PDA

View Full Version : I'm Bummed!!

Babette
06-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Well, I was supposed to get my new Nikon D80 today .... but, it turns out that the camera shops here don't keep any in stock!!! So, I had to order everything and (fingers crossed) should be in by Saturday - Monday at latest! So now I'm being a big ole whiny baby .... I want my camera!!!!

*sigh* .... dh pointed out that my birthday wasn't until the 13th anyway ... didn't really make me feel better at all!! LOL

Rebecca
06-06-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh hun *hugs* I hate waiting! To have it delayed is worse! I ordered my 30D online with overnight and I was still jumping outta my skin waiting for it!

TraciJ
06-06-2007, 12:35 PM
Oh Babette .. I know how much you were looking forward to getting that!! He could have at least gone for overnight delivery for you, now couldn't he?? :laugh:

ABitDaffy
06-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Babette,

I feel your pain! I remember waiting for my XT to come and the time just seemed to creep by! I hope it passes for you quickly and I can't wait to see your new pictures - they'll be awesome, I know!

Babette
06-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I wanted to order online .... DH said he didn't "trust" it ..... LOL
Is it Saturday yet??

Babette
06-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Well it's store to store transfers and such nonsense - DH feels that dealing with "pro's" will be better in the long run ... I just heard i'm getting all sorts of freebies cuz I'm upset ... lol

Babette
06-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Yes, it feels likes it's months away now!! How are you liking the XT??

ABitDaffy
06-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Let's just say my XT is a little over a year old and at last count I'd taken almost 10,000 pictures. I love, love, love it! Is this your first DSLR - if it is, you'll just be blown away. I've heard wonderful things about the Nikon!

Babette
06-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Yes, this will be my first - currently I have a sony p-150, which for a point and shoot has a lot of manual commands and does take a very good picture (has really good glass - Zeiss). DH, however, is spoiling me! I did TONS of research before choosing the D80 ... so i really can't wait to be blown away!

tborntreger
06-06-2007, 01:46 PM
Babette you are going to LOVE the D80. I have the D40 which is lesser than the D80 but I absolutely LOVE my camera. I ordered mine online through J&R and had such great luck with them that a friend got the same camera from them. I hope it comes soon!!!

HollyS
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Oh hang in there..it's almost saturday! I just got a D40 and absolutely love it! I got the extra lens 55-200mm and keep that on mostly so i can get the real close ups!

Have fun with it!

tborntreger
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Holly, We have matching cameras...How's that lens? I have the 18-135. I think I'll keep that for now. My next lens when I can afford it will be the 105 macro! It will be like a new born child to me. Ahh the days of having all these tools at my fingertips, the darkroom and all the goodies in the Photography labs at the university....okay I'm done daydreaming about the past. LOL

Babette
06-06-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm so glad you like it! I thought about ordering thru them as well ... but you know how that goes ... you gotta place "nice" sometimes! LOL However, after this ... i'll order from them for accessories and such! (gee, i'm already planning and don't have the camera yet!!)

Babette
06-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I'm getting the 18-135 .... and i'm on back order (6 months waiting list apparently) for the 18-200 VR ..... next lense will definitely be a micro!! But yeah, i love close up/portraits .... i'm glad to hear that you love it!!

wildstorm
06-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I work in a camera shop and see all the great cameras come in and get to play with them but can't afford any of them. how sad is that. You will love the d80 and it will be worth the wait.

Babette
06-06-2007, 04:07 PM
Wow ... i don't think I could handle that! Can you borrow one??? LOL I'm sure I will love it ... been waiting a LONG time to have one!!!

wildstorm
06-06-2007, 10:46 PM
It is hard at times to sell all these wonderful cameras to people knowing you can't get your hands on one for your self, but then I sell them to some wonderful young families who are going to be able to take some beautiful photos that will last . Wish they (the camers) lol were around when mine kids were little. Mine are boys 29 & 27 and girls 24 & 21. All have left home. Have 4 grand kids girls age 10,6 & 4 and a boy age 5. But dont see them much as they live a few hours from me. Can't wait to see how creative you can get with your camera.

okblues
06-06-2007, 11:50 PM
Getting closer to Saturday! Waiting can be so frustrating, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Congrats on your new camera!

Babette
06-07-2007, 04:49 AM
Awww ... you're so sweet! Yes, I always think about how expensive it was before digital - the film, the processing - it really is so much easier for people now to record their memories. And thanks, I can't wait to see what I create as well! *thinking* is it saturday yet????

Babette
06-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Getting closer to Saturday! Waiting can be so frustrating, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Congrats on your new camera!
OH yes, it is so frustrating to have to wait!!! I swear, sometimes I think I'm acting like a child - no patience!! Thanks - can't wait to start using it ... I've got all sorts of days trips planned already!