PDA

View Full Version : Ehd

KattyZak
05-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I am going to be buying one very soon.
Especially seeing my laptop is running slow a lot of the time.
Got the blue screen on the pc this morning...yikes!
I also got zillions of pictures on an older pc that I am trying to take off because the CD tray is broken.
I have tried a few different things but am now wondering if I plug an EHD in, will they transfer over easily?
Thanks.
Just call me the question lady today.

HollyS
05-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Deb talked about one that was 500gigs but I can't remember where she said. She'll see this and reply...

Maisie
05-29-2007, 05:32 PM
Well, I got and EHD. and it took hours to transfer my pics, and digiscrapping kits to it.
My USB on the computer was a 1.0, and the EHD was a 2.0. Now when I hook it up to the new laptop, it transfers is minutes. That's the only draw back I've found.

KattyZak
05-29-2007, 10:16 PM
OK.
thanks.
It seems every option of moving photos off the old pc is going to be a long endeavor...oh, why didn't I back up.

Helen
05-29-2007, 11:30 PM
I just had some problems with my pc and I bought a second EHD that had 500gig. I started to move stuff over and it was taking a long time....I happened to have Norton's new 360 which has a back up program - there are other back up programs you can get.

I then ran the back up of my files over to my new EHD overnight. I kicked it off before going to bed, and the next morning, the files had all moved over. A lot faster than moving the folders and files over manually. Problem is that if your laptop is having problems, you may not be able to install a new program.

Wish you luck! Been there done that - I definitely know the feeling.

twirlyjoy
05-30-2007, 02:15 AM
I did the same when I got my EHD - set it to transfer them all, then went out for the day and let it get on with it!! So, I don't know how long it actually took, as I wasn't here when it finished!!

KattyZak
05-30-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.
I've tried the uploading to the internet but that is so slow.