PDA

View Full Version : Templates...again

KattyZak
06-06-2007, 07:24 AM
I've been gathering quite a few templates because that seems easiest for me right now.
But how do I organize them? I have a separate file but a lot of them I can't view unless I open PSE...kwim? Any thoughts or ideas?
Thanks.

HollyS
06-06-2007, 07:29 AM
I know that ACDSee allows you to view them in their manager.

twirlyjoy
06-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Most of the templates I have got have a preview in jpeg form which is viewable in windows explorer - for those which came without the preview, I have created the preview myself to enable me to view them all in that way

KattyZak
06-06-2007, 08:15 AM
How do you make a preview or is that over my head being a challenged newbie and all?

Andrea
06-06-2007, 08:26 AM
If you search on google, you can find out how to add some registry changes that will allow you to view the PSD thumbnails in Windows Explorer. I had to add two dll files to and adobe shell folder on my computer and then run two registry change files. It was super easy and it works great!

TraciJ
06-06-2007, 08:47 AM
OH Andrea!!! I could HUG you!! LOL .... That's the best thing that's happened to me in ages! Gotta Love it!

yvonnew
06-06-2007, 09:07 AM
How do you make a preview or is that over my head being a challenged newbie and all?

It is real easy to make a preview - Open up the template in PSE and then save it as a JPEG. And walaa

bdjeepers
06-06-2007, 10:45 AM
Andrea - you are the empress of information. I will do that.

bdjeepers
06-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I did that! It works! I found a site has 2 files in rar format. One is Adobe dot reg, and the dll is psicon dot dll.....

I found that the dll is available in a lot of locations. Instructions come with the files. Copy the dll to the Adobe folder, and double-click the dot reg. It'll make the registry changes for you. Two easy steps. Thank you so much, Andrea!

Holly, if you allow, I can attach the files for download here. (Another Andrea save - she really is the empress of information!) Maybe you'd like to check them out first?

KattyZak
06-07-2007, 10:11 AM
A lot of this sounds Greek to me. Links might help.
I am glad I am not the only one swimming deep in templates that contain the unknown.
I think I need template #68 but not sure if it was a freebie or not....off to check.

Andrea
06-07-2007, 10:19 AM
You need to make sure and get the one that has 4 files or you will have problems later. I started out with just the two files and was seeing black icons a week later. The are two aiicon.dll files and two psiicon.dll files. That's two dll files and two registry change files. The zip that I have with all files is called aiicon.zip and I don't remember where I got it. You can search for it on google. I'm not going to attach it because I can't be responsible if it toasts your registry and neither can GDS, but I haven't had any problems with it on my XP machine.

I am Glad this is helping! :wink: