PDA

View Full Version : Me again - Another Software Question...

shellylue
06-08-2007, 09:30 AM
Hi all! I have been playing around with PSP XI and I am slowly learning it, but my question is about Adobe Photoshop. For those of you who use this program, do you prefer Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? I found a site that I can purchase Photoshop Elements 5.0 (CD only) for $34.00 and if it is a good program, I would like to purchase that (I see that you can only use the Atomic cupcake actions with PS or PSE).

Any help that any of you can spare would be greatly appreciated. I am learning and want to purchase a program that has a wide variety of uses.

Thanks!

Michelle

tborntreger
06-08-2007, 09:36 AM
I have both PSE3, PSE5, and PSCS2. CS2 is the ulitimate powerhouse but I have found myslef only using PSE5 for months now...Since I got the program I haven't used CS2 b/c PSE 5 is just so easy for me. Don't know if this helps. Hey, would you mind sharing the link that you found PSE5 for 34.00?

Thanks,
Theresa

shellylue
06-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Theresa -

Thanks for the feedback. This site also has PSP XI for $34.00 also. I don't mind sharing the link, here it is...

http://www.clickcooldeals.com/show_category.php?category_id=9&gclid=CMPZuaKtoIwCFRE9VAodpmsS6g

I have another site where they have PSP X on sale for $25.89 right now...http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/Catalog_Type.asp?ProductCode=36496&ai=2733

Hope these help!

Michelle

tborntreger
06-08-2007, 09:43 AM
Michelle thanks for the links. I think many will find this to be helpful!

ckbymommy
06-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Michelle,

I don't think I can be of much help, since I have never used elements (but have CS and have had earlier versions of photoshop as well). It is my understanding that elements has most of the features of cs, and only missing things that a average user probably wouldn't have much use for.

I also haven't used PSP in several years, and don't really remember much about it, but recently went to a friends house to teach her how to add a touch of color to desaturated photos and she has PSP, I found it much harder to use, and that there were definately some freatures of photoshop that I am used to using that weren't available in PSP.

Finally - $30 or even $34 is a great deal, as long as you are going to find it useful. To make sure, you might want to download the free trial of elements from adobe and try it out before purchasing.

tborntreger
06-08-2007, 09:48 AM
I have found that PSE has a lot of the same features that CS2 has and is for me easier to navigate. I think it's perfect for scrapbookers b/c so many of the features are easy to use. Another thing I like about it is that when you have numerous files open you can see everything you have open b/c there is a thumbnail strip at the bottom. I agree with Melanine you may want to download the trial version but I do think that 34 bucks is a steal!

okblues
06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
For scrapping, PSE is great. I also use PSP XI, but I find that it crashes easier & can be a bit more difficult to work in with large files.

HollyS
06-08-2007, 02:14 PM
I learned that PSE can do text on a curve but regular photoshop can....not sure if that matters to ya :) Those are great prices!

twirlyjoy
06-09-2007, 12:24 AM
If you are talking about using PSE instead of PSP, then there is not much difference in what they can/can't do - they are very similar programmes. However PSCS is what is considered the 'professional' programme and does an awful lot more (although you might not want all of the functions it has) - hence the massive price tag