PDA

View Full Version : A Hero's Thank You - we need your help!

HollyS
06-03-2007, 03:01 PM
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/images/a_heros_thanks.jpg

goDigitalScrapbooking.com wants to give back to all those mentioned as well as honor those that have fallen!

First, what we need from you and anyone you know is to gather email addresses of military servicemen and servicewoman. You'll need to get permission from their families to give us the email address. Just send an email to charity@godigitalscrapbooking.com and include any email addresses that we are authorized to email to.

Second, if you can create a layout using any GDS product that gives thanks in a personal nature and post it in our gallery, then a layout will be emailed to each email address we receive. A special gallery will be created to collect these layouts. Please size the layouts at 600x600 so that they can easily be read when received by email.

Deadline for both is Sunday, June 27th. GDS will then assemble all and send the emails starting the weekend of July 1st in accordance with the 4th of July Holiday.

If you're not sure whether you want to help us....please just take a look at this video (http://www.youtube.com/p.swf?video_id=j7ixC-LYDGc&eurl=&iurl=http%3A//img.youtube.com/vi/j7ixC-LYDGc/2.jpg&t=OEgsToPDskLlEqtqS7vtmGPXYQmd3MKG) and read the lyrics to this song...

I'm Already Home
by Tim McGraw

If youíre reading this and my mommas sitting there
Looks like I only got a one way ticket over here
Sure wish I could give you one more kiss
And war was just a game we played when we were kids

Well Iím laying down my gun; Iím hanging up my boots
Iím up here with God and were both watchiní over you

So lay me down, in that open field out on the edge of town
I know my soul is where my momma always prayed that it would go
But if youíre reading this, Iím already home

If youíre reading this, half way around the world
I wonít be there to see the birth of our little girl
I hope she looks like you; I hope she fights like me
And stands up for the innocent and the weak

Iím laying down my gun; Iím hanging up my boots
Tell dad I donít regret; that I followed in his shoes

So lay me down, in that open field on the edge of town
If youíre reading this, Iím already home

If youíre reading this, thereís gonna come a day
That youíll move on and find someone else, and thatís ok
Just remember this; Iím in a better place
Soldiers live in peace and angels sing amazing grace

So lay me down, in that open field on the edge of town
If youíre reading this, If youíre reading this, Iím already home

Helen
06-03-2007, 03:11 PM
What an awesome idea!

:roses:

TraciJ
06-03-2007, 03:17 PM
*crying buckets*
These lyrics are incredible!
I only wish that I knew someone in the military ... or had something patriotic from here to be able to send off!!
Patriotism is such a BIG thing for me! I love my country!

HollyS
06-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Even if you don't know someone, it would be great to do a layout because we could get many email addresses!!!

HollyS
06-03-2007, 03:24 PM
Oh and let me tell you...we were finalizing this charity announcement and took a break to watch some of the performances from a taping of the ACM awards. Both Debra and I were like "oh my gosh!!!" with tears on our eyes too....very coincidental!

KattyZak
06-03-2007, 04:36 PM
I think I will be able to do this. Know of a family near hear that had a fallen soldier this past winter.

bdjeepers
06-03-2007, 04:49 PM
I know I can help. I'll get right on it. Holly, I've sent you an email. It would be nice to send layouts to patients in the military hospitals here and overseas, too.

amyleigh1204
06-03-2007, 05:42 PM
I think this is awesome, and will definitely be contributing!

HollyS
06-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Barbara, thanks for the info...is extremely helpful!

CavMom
06-04-2007, 04:26 AM
I received an email from bdjeepers about this project. What a wonderful idea! I will be gathering email addresses from my son's unit in Baghdad. Thank you!

HollyS
06-04-2007, 04:27 AM
Thank you so much CavMom!!! We can use all the help we can get!

bdjeepers
06-04-2007, 05:41 AM
CavMom is a terrific mom and troop supporter. I've also asked her for addresses of people who might be willing to print some of our layouts to put up as posters in hospital wards or unit headquarters so troops can see them hanging. I'll be happy to email them to any one who volunteers to print! I'd suggest mostly 8.5. x 11 sizes, because it isn't likely they'll have wide format printers.

