PDA

View Full Version : Fun Fall/ Halloween ideas?

elenasworld
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I am trying to be "prepared" and get something ready for the
school's Halloween party this year. My daughter is going to
be an owl for Halloween (once I finish the costume) and I was
thinking of making some treat bags or treat toppers with owls
on it. Fortunately I have some in my scrapping supplies :)

Does anyone have any fun ideas for Halloween?
I need some motivation to get started

altimasport
10-04-2011, 07:59 PM
I was the room mom for my sons preschool and kindergarten class. I also did it for my daughters class as well. We made paper bats out of black construction paper and used googly eyes and then the kids drew the fangs on and turned them into magnets and did a poem that went along with it. We also decorated sugar cookies to look like scarecrows. you use wafer crackers for the hat and choc sprinkles for the hair. mini choc chip for the eyes and candy corn for the nose and mini choc chips for the mouth,. The kids loved them. Just make sure there aren't any food allergies.:) A really good site for all kinds of games and crafts is familyfun. I hope this helps and have fun!!

altimasport
10-04-2011, 08:04 PM
one more idea that I just remembered was the game pass the pumpkin. We used a plastic pumpkin. You split the kids in 2 groups line them up and the pass the pumpkin over their head and under through their legs. It's a relay so whichever group that gets to the back and then back to the front wins. You can do push the broom too. That's a fun game. It's where you take a gourd or a small pumpkin and push it with the broom, again its a relay so you have to have room, but the kids love it!! ok that's all:)

elenasworld
10-06-2011, 06:19 AM
Sounds like you were busy! Love the ideas -- we can do bats for sure and your pass the pumpkin game is much more fun than what my daughter did in pre-school. that is a great party game

Debra
10-09-2011, 08:23 AM
One of the fun things we did for Han's Halloween party was "Mummy Making"... brought in rolls of toilet tissue and partnered all the kids up and they made eachother into Mummy's...was the hit of the party ;)

elenasworld
10-18-2011, 03:16 PM
that sounds like so much fun Debra!

I have some little "hyrbrid" treat boxes I am making for the party. I really want one of those die cutting machines, but it is on the "list" for now.
I am going to cut out all the boxes and have the scoring/folding done so the kids wont need to cut anything out. I am also cutting out little bat wings and witch hats and stuff for the boxes, and I have put glue dots on far too many googly eyes. I hope the kids have fun making them.

altimasport
10-18-2011, 04:54 PM
The boxes sound so cute. You should take a picture of the boxes when they are done and post a few so we can see how they turn out:) The mummy making sounds like a ton of fun too!
\

Debra
10-18-2011, 05:00 PM
The boxes sound so cute. You should take a picture of the boxes when they are done and post a few so we can see how they turn out:) The mummy making sounds like a ton of fun too!
\

I second that! Would love to see those hybrid boxes.. I bet the munchkins will love making them.. I know my Hannah and her girly girls love those kinds of crafts!:love-smiley-011: