PDA

View Full Version : Glitters & Gels

criostirado
12-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Ok..Im new at this...sooo I keep seeing the glitters and gels that are in alot of the bundles...what do you do with them? what are they for??

donakat
12-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Glitter styles and gel styles can be applied to elements to completely change their look. For example, you might just have a simple frame made of a rectangle with center cut out. You can then apply the style and it turns into an element matching the kit's color and style. Or apply a gel style to a simple circle shape, and you have an instant matching brad/button, great for using as an accent. Use a splat brush and add a glitter style to make a lovely background for a cluster.

Experiment with the styles and you'll love using them. Sometimes you have to tweak them to fit the particular element and your layout. If you have Photoshop, it's easy to install the styles. With Elements, a bit harder. PSP I don't know about. There are some explanations on installing styles on our forum, so do a search for them. If all else fails, check the online help or Google for a tut. If you want to know how to install a style in Photoshop, just ask. I can tell you how. Others know how Elements and PSP works. Someone will be able to help with your situation.

criostirado
12-04-2011, 03:39 AM
Glitter styles and gel styles can be applied to elements to completely change their look. For example, you might just have a simple frame made of a rectangle with center cut out. You can then apply the style and it turns into an element matching the kit's color and style. Or apply a gel style to a simple circle shape, and you have an instant matching brad/button, great for using as an accent. Use a splat brush and add a glitter style to make a lovely background for a cluster.

Experiment with the styles and you'll love using them. Sometimes you have to tweak them to fit the particular element and your layout. If you have Photoshop, it's easy to install the styles. With Elements, a bit harder. PSP I don't know about. There are some explanations on installing styles on our forum, so do a search for them. If all else fails, check the online help or Google for a tut. If you want to know how to install a style in Photoshop, just ask. I can tell you how. Others know how Elements and PSP works. Someone will be able to help with your situation.

Thank you for explaining!!! I have a ton of them but they are just sitting there because I had no idea what to do with them!!! YAY!! something new to play with and learn about!! Thank you so much!

Amanda
12-08-2011, 12:46 PM
Thank you for explaining!!! I have a ton of them but they are just sitting there because I had no idea what to do with them!!! YAY!! something new to play with and learn about!! Thank you so much!

UH-OH!!!! Look out, GDS- Christina is going to cover us all in glitter, head to toe!!!http://ficdn.fashionindie.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/SpilledGlitter_1281733645.jpg

http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss35/artfulpioneer/My%20smileys/Smiley-big_rofl-2.gif

Styles are the best!!! And actions...and filters, and brushes, and shapes, and ...oh yea, CHOCOLATE goes with all of them!!

criostirado
12-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Hahah! you have that right!! there is NO such thing as too much glitter!!!! When I make regular paper stuff...I TRY to abstain from the glitter....but it just doesnt look complete without it!!! lol

Precepts and Promises
12-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I adore digital glitter! Not too much of a fan in the real world, though...

elenasworld
12-08-2011, 06:24 PM
My daughter adores glitter. She gets it everywhere. It doesn't bother me so much because my husband thinks all the glitter is from her, and not from my projects! The best is when he has glitter on his face or in his hair. Sometimes we wait a while to tell him :) lol

criostirado
12-08-2011, 07:06 PM
My daughter adores glitter. She gets it everywhere. It doesn't bother me so much because my husband thinks all the glitter is from her, and not from my projects! The best is when he has glitter on his face or in his hair. Sometimes we wait a while to tell him :) lol

My husband has gone to work before with glitter on his face and in his hair! LOL!!!!