I once sent a picture of my grandson at 3 months of age and wrapped in an American flag to someone in Iraq and got back a picture of my emailed picture that was posted on a bulletin board over there. It was a very moving experience. Reminders of why they are there and who they are protecting may give them a little strength and added courage when it gets rough. Learning that we are grateful for their service is critical for their morale. And I know for sure they'd rather get mail than anything - well, maybe not including home-made cookies.....LOL!

I urge all of you to become involved, to hold out a warm hand to the most deserving of people, and leave your political views out of it, because it isn't about politics, its about one human reaching out to another in time of need and the lonliness of separation from their families. Every single freedom we enjoy in the U. S. is because they or someone like them fought for it at one time or another in our history.

ABitDaffy
06-04-2007, 06:37 AM
I'll do whatever I can! I'll see if I can get any email addresses and I'll be sure to make at least one page.

bdjeepers
06-04-2007, 06:41 AM
As for me, I would love to express my support to not only American troops, but coalition troops because this is not just an American effort. To those of you in other countries, I ask that you help get our thanks to your military members, too. I remember 200,000 Germans at the Brandenburg gate expressing sympathy after 9/11, and Queen Elizabeth's tears. I have saved all pictures I collected on the internet from the weeks afterward, and the graphics that people made. They aren't all American by any means. I remember being astonished at the number of American flags that were displayed in individual's hands who are citizens of another country, and who support what we had to do. I rmember the candlelight vigils around the world, and I am as grateful to any other soldier from any other country as I am to our own. Please don't forget them, I won't.

ABitDaffy
06-04-2007, 06:41 AM
Barbara, well said as always! I know that appreciation means more to our soldiers than just about anything, and that it still means something to them even decades after their service. My grandfather is a WWII vet and nothing makes his face light up more than when I tell him how proud I am of him or ask him about his time in the service. Really, these brave men and women are away from their families, facing untold dangers, so that we have the freedom to do the things we want to do (like hang out at GDS :laugh:). The least we can do is say thanks!

bdjeepers
06-04-2007, 07:21 AM
The former commander of the Navy's largest hospital in Portsmouth, VA. has already responded. He will be sending me the addresses of military hospitals we can send layouts to. I'm hoping they will print them to hang in the hospital wards. Be sure to ask them to do that when you email them, and provide the URL of the gallery when Holly and Debra have it available. Not all of the patients are able to get to a computer, but they will see your love on the walls!

bdjeepers
06-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Personnel in Iraq As of (date)

United Kingdom - 7,100 - January 12, 2007
South Korea - 2,300 - February 22, 2007
Italy - 0 - December 2, 2006 (But they did have troops there previously!)
Poland - 900 - February 22, 2007
Australia - 550 - February 22, 2007
Georgia - 900 - February 22, 2007
Romania - 600 - February 22, 2007
Denmark - 460 - January 2, 2007
Total Coalition Troops ~13,205 March 7, 2007
(This is approximately 800 fewer than February)In addition to the United States, 25 countries are contributors to Iraqi Stability Operations as of 14 March 2007:
Albania, Armenia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia/Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Estonia, Georgia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Mongolia, Poland, Romania, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.

Fiji is participating as part of the UN mission in Iraq and Hungary, Iceland, Slovenia and Turkey are NATO countries supporting Iraqi stability operations but are not part of MNF-I. (MNF stands for Multi-National Forces)

ďIraq Weekly Status Report,Ē Department of State, 24 January 2007.

If you don't recognize the names of some of those countries, many were countries where people know what it is like to not be free. Many more want to retain what freedom they have, or gain freedom in the future. I thought you should know.

Babette
06-04-2007, 08:26 AM
God knows I'm in!!! Give me email addy's and I'm on it!

twirlyjoy
06-04-2007, 09:30 AM
As for me, I would love to express my support to not only American troops, but coalition troops because this is not just an American effort. To those of you in other countries, I ask that you help get our thanks to your military members, too. I remember 200,000 Germans at the Brandenburg gate expressing sympathy after 9/11, and Queen Elizabeth's tears. I have saved all pictures I collected on the internet from the weeks afterward, and the graphics that people made. They aren't all American by any means. I remember being astonished at the number of American flags that were displayed in individual's hands who are citizens of another country, and who support what we had to do. I rmember the candlelight vigils around the world, and I am as grateful to any other soldier from any other country as I am to our own. Please don't forget them, I won't.

