PDA

View Full Version : Musical Toot!!

twirlyjoy
06-09-2007, 10:12 AM
I just have to share this awesome toot for my girls!!! They both play the violin - Alice (9) has been playing since last September and Emi (10) started playing in April this year. Today, they were invited by their violin teacher to attend a 'fun day' for PASSO which is "Petersfield Area Schools String Orchestra" - which has a pretty wide catchment area including quite a few schools and has about 30 selected members. They have also won lots of awards - coming first in the South of England Music festival. The kids got to watch the orchestra rehearse and they also had an entertainer, and it finished with a concert. At the end of the day, their teacher came up to us and invited them both to join the orchestra as of September!!!! It is such a privilege and of course, they didn't need to be asked twice - they both immediately said yes!! Needless to say, I am so excited and just had to tell you all!!!

ABitDaffy
06-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Joy, that's awesome! Tell them I said congratulations from the other side of the pond!

Love4Scrap
06-09-2007, 10:33 AM
This News Is Awesome!!!!! Tell Them Way To Go!!!!! Congradulations To Them Both!!!! This Is A Major Deal For The 2 Of Them!!! And I Know That They Will Be Better Than Great!` Give Them Hugs Fom Us All !` We Look Forward To Hearing About Thier "musical Toots" !!!! God Bless You And Them !~ On Such A Wonderful Thing!!!!

Lainey
06-09-2007, 03:17 PM
How fabulous! Congratulations to your budding musicians. I know how proud you must be! WTG girls!

ckbymommy
06-10-2007, 06:03 AM
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/ckbymommy/congrats/woohoo.gif

My daughter would have loved an opportunity like that. Unfortunately, the youth orchestra here is so expensive that there is not way we could ever afford it.

twirlyjoy
06-10-2007, 06:34 AM
My daughter would have loved an opportunity like that. Unfortunately, the youth orchestra here is so expensive that there is not way we could ever afford it.

That is such a shame - we are lucky enough to have the orchestra funded by the Hamphire County Music Service, so we don't have to pay anything for it - otherwise, that would have been an issue for us too.

KattyZak
06-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Wow, what an honor. So cool. Tell them congrats!

Helen
06-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

bdjeepers
06-10-2007, 11:35 AM
What a fabulous honor! WTG, Alice and Emi! http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s179/momospace/yahoo.gif