PDA

View Full Version : Which Do You Prefer??????

Cherry47
05-29-2007, 07:49 PM
I bought some matte photo paper today to print some of my layouts in 8X8 since I do not have a 12X12 printer. Previously while printing my layouts I've used Premium Glossy Photo Paper. They come out fine but some of them kind of stick to the plastic cover in my albums. The guy that helped me at Office Depot told me that Matte paper use up more ink than the glossy paper. I just wanted to know which type of paper did most people use. I couldn't find satin or semi gloss paper. Thanks for any replys I might receive.

twirlyjoy
05-30-2007, 01:19 AM
I never print on glossy paper as I personally don't like it - even for my regular photos. So, I use pearl finish or matte - but it is just personal preference. Am not sure about the using more ink issue, but I don't mind if it is true - at least I get the finish I like.

holly has a post somewhere about special scrapbook paper you can buy - I think it was by Epson - anyway, its one of the papers which they use for the gds prinitng service - will go and look for the post where she mentions it!

Scrapcat0220
05-30-2007, 02:21 AM
I have mine printed at an online photo serive on matte paper and have no problem. :)

ckbymommy
05-30-2007, 05:40 AM
I prefer the look of matte or lustre as well. Glossy picks up fingerprints too easily.

ABitDaffy
05-30-2007, 06:22 AM
I think it's probably a personal preference - for some things, like portraits and formal pics and layouts, I like matte, but for action shots and lots of bright colors I like gloss. I know, I have split personality! I have the same problem though with glossy sticking to page protectors - I haven't printed out scrapbook pages, just 8 X 10 pics, but it's the same problem. So, I searched on line and it looks like Krylon makes a product called Preserve It! which is supposed to form a barrier to keep moisture out and protect digital photos. People who've used it have said that it helps with the sticking issue. I think I'm going to try it out.

Cherry47
05-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks everyone for your reply. I'm going to use the 50 sheets of matte I bought though. It looks shiny when I put it in the page protector but I will check out the lustre and satin and semi gloss.

4man42
05-30-2007, 07:08 AM
I use 12 x 12 and since I can't print that size, I take mine to a local printer who does beautiful prints for $2.09 plus a $5.00 rip charge. I wait until I have several to print and that makes it very reasonable.

Maisie
05-30-2007, 10:23 AM
I use the matte paper.
I printed out a page for DD's birthday, and was super pleased with the quality.
And it's an off brand I got a Sam's. I use generic ink too.

bdjeepers
06-03-2007, 06:12 AM
I use matte paper, too. I don't care if it uses more ink because I think it provides a deeper, richer, and softer look. I never saw a professional studio portrait printed on glossy paper, and theirs is the look I'm after. I don't like it that the page protectors make it shiny.

Cherry47
06-03-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm beginning to like the matte paper because like I said above one you put it in the paper protecter it looks shiny but not too shiny. Thanks all.