You beat me to it - I was just going to come and post here and ask whether anyone would mind/be offended/whatever if i volunteered to take part. Being in the UK, and not an American, I didn't want to 'step on any toes' so to speak, so thanks for the 'ok' - this is something I agree is very important :)

bdjeepers
06-04-2007, 09:44 AM
You beat me to it - I was just going to come and post here and ask whether anyone would mind/be offended/whatever if i volunteered to take part. Being in the UK, and not an American, I didn't want to 'step on any toes' so to speak, so thanks for the 'ok' - this is something I agree is very important :)

Offended? Oh, Joy, I'll kiss anybody's combat boots who is serving all who love freedom! I don't care where they're from! We are all in this together! The British were the first to call - no way will I forget them! I was in Washington D. C. on 9/11, and it is my understanding that it was a British pilot flying a Royal Air Force jet that circled our nation's capital to help protect it for a long time. I'll bet most Americans don't know that. I saw many British citizens who were visiting Washington or living there in a governmental function who left touching tributes at a tiny sapling tree in front of the Pentagon. They were still leaving them a year later. It touched me in a way that I will never forget. People from all over the world came and stuck little messages on the tree's twigs in the winter. And fresh flowers, even at Christmas time. And candles, and all sorts of things. I never felt so close to people from other nations as during my year there. Bless you, and especially your troops. I applaud all.

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

HollyS
06-05-2007, 05:18 AM
Oh Joy.....of course!

tborntreger
06-05-2007, 05:26 AM
My July quotes for the Quote Challenge are all for Freedom and Liberty. hmmm....

ladyriderok1
06-05-2007, 05:42 AM
Please count me in. I don't know anyone in the military right now, but have had family in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, so have always supported our troops and their work to keep us free. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help.

hystrix21
06-05-2007, 03:50 PM
What a neat idea.

I have to admit, I couldn't watch the video because the last thing I need to be is crying and getting myself sick!

This is such a great idea and I know the family members and the soldiers are all going to appreciate what a nice thing this is. In our day where people are so negative, it is then that our soldiers need to know most that people do care that they are risking their lives for not only our freedom, but other's freedom as well.

Thank you again GDS for such a great idea and wonderful "Thank you" to our soldiers and their family's.

hystrix21
06-05-2007, 03:58 PM
One quick question. Do they have to be layout? My daughter drew a drawing of her daddy in the Army, which I have posted at another site. Is this anything you'd be interested in since a 5-year old drew her "hero"?

Also, I have linked my husband with this thread in hopes that he can get soldiers email addys. So fingers crossed you'll get some emails with his efforts.

jls613
06-06-2007, 05:59 AM
This is a great idea! I come to this forum, but have never posted. I need to try and get something done for this one.
The link that was given for the Video of Tim McGraw is the original singing, check out these 2 that people have put the pics to go with the song. VERY moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-o9aCoeGoI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrxnYf6gUZ4&mode=related&search=

My husband is retired Air Force, as is his father. My father served in WWII. Although I never served in the military, I have been a Police Officer for 19 years, and feel I do my part on a local front. Thanks to all who serve!

jls613
06-06-2007, 06:04 AM
even better!! watch, and tell me you dont want to help..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz8PISGCWh8&NR=1

bdjeepers
06-06-2007, 09:22 AM
One quick question. Do they have to be layout? My daughter drew a drawing of her daddy in the Army, which I have posted at another site. Is this anything you'd be interested in since a 5-year old drew her "hero"?

Also, I have linked my husband with this thread in hopes that he can get soldiers email addys. So fingers crossed you'll get some emails with his efforts.

Personally, I can't imagine a more perfect "layout" than a child's letter to her Daddy. And who makes a better hero than a Daddy? Mine was to me.....

