PDA

View Full Version : Opinions needed!

alfenner
06-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I figured with a title like that who could resist? hehe

I'm designing the songbook cover for our church and I need some constructive criticism........I don't know if something is really off or if I've just been looking at it too long! hehe.........thanks so much!

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c206/fennerfamily/websongbookcover3.jpg

I should add that these will be printed on white vinyl type stuff, so I have to keep the bg white........thanks!

Debra
06-04-2007, 01:01 PM
I like it (really alot!) .. might be better with a gold cup though...

ABitDaffy
06-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Amy, it's awesome! I agree with Debra - I was thinking maybe a black cup trimmed in red, but I think the gold would be great. I know you probably want to keep the red because of the blood imagery, but could you get a hint of it in there without coloring it red completely? You did an incredible job!

amyleigh1204
06-04-2007, 01:15 PM
Amy-- I personally love the red cup. Methodist? Isn't the symbol a red cup for the blood of Christ?

alfenner
06-04-2007, 01:43 PM
The cup has to stay red, the red chalice is a symbol of our denomination (First Christian Church, Disciples of Christ). Thank you for your input!

sillyleann
06-04-2007, 01:54 PM
First, let me say that I LOVE IT!

But, I will do my best to give my take. I think the "issue" I have with it is the notes. I cannot put my finger on it. Have you tried adding or subtracting a few. That is where the balance is off to me. If you never changed a thing, it would still be fantastic! CC is hard for me to receive so it is hard to give. :)

brandiwest
06-04-2007, 02:07 PM
LOVE it!!!

KattyZak
06-05-2007, 08:07 AM
I also think its wonderful. Really love the fonts and text!

If I were to CC, I'd be with Sillylean, the notes. I am wondering if you took some out to make it look like they are coming out of the cup..kwim? This would free up some room and you could move text up and add the name of church and/or choir's name on the lower right.

emst
06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
I think that you did a great job on this. I copied and pasted this into my pictures folder so I could get a full view of it and what I would change is the number of silver notes and I think the drop shadow on the notes on the right are a little too strong, I would use a lighter shadow there like you did with the ones coming out of the cup.

alfenner
06-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Thanks all for your help! I did make some changes (took out about half of the notes and adjusted the scripture a bit). What do you think now? My whole thoughts with the different drop shadows was to not only make it look like the notes were spilling out of the cup, but also like they were coming up.......does that make sense?

emst
06-05-2007, 08:46 AM
It does make sense about the drop shadows, I like this a lot better with less notes and I like how you adjusted the scripture so it's together but stepping down to Glorious. I'm sure the members of your church will be delighted with this.

CrayonQueen
06-05-2007, 09:06 AM
I agree with Elaine, try making the drop shadow just a bit lighter on the notes to the right hand side....also, what if you changed the size of the notes? Perhaps making the notes that are just coming out of the cup small, and the further away that they get, the larger they become? Just a thought.....otherwise I think you did a great job!!:D

ETA nevermind, I just saw that you already made changes.....lol I also like it better with less notes

hystrix21
06-05-2007, 05:05 PM
wow that's beautiful!! I can't offer any cristisim because I think its beautiful!