2012, 07:29 AM
I'll be leaving for a visit to the East Coast about then, to attend my two granddaughters' birthday party. So, I want it all wrapped up by then, so I can just be Nana while there. :-)

You're going to be on the East Coast? I'm in Maryland, anywhere close to here? :biggrin:

Precepts and Promises
03-07-2012, 08:03 AM
Oh, a meet-up would be great! But, alas... I'll be in Virginia. :-(

SparkysGirl
03-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Well let me just give ya a little pre-welcome to Virginia! Land of dogwoods, cardinals, and delicious sweet tea! :roses:

Precepts and Promises
03-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Where are you, Lisa? My daughter and her family are in Staunton.

Precepts and Promises
03-08-2012, 07:44 AM
I'm hard at work, putting together products for the class. I thought I might give you some ideas to get yourselves ready, too.
This will be a fast-paced 4 weeks, so doing just a few things in preparation will really help you later on.

1) Set up a folder on your hard drive just for the class. You can include sub-folders: for example, for journaling text documents and for any photographs you might want to include.
If you'd like, you can also make and save blank documents, 1-20. I'll be supplying a few templates in 12x12, but of course, you are free to not use them and to make your pages any size of your choosing.

2) If you know you have photographs you'd like to include in your story, gather them now (I'm thinking of baptisms, and influential people in your faith, your church, etc.) You certainly don't have to have photographs, but if you think they might add to your book, it would be good to gather them now.

3) As you reflect on your faith throughout your life, make your notes in text documents and add them to the folder.
I understand that you are working in the dark right now, not knowing the prompts. But, these exercises will begin the process of you meditating on your faith, and that will make it easier when those prompts do come for you to recall events and people. One memory will lead to another...

I plan to have the class up in the store by the 15th. I would so appreciate your prayers, not only for my preparation, but for yours, too.

creeves01
03-08-2012, 03:31 PM
I am terribly excited to be bringing a new faithbooking class to GDS, "My Life: My Faith." I've been mulling over and working on this for some time now, and I am looking forward to documenting what is most important in my life, what is the foundation for my decisions, my hope, my joy.

Class will begin on April 2, and it will run for 4 weeks. I will have daily prompts for your journey, encouraging you to reflect on the various ways your faith has impacted your life. When the class is completed, and you have finished your layouts, you will have enough pages to make a meaningful photo book.

Daily Prompts and Emails
A Template Pack
A Word Art Pack
A Faithbooking Kit

I'll be posting more information and sneak peeks in the coming weeks before class begins.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a personal message or post in the this thread, if you believe that others will benefit, too.

And, please note, that while I am a Christian, this class isn't limited to only those of my faith. I've worked on prompts that will be applicable to different faiths. However, the kit and the word art will most likely reflect my heart.

Update:

If you'd like, you can also make and save blank documents, 1-20. I'll be supplying a few templates in 12x12 and 8.5x11 sizes, but of course, you are free to not use them and to make your pages any size of your choosing.

I plan to have the class up in the store by the 15th. I would so appreciate your prayers, not only for my preparation, but for yours, too.

How do I join this course.:wink:

Precepts and Promises
03-08-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm so very glad that you want to join!
I'm planning on having the course up in the store by next week, hopefully by the 15th. I'm working hard on having all the kit elements done, so when you purchase the class, you can download everything all at once, rather than having to come back for a download. Keep watching this thread; I'll be sure to have a big announcement when it's all set up! :wink:

britnkaysmemaw2
03-08-2012, 07:10 PM
And we are all anxiously awaiting! :wink:

Precepts and Promises
03-09-2012, 06:31 PM
OK, my friends, I have some previews ready for you! I've had my head down, designing away like a crazed woman, and I'm so pleased with how things are turning out. I've still got the word art and the elements to finish up; be looking here in the next few days.
I hope these please you, too.
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/violetsnana/gds_pandp_myfaith_templatespv_LRG.jpg

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/violetsnana/gds_pandp_myfaith_paperpv_LRG.jpg

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/violetsnana/gds_pandp_myfaith_stampspv_LRG.jpg

http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy161/violetsnana/gds_pandp_myfaithalphapv_LRG.jpg

britnkaysmemaw2
03-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Barbara, these are wonderful! What a wonderful journey of faith this is going to be!

mama4bears
03-09-2012, 08:08 PM
This is going to be so awesome! Can't wait!:wink:

Precepts and Promises
03-09-2012, 08:42 PM
Yay!!! Thanks for the support, ladies!