A Message For her Daddy: You and all the others who serve ARE heroes, not just to your little ones, but all of us. Thank you, soldier. Our thoughts are with you. You stay safe and come home to that little girl that knows you're a hero.

bdjeepers
06-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Holly, can I make a suggestion? The gallery is listed under the heading "Charity". Could we call it a "Tribute" instead? If I know the military as I think I do, charity is the last thing they'd ever ask for.

HollyS
06-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Yes sure Barbara....makes sense!

Ladies, I have some email addreses by way of Barbara and I'm super excited about that...keep em coming everyone!

Thanks Barbara!

bdjeepers
06-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Here's one for you, Joy, and all of our friends in the UK!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s179/momospace/supporttroops-1.gif

HollyS
06-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Wendy, please do upload your daughter's drawing! Thanks for getting any email addresses you can, we'd greatly appreciate it!!!

bdjeepers
06-06-2007, 09:09 PM
This is a great idea! I come to this forum, but have never posted. I need to try and get something done for this one.
The link that was given for the Video of Tim McGraw is the original singing, check out these 2 that people have put the pics to go with the song. VERY moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-o9aCoeGoI&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrxnYf6gUZ4&mode=related&search=

My husband is retired Air Force, as is his father. My father served in WWII. Although I never served in the military, I have been a Police Officer for 19 years, and feel I do my part on a local front. Thanks to all who serve!

We'd love to have something from you, but in the meantime I'd like to thank YOU, another of our heroes who doesn't hear nearly enough of our thanks! http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s179/momospace/clapping.gif

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s179/momospace/ac.gif

ssrosepetal
06-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I was just reading all of your comments about this tribute. I think it's a wonderful idea and I just wanted to say thank you to all of you for doing this. My husband is active army, home at the moment, but looking at going on his 4th tour to Iraq in 5 years. It's a trying time not having him home. Especially with a 2 year old who loves and adores her daddy. Sometimes it's the simple things in life that matter the most and knowing that the people who you are protecting appreciate what you are doing helps make their days worthwhile. A good and positive moral is always a good thing and a blessing to us family members waiting for their return. Thank you for this special tribute.

bdjeepers
06-09-2007, 08:14 PM
There's an old saying - "They also serve who sit and wait". What a difficult time it must be for you - the families - and your sacrifice is not forgotten, either. I know of some of the hardships that families endure, and none of it is easy, by any means. Please accept my thanks to you, too, and all those who wait for loved ones to return home. You are not forgotten, either, and I think you're very brave to be sending your husband for the 4th time around. I am grateful for his service, as is my entire family, and we all wish your family the very best. I would love to hear about him and his unit while he's away, so please do come and join our family here, and make yourself at home, OK? Tell him to pass the word over there that we want to get the message to all of them that we care, and wish we could get word out to them, but it is very difficult with the military's security structure.

Best wishes to you all,
Barbara

WifeofArmyNCO
06-12-2007, 08:36 PM
I know I can help. I'll get right on it. Holly, I've sent you an email. It would be nice to send layouts to patients in the military hospitals here and overseas, too.

Those are fantastic additions to the list ... the patients would love it. I also think it would be neat to send them at various points in the year, not just the 4th of July holiday. Service members are deployed all the time. I know that my husband's unit is getting ready to leave again at the end of the year. They will be gone for 15 months ... they lost way too many guys during their last deployment. Something like this would help them to know that someone other than their spouses cares and supports them.

For me personally I would love to be able to create a slideshow with these layouts to show on the big screen for their deployment ceremony. To send them off with a ton of support. Any thoughts on that idea? Not sure who I would contact, but I would love to do that if possible.

jazzieal
06-13-2007, 03:35 AM
My thoughts prayers love and support to all of our military, to troops deployed and their families...you are all heros and remembered all thru the year not just on Memorial Day or Veterans Day, or 4th of July..Thank you from the bottom of my heart..and thanks to GDS for this wonderful and thoughtful project :proud:

alfenner
06-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Those are fantastic additions to the list ... the patients would love it. I also think it would be neat to send them at various points in the year, not just the 4th of July holiday. Service members are deployed all the time. I know that my husband's unit is getting ready to leave again at the end of the year. They will be gone for 15 months ... they lost way too many guys during their last deployment. Something like this would help them to know that someone other than their spouses cares and supports them.

