PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for another speed scrap???

Precepts and Promises
02-21-2012, 08:32 AM
Get your computer ready for a super-fast, super-fun, and super-efficient speed scrap, this coming Monday, February 27, at 4PM PST or 7EST.
I'll give you a head's up with your photos so you can concentrate on the scrapping!
Everyone who participates will receive a coupon to my store, and one fortunate participant will receive a $5 gift certificate.
So, keep watching this thread!

Debra
02-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Yaay! Love speed scraps!

britnkaysmemaw2
02-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Yeah....I should be able to make this one! Marking my calendar now!

britnkaysmemaw2
02-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Hope you don't mind, but I added it to the GDS Calendar so I could set a reminder for the event! :wink:

Precepts and Promises
02-21-2012, 09:38 AM
No, not at all,Cathy! I always forget to do that...

donakat
02-21-2012, 11:37 AM
I will be there, too!

Precepts and Promises
02-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Woo-hoo!

scrapn4christ
02-21-2012, 12:16 PM
KEWL :biggrin: .... PLAN TO BE THERE!!

Precepts and Promises
02-21-2012, 12:48 PM
KEWL :biggrin: .... PLAN TO BE THERE!!

Yay! Should be a fun group!

elenasworld
02-21-2012, 01:59 PM
sounds awesome!

Precepts and Promises
02-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Super, Liz! Hope to see you there!

SlidingKat
02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
put it on my calendar

Precepts and Promises
02-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Great Katie!

I'm giving you all a head start for Monday's speed scrap. You will need 4 photos (possibly 5, depending on one of your choices!). It could be of one event, or it could be a theme. It's up to you.
So, find them, and edit them, and you'll be in good stead for Monday!

Precepts and Promises
02-25-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm giving this a little bump!
:bump:
Just a reminder to have 4-5 photos already picked out and edited for color, exposure, etc. I think this will save a lot of time.
And, if you'd like you can also write out your journaling, too. Save it in a note pad or word processor file, and then you can just copy and paste.
I read once that journaling and scrapping use different sides of our brains. Jouranling is more a right-brained activity, while scrapping is more art like and left-brained. Trying to do them both at the same time, as in a speed scrap, is just too much and we can get rather scrambled. Especially if we're chatting and posting, too!
See you Monday at 4PM PST, 7PM EST.

orangeinheaven@gmail.com
02-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Hope you don't mind, but I added it to the GDS Calendar so I could set a reminder for the event! :wink:

How do I access the GDS calendar to get reminders? That would be awesome since I don't have much room for sticky notes on my laptop screen. I'd love to remember to join the speed scrap.

Many Blessings, Deborah/JoyfullyOrange

georgedinah
02-25-2012, 11:54 AM
I am excited to try! I've never done one!!!
HUGS
Dinah

Precepts and Promises
02-26-2012, 05:21 PM
How do I access the GDS calendar to get reminders? That would be awesome since I don't have much room for sticky notes on my laptop screen. I'd love to remember to join the speed scrap.

I'm not sure how to do that! I'm hoping that Cathy will pop in here; she knows just about everything... :-)

Precepts and Promises
02-26-2012, 05:22 PM
I am excited to try! I've never done one!!!
HUGS
Dinah

Super! I'd love to have you join us! Be sure to have your photos all picked out before hand, as we move pretty quickly. Ten minutes between prompts will go by very, very quickly!

Precepts and Promises
02-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Bumping again, just to remind you all that our speed scrap is tomorrow, Monday, at 4PM PST. Be sure to have your photos picked out and edited beforehand, and you might also want to type out your journaling,too. That hour goes by quickly!

cascrappinggirl
02-26-2012, 05:48 PM
Got it on my calendar :)

donakat
02-26-2012, 07:28 PM

Deborah, you need to go to the GDS calendar (third button on the green bar at the very top of the forum page), find the event you're interested in, and click on it. In the resulting window, you see the event and the host's link to the forum page. Click on "Request Reminder for this Event" on the right side of the post. Then use the drop menu for the amount of time before the event and then click "Add Reminder." You will be sent a reminder through your email that is part of your profile.

See you there!

cascrappinggirl
02-26-2012, 08:11 PM
I love the calendar option :)

Precepts and Promises
02-27-2012, 07:57 AM
Wow! I didn't know you could do that!!! Thanks, Dona!

Amanda
02-27-2012, 08:58 AM
Hey! THIS one I think I can make! Wheee!

SparkysGirl
02-27-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm hoping to be here for the SS tonight! :gogo:

cascrappinggirl
02-27-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up. 4 photos - that's a tough one (NOT) LOL

See you tonight :)

Heike

Great Katie!

I'm giving you all a head start for Monday's speed scrap. You will need 4 photos (possibly 5, depending on one of your choices!). It could be of one event, or it could be a theme. It's up to you.
So, find them, and edit them, and you'll be in good stead for Monday!

cascrappinggirl
02-27-2012, 11:21 AM
Will work on my LO as much as I can, sadly I have to pick my children up from school at 5 pm, so will have to finish my LO when I come back :) ..... hope that will still could for the Scrappin' 7 challenge :)

Bumping again, just to remind you all that our speed scrap is tomorrow, Monday, at 4PM PST. Be sure to have your photos picked out and edited beforehand, and you might also want to type out your journaling,too. That hour goes by quickly!