AnnB
03-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Wow, I just found your site & I'm really liking what I see. This class sounds wonderful! I'm totally interested in it. Thanks for offering it & doing all the work that must be involved in getting it ready.

Precepts and Promises
03-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Wonderful, Anne! I hope you feel very welcome here, and I'd love to have you join this class!

AnnB
03-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Being new here & just learning my way around the site. I do have a question about the My Life; My Faith coming up. I'm anxious to join in this, but would like to have an idea about the expense involved before I get to excited about it. Since I'm on a fixed income I'm hoping that it isn't one of those things that costs a ton of $$$. There have been things that I'd enjoy doing on other sites, but just couldn't afford their cost. Looking at the prices in the store, I'm thinking this may well be an affordable site to be involved in. :) But I didn't see anything that looked like this.
Thanks for your help. Have a beautiful day!

mama4bears
03-10-2012, 07:46 AM
Wow, I just found your site & I'm really liking what I see. This class sounds wonderful! I'm totally interested in it. Thanks for offering it & doing all the work that must be involved in getting it ready.

Welcome to GDS! I hope you will join in on our challenges. Everyone here is so friendly and all you have to do is ask if you have any questions. I'm glad you are here!
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee269/mama4bears/EXTRAS/196.gif

Precepts and Promises
03-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Being new here & just learning my way around the site. I do have a question about the My Life; My Faith coming up. I'm anxious to join in this, but would like to have an idea about the expense involved before I get to excited about it. Since I'm on a fixed income I'm hoping that it isn't one of those things that costs a ton of $$$. There have been things that I'd enjoy doing on other sites, but just couldn't afford their cost. Looking at the prices in the store, I'm thinking this may well be an affordable site to be involved in. :) But I didn't see anything that looked like this.
Thanks for your help. Have a beautiful day!

Thank you so much for your interest, Anne!
With this economy, I think there are quite a few of us with less discretionary income these days. I'm very much aware of that (being on furlough from my "real" job), and I do strive to keep my products affordable, but with value for the cost.
After some consideration, I've decided to post the price of $25. For that you will receive:
4 templates
24 papers
12 digital stamps
an upper case alpha
at least 35 elements (I'm not sure I'm done yet!)
and a word art pack.
In addition, there will be a dedicated forum and gallery, and daily prompts and emails from me to guide you through the process of creating your book.
When you finish, you will have beautiful pages documenting your faith, enough to make a memory book to treasure.
I hope this information was helpful to you!

AnnB
03-10-2012, 10:15 AM
Thank you so much for your interest, Anne!
With this economy, I think there are quite a few of us with less discretionary income these days. I'm very much aware of that (being on furlough from my "real" job), and I do strive to keep my products affordable, but with value for the cost.
After some consideration, I've decided to post the price of $25. For that you will receive:
4 templates
24 papers
12 digital stamps
an upper case alpha
at least 35 elements (I'm not sure I'm done yet!)
and a word art pack.
In addition, there will be a dedicated forum and gallery, and daily prompts and emails from me to guide you through the process of creating your book.
When you finish, you will have beautiful pages documenting your faith, enough to make a memory book to treasure.
I hope this information was helpful to you!

This is totally doable! Count me in, looking forward to this as a treasured experience. I'll be watching for the sign up next week. :wink:

Precepts and Promises
03-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Wondeerful!

tamhanley
03-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Barbara, I'm very excited that you have put this together. Perfect timing... I just sold something on Amazon and it'll just cover the cost of the class! *woot

Precepts and Promises
03-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Barbara, I'm very excited that you have put this together. Perfect timing... I just sold something on Amazon and it'll just cover the cost of the class! *woot

I'm honored!

Precepts and Promises
03-19-2012, 06:58 AM
I'm having a wonderful time with my grandgirls, but all good things must end. I'm coming home tomorrow and will get back to work, so if you've enrolled in My Life: My Faith, look for a welcome email soon!

Precepts and Promises
03-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Well, I am home, but very much under the weather. I ask for you patience as I slowly get back up to speed. I won't bore you with the details... :-/
But, I'm looking forward to our class together! Thank you SO MUCH to those of you who have honored me by signing up; I truly pray that this class will bless your soul!

mama4bears
03-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Take care, we will still be here when you get to feeling better!