For me personally I would love to be able to create a slideshow with these layouts to show on the big screen for their deployment ceremony. To send them off with a ton of support. Any thoughts on that idea? Not sure who I would contact, but I would love to do that if possible.

Ooooh! THAT would be awesome!!! I'll try to help you get in contact with the right people (I think that would be Holly, and she's on vacation).

smgilbert101
06-13-2007, 10:54 AM
There's an old saying - "They also serve who sit and wait". What a difficult time it must be for you - the families - and your sacrifice is not forgotten, either. I know of some of the hardships that families endure, and none of it is easy, by any means. Please accept my thanks to you, too, and all those who wait for loved ones to return home. You are not forgotten, either, and I think you're very brave to be sending your husband for the 4th time around. I am grateful for his service, as is my entire family, and we all wish your family the very best. I would love to hear about him and his unit while he's away, so please do come and join our family here, and make yourself at home, OK? Tell him to pass the word over there that we want to get the message to all of them that we care, and wish we could get word out to them, but it is very difficult with the military's security structure.

Best wishes to you all,
Barbara

:dito:

What she (bdjeepers) hasn't said is that she was not only a military wife, but she also had to sit and wait while two of her three sons served as well (Her chocolate chip cookie care packages were always a treat!).

Thanks mom (aka momo):congrats: !

:lurker:

griest
06-13-2007, 04:25 PM
I will try to do another layout if time permits. What a great project for all of here at home who always ask" is there anything we can do?" To get behind a project like this is rewarding for the giver as well as the reciever. Thank you.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6206&nocache=1

bdjeepers
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM

I think your project is absolutely a winner that should be done. If I can be of any help....I'm here.

bdjeepers
06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
I will try to do another layout if time permits. What a great project for all of here at home who always ask" is there anything we can do?" To get behind a project like this is rewarding for the giver as well as the reciever. Thank you.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6206&nocache=1

Your layout moved me deeply. I remember hearing JFK speak those words, and nothing has changed in his sentiments. Thank you for remembering it and repeating it here.

alfenner
06-14-2007, 05:20 AM

I pm'd Debra about this since Holly's gone and she said they would gladly put the slideshow together for you and anyone else that would like it for such an event! Again, super super idea!

cooksalot
06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
This is a terrific idea. Right now everyone is home in the US. and not planning on going back for a bit. Thank You Jesus! So I don't have anyone in the mid east right now.

griest
06-15-2007, 08:48 AM
Another layout for this great project. TFL!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6316&cat=634

bdjeepers
06-15-2007, 11:33 AM
I pm'd Debra about this since Holly's gone and she said they would gladly put the slideshow together for you and anyone else that would like it for such an event! Again, super super idea!

WTG Amy, Holly and Debra! I keep hearing over and over that the troops don't know how much they are supported - this way they'll see some tangible proof before they leave. I also love, love, love the idea of keeping this gallery going all year 'round.

bdjeepers
06-15-2007, 11:54 AM
CavMom is printing layouts to go to Iraq in care packages! You can see her comment here:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6324&cat=634

Her son's unit has supplied many email addresses to Holly and Debra because they want to see the layouts, but CavMom is going a step further. I'm sure the hard copies will be hung in offices and tents all over the place for even more of the troops to see our thank yous. Keep up the good work, everyone - you're doing an awesome job!

griest
06-16-2007, 06:14 PM
One more from me. The technique didn't come out quite like I had pictured, but the sentiment is there. TFL.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6403&limit=recent

HollyS
06-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Oh gosh, I can't tell you how it makes me feel to read this thread and everyone's comments! I'm so thankful to each and everyone one of you who have expressed yourselves here and in the gallery with your tribute layouts. Keep 'em coming!

tborntreger
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Here's my link!
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6667&cat=500&ppuser=2819

babydoe
06-23-2007, 12:14 PM
I finally got this together today. I hope it is like what you want.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6708&nocache=1

:love-smiley-011: Judy

Helen
07-01-2007, 10:30 PM
Here are 2 pages from me.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6991

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6989

HollyS
07-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Ladies, I have some very exciting news!!!

