PDA

View Full Version : Misc. Chatter for JANUARY

Jazz2000
01-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Sorry if I'm been MIA lately. No, it's not b/c I didn't make the CT, it's due to health problems.

First my dh came down w/pneumonia. He was very sick & is still recovering - it's been about 6 wks. So all of Dec, I had someone to take care of, in addition to do all the Christmas shopping, wrapping, attending all the Christmas concerts, paegants, and parties. I started to feel run down.

Also, my kids were getting sick; fortunately, only w/bad colds. But it seemed like one was sick one wk, then another got sick the next week.

then, the day after Christmas, I was admitted to the hospital w/kidney stones. They were too big & I had have to surgery to remove them.

I thought I'd be better after the surgery, but the stent & trauma from the surgery kept me in pain. I thought I would feel better once I got the stent removed, but again I was WRONG!!!

The stent removal was a painful process & the antibiotics they gave me to prevent infection is too strong for my system. I have secondary colitis. I never realized how horrible it really was. Maybe it's payback for not be sympathetic enough when others had it.

So, I'm on more pain meds & bland diet.

I hope everyone else's January is going better. I missed you all.:balloons:

Precepts and Promises
01-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry! Just rest up and feel better, soon!

britnkaysmemaw2
01-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Oh Angi....so sorry to hear that you have been through all of this!

I can feel your pain with the kidney stones! I have been there and gone through very similar circumstances to you. I think it was the worst pain I have ever had and seemed to last for months for me.

Hope you recover quickly and are back to scrap therapy quickly!

Cathy

wanda
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
oh my - what a lot of burdens to bear! Glad you are on the mend, though.

agarzaldynrd
01-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Oh my!!! That does not sound good. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way!

Darlene Currie
01-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Doesn't it seem when the good Lord wants to test you, he throws things at you all at once. So sorry to hear you've had such a rough go of it, especially around Christmas. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery and you can put this all behind you. Hugs and prayers to you.

Amanda
01-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Angi- I think you have finally turned the bend! :D

donakat
01-16-2012, 11:09 PM
With all that you've had going on, it's no wonder you were'nt around the site or scrapping. Hope you can manage a bit of it now that you're better, and hope that you continue on that road to good health.

Claudio
01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
hope all is better :)