PDA

View Full Version : help with PSE8-dodge and burn

cee
10-26-2011, 08:03 AM
I have been looking at the progressive challenge and thought I would like to have a go at doing a turned corner- well i looked at the info on how to do it and i got as far as rotating the triangle 180 degrees, did that fine BUT i then had to find the "dodge" tool or ""tool well i dont see those down the left hand side and i dont even know how to find the brushes- i have done it by mistake before but know i want to find it i cant
any help gratefully recieved
Claire

Precepts and Promises
10-26-2011, 08:33 AM
Those tools are nestled with some others, that's why they are hard to find! They are at the bottom of the tool bar. I have my tool bar in one single-file line, and the dodge, burn, and sponge tool are all nestled together in a group right above the color squares. Depending on which tool is active you will see either a hand, a sponge, or a blue magnifying glass.
Just hover your mouse over the square and soon the whole menu of tool choices will appear.
Once you've clicked on the tool of your choice, you will see its options in the tool bar across the top. You can pick your brush shape, size, opacity, and range.
Let me know if you need any more help!

cee
10-26-2011, 11:35 PM
thank you

I have found them but i need to practice the dodge and burn for sure my turned down corner looked too flat

Precepts and Promises
10-27-2011, 06:17 AM
I think the trick that I found most helpful is to keep a light hand and not over-do it. Just keep practicing!