Two other LARGE sites have been teaming up to gather layouts from their community members and will be creating a slide show of all of them. They got wind of what we were doing and we were asked if we wanted to include the layouts you all posted to our Tribute Gallery and I said HECK YEAH! That way more servicemen and women see them!

So I'll need to ask you to email me the JPG and credits. I'm not sure of the dimensions so will be posting back here with that information.

Wahoo!!!!!

bdjeepers
07-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Goose bumps! That's REALLY exciting! It looks like a snowball effect is taking place, and I'm glad to see it rolling! Information soon? We are getting right down to the wire, time-wise.

HollyS
07-03-2007, 06:06 AM
I'm going to just be giving them the JPGs you all uploaded to the gallery by the end of the week.

As for our own campaign, emails are going out tomorrow!!!!! So please get those tribute layouts done no later than tomorrow morning!

bdjeepers
07-03-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm going to just be giving them the JPGs you all uploaded to the gallery by the end of the week.

As for our own campaign, emails are going out tomorrow!!!!! So please get those tribute layouts done no later than tomorrow morning!

C'mon, everyone - show them your patriotic spirit! They're out there, putting it all on the line for you and your family.

bdjeepers
07-05-2007, 06:55 AM
Ladies, I have some very exciting news!!!

Two other LARGE sites have been teaming up to gather layouts from their community members and will be creating a slide show of all of them. They got wind of what we were doing and we were asked if we wanted to include the layouts you all posted to our Tribute Gallery and I said HECK YEAH! That way more servicemen and women see them!

So I'll need to ask you to email me the JPG and credits. I'm not sure of the dimensions so will be posting back here with that information.

Wahoo!!!!!

Holly, would you name the other two sites and let us know if there is any feedback from the troops?

relocateddixiegirl
07-31-2007, 12:06 PM
I know this thread was from a while back but I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You. This was a beautiful idea & I'm sure it made servicemembers here & there smile. They love to hear a simple thank you. They like to know that what they are doing is appreciated. My husband is active duty Marine Corps & has been in 22 years. He never gets tired of hearing that what he does is appreciated

Even if you don't agree with the war, these folks are just doing their jobs. Please, if this is done again, I would be honored to participate.

hystrix21
08-04-2007, 12:08 PM

Wahoo!!!!!

I never read this and never emailed you my three submissions. Sorry about that, but if it is at a site that Im thinking of, then they have my submissions already as I was over there creating other layouts for their project. If not, then atleast I got some great scrapping done ;)

britnkaysmemaw2
06-07-2008, 07:48 AM
I just ran across this site and know this was done in 2007, but wondered if you were doing anything like this for 2008. My husband is an AF retiree, and we support our men & women 100%.

TheMommason
02-12-2009, 05:29 PM
As a proud to have served disabled Veteran nice to have found this page. I just made service member frames this week for friends to share with military families and will post the frames and quick pages in the memer share if I can find it this weekend.

I made memorial QP, memorial frame, Yellow ribbon frame and QP and military tribute with no ribbon page and frame

britnkaysmemaw2
02-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Those sound awesome! How sweet of you to share.

angmag55
03-25-2009, 08:38 AM
Oh my Gosh this just tore me apart it reminded me of my ex-sister-in-law who gave birth to their son after her Husband was killed in Vietnam. She did move on and remarried and has 3 more sons too!!
I am going to be doing some layouts for this for sure

mom2paigenjunior
03-25-2009, 10:30 AM
This is a great project. I know as a military wife here everything is very much appreciated! Fabulous work!

nana13
04-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Will you be doing this again for July 4th 2009? Will you be collecting addresses?

kmshep01
06-16-2010, 10:40 PM
My husband and I met on our 1st day of basic training for the British RAF. 10 years later we have 2 beautiful little girls and a wonderful marriage. I have since left the Air force but my hubby is still serving.
He had just returned from being away with an American unit over Christmas. He says that the support you all send your American serviceman is outstanding and overwhelming. Much more, to our shame, than we do for our loyal and brave servicemen and women.
I want to thank everyone who shows their support to ANY servicemen, the difference you make is indescribable.
This project is amazing, We have another of our units going out in a few weeks and i am trying to organise support for them why they are away. Thankyou for the insperation and motivation x
Kirsty