PDA

View Full Version : PSE 9 or 10??

donna1980
10-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi
I downloaded the trial for PSE 9 last week and im getting on ok with it but if I download the full version of Adobe I have to do PSE 10 now for the people using PSE 10 now is there much difference, should I go with this or buy PSE 9 version of Amazon?

Donna

britnkaysmemaw2
10-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I am still using PSE 8, so don't know what PSE 9 has to offer, but I did read that PSE 10 now has Text on a path built in, so it is definitely going on my christmas list!

Good luck deciding....it really is a personal preference. I believe you can go to Adobe and they should have a comparision of the 2 programs to help you decide.

donna1980
10-12-2011, 11:04 PM
After looking at the comparisons I think im going to download PSE 10 at the time, thanks for your message

donna1980
11-08-2011, 04:22 AM
My PSE 10 disk has arrived today, Hope things havent changed too much from PSE 9. Im just getting the hang of that one lol

Mary-Lynne
11-08-2011, 04:27 AM
I hate the print options in 8...no way to print off center that I can find. It also attempts to print everything you have open.

Does anyone know if 9 or 10 goes back to the better control in 7?

criostirado
11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
I was so mad! I had PSE 5 forever...and then when I bought 9....10 came out like two weeks later!!!! uuggh!!!

donna1980
11-09-2011, 12:10 PM
I was so mad! I had PSE 5 forever...and then when I bought 9....10 came out like two weeks later!!!! uuggh!!!

Hi,
I've read on some forums and i'm sure it was on adobe website that if you bought PSE 9 since feb (I think it was) then you are able to upgrade to PSE 10 free, worth looking into and maybe emailing adobe x

criostirado
11-09-2011, 12:47 PM
Ohhhh did not know that...definately checking that out! Thanks!

Hi,
I've read on some forums and i'm sure it was on adobe website that if you bought PSE 9 since feb (I think it was) then you are able to upgrade to PSE 10 free, worth looking into and maybe emailing adobe x

criostirado
11-09-2011, 01:03 PM
I just checked it out...and actually...it depends on the lic. that you have...if you have a volume one, or an educational one then you are eligible..maybe..if they approve it...but everyone else is out of luck! oh well...I guess there isnt that much difference...so I guess I will wait until like 12 or 13 comes out THEN they will have a big difference!

Ayla
11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I just checked it out...and actually...it depends on the lic. that you have...if you have a volume one, or an educational one then you are eligible..maybe..if they approve it...but everyone else is out of luck! oh well...I guess there isnt that much difference...so I guess I will wait until like 12 or 13 comes out THEN they will have a big difference!

I will do the same...I have PSE9, not willing to invest more for just one step improvement. I'll wait...I'm happy with what I have!

PS - my son is at Fort Stewart!

criostirado
11-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Does he like it?? It is HOT here!! Its finally nice out where you can actually go outside and enjoy yourself!

I will do the same...I have PSE9, not willing to invest more for just one step improvement. I'll wait...I'm happy with what I have!

Amanda
11-09-2011, 06:55 PM
I have PSE6 and really hate that you can't do clipping masks with it! I use mostly Paint.net (-- It has abilities PS doesn't and is EASY!, )and ArtRage Studio Pro for design. But PS does quality checks and actions so well!

I want to upgrade- will 8,9 or 10 do them??

criostirado
11-09-2011, 07:34 PM
I have 9 and it does it..so you should be fine with getting 10...unless you can find 9 real cheap!!! I dont know about 8 sorry!

I have PSE6 and really hate that you can't do clipping masks with it! I use mostly Paint.net (-- It has abilities PS doesn't and is EASY!, )and ArtRage Studio Pro for design. But PS does quality checks and actions so well!

donna1980
11-10-2011, 01:10 AM
9 and 10 have clipping masks.
I went for 10 as I was only using a trial version of 9, up to now the bonus with 10 is working with text on a path but haven't had a full play with the program yet and I go away tomorrow till wednesday on business, I've got to take my daughters netbook for weight reasons so im going to really miss scrapping, but hopefully will still get online to keep up with what everyone is upto lol

cascrappinggirl
11-10-2011, 09:17 AM
WOW text on a path - I am drooling! Looks like it is going to be worth while to own PSE 10

9 and 10 have clipping masks.
I went for 10 as I was only using a trial version of 9, up to now the bonus with 10 is working with text on a path but haven't had a full play with the program yet and I go away tomorrow till wednesday on business, I've got to take my daughters netbook for weight reasons so im going to really miss scrapping, but hopefully will still get online to keep up with what everyone is upto lol

Amanda
11-10-2011, 05:00 PM
I will do the same...I have PSE9, not willing to invest more for just one step improvement. I'll wait...I'm happy with what I have! ow /where to

Ahhh, Ft.Stewart we know well. DH served there during his active duty NG years and it was their rally point for Desert Shield/Storm!

??- if I dl PSE10, do I have to delete 6? Man, this seems like it could be a bit of a time consuming thing. I opted for Addomatic, because no one could tell me the path for PSE6 on Windows 7. So... I don't know how/where to find my actions, filters, etc. :P:confused1::twitcy:

britnkaysmemaw2
11-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Amanda - I believe you can have both installed, but can only have one open at a time! I have both PSE 7 & 8 installed. Not a lot of difference in them, but I got PSE 8 free with my Bamboo Tablet & Pen (which I am still trying to tackle learning how to use!)

zanthia
11-21-2011, 02:51 PM
the only thing pse 10 adds over pse 9 tha t is worth possibly getting is text on path and even for that you can buy premade text paths( i have a whole bunch free ones found over time). this has to be one ofthe worse upgrades they ever had.

pse9 is HUGE upgrade - built in layer masks and content aware healing

currently pse10 is on sale for 50 at Costco so if need to upgrade, now is the time

PattyB
11-21-2011, 03:55 PM
I have PSE 10 for about a month now, I LOVE IT !!!!!! More flexibility with the typing tool is super! So is the expanded capability of the crop tool. For me it was very much worth it.