Precepts and Promises
03-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Ugghhh... I am still down for the count, ladies. I'm chomping at the bit to get going with the forum, welcome letters, etc, but I'm simply too sick and not thinking clearly. Thank you for your patience!

britnkaysmemaw2
03-22-2012, 04:22 PM
So sorry you are not feeling well Barbara. Take care of yourself. We will all be here when you do!

glonet
03-30-2012, 01:07 PM
This sounds wonderful and something I am very interested. However a good part of April is not doable. I hope you will repeat this later! Do you plan to have a gallery and also add scripture wordart(either as part of this or a separate challenge).
Gloria

LindaHolden
03-30-2012, 01:48 PM
Hi Barbara,
I really want to take your class but can't do it right now.
I hope you will have it again later.

Precepts and Promises
03-30-2012, 03:55 PM
This sounds wonderful and something I am very interested. However a good part of April is not doable. I hope you will repeat this later! Do you plan to have a gallery and also add scripture wordart(either as part of this or a separate challenge).
Gloria

Hi Gloria!
I'm thinking of having the class available as a self-paced class, but I'm not sure when. And, yes, the participants will have access to both a forum and gallery. I have word art included in the class materials as well. Keep watch in my store after April!

Precepts and Promises
03-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi Barbara,
I really want to take your class but can't do it right now.
I hope you will have it again later.

I'd love to have you join in when you can, Linda!

Amanda
03-30-2012, 06:03 PM
So, are you excited yet, Barbara?? :wub1:

Precepts and Promises
03-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Is it not evident?!?!?! :laugh:

crlin
03-30-2012, 06:37 PM
I am going to have to wait also :( Just so busy right now!

Precepts and Promises
03-31-2012, 06:26 AM
I am going to have to wait also :( Just so busy right now!

I understand, Carolyn!

Precepts and Promises
03-31-2012, 08:08 AM
All of you who are registered for the class should have access to the forum thread in the classes section, titled (appropriately enough) "My Life: My Faith." If you don't, please let me know!

mama4bears
03-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Oh no, it's not there! :no:

SparkysGirl
03-31-2012, 10:44 AM
It's not there for me either!

britnkaysmemaw2
03-31-2012, 12:34 PM
:no: I don't see it either. Are they going to be listed under Classes?

Amanda
03-31-2012, 12:57 PM
It might not be activated until the actual opening of the class..?

Precepts and Promises
03-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Debra said it would be up by the end of the week. I'm sure she's busy, but I'll send a little reminder. Thanks for letting me know!

Precepts and Promises
04-01-2012, 03:28 PM
OK, it's open!!! And, our gallery (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=1225), too!
Tammy Lovell and Tammy Hanley, there might be a delay for you ladies, but we're working on it!

creeves01
04-01-2012, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=LindaHolden;239763]Hi How do I join in?
Charlene

Precepts and Promises
04-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Hi Charlene!
You join this class by purchasing this product (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&cPath=29_183&products_id=10890) from my store.
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/_barbara/gds_pandp_myfaithpv_LRG.jpg
And then, once I have your email address and user name, I can arrange for your access to our private class forum and gallery.
I hope to see you joining us soon!

creeves01
04-19-2012, 04:44 PM
There are no more kits in store.:lmao:

UPDATE!!! This class is now live and in the store (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&cPath=29_183&products_id=10890)!

Daily Prompts and Emails
A Template Pack
A Word Art Pack
A Faithbooking Kit

Update:

I would so appreciate your prayers, not only for my preparation, but for yours, too.

Precepts and Promises
04-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Charlene, I've sent you a PM with the details. :love-smiley-011:

Digi-Scrap
08-03-2012, 05:46 AM
It says it isn't there (?), what, did it get pulled off the shelf per say, just to make my day (not): I just found this via the newsletter, so what is up?

Gem
08-03-2012, 08:23 AM
Try this link:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/my-life-my-faith-selfpaced-workshop-p-11101.html

It says it isn't there (?), what, did it get pulled off the shelf per say, just to make my day (not): I just found this via the newsletter, so what is up?

Precepts and Promises
08-03-2012, 10:19 AM
The workshop is still on the shelf! Try this link:http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/my-life-my-faith-selfpaced-workshop-p-11101.html

Thank you!