PDA

View Full Version : Spread the love!

Rebecca
10-08-2006, 08:11 AM
I think we need a spread the love kinda thread. Post something nice about someone one the site with a little reason why you chose them to give some lovin too :)

beany
10-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Twirlyjoy gets my Love at the moment! Bless her heart. Not only is she my best mate and surrogate Mum to my 3 kids she is doing a great job with her 3 girls - especially the one who having only just recovered from a broken collar bone now has a broken wrist which is in a cast for quite a while cos when she breaks something she does it in style!*biggrin
Joy is the reason i scrap. I met her just over a year ago and she kinda got me hooked on scrapping. photography and diet coke! LOL, So Joy -
THANK YOU - FOR BEING MY MATE, MY MENTOR & MY MATE
(i know i mentioned mate twice but it is a big deal to me!!)*laugh

Phoenix
10-09-2006, 03:01 AM
Well, I would have to say a great big HUG and THANK YOU to Debra and Holly for providing a great community here. After being at 4 forums I finally found one where I would call home. Thank you

Debra
10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Well, I would have to say a great big HUG and THANK YOU to Debra and Holly for providing a great community here. After being at 4 forums I finally found one where I would call home. Thank you

Thanks Phoenix.. that really means alot.. we love you too!!*yes

Debra
10-09-2006, 09:47 AM
I really like everyone.. this is so hard...

But I'm gonna say Leslie Marie :)
She's so sweet and so friendly and I just love how fun her family always looks in all her layouts!! I wanna be born into her family next time around..he he!

HollyS
10-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks Phoenix....that's very sweet! We're trying very hard to have a cozy site here that everyone can call home. You helping us majorly in paving the way!

Debra
10-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Can I give love to more than 1 person?

strawbry_wine
10-12-2006, 11:28 AM
as long as it doesn't make the other person jealous ; )))

heehee...

as for me and my vote, I have to give hugs to Holly & Debra for starting this site and hanging with me as new digiscrapper AND designer...they are probably walking around handless cuz I wrung 'em off 'em asking so many questions and needing help!! so thanks gals..here's ((((hugs))) to ya both!!!

Debra
10-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Awww.... Thanks Liz... and let's not forget.. It was us coming and begging you to join our Design Team! Where would GDS be without you running around commenting on everyone's layouts and making such beautiful freebies and kits for everyone?.. and shoeing horses all at the same time! My kinda tough cookie!

way2coolgrany
10-14-2006, 10:10 AM
*biggrin *biggrin *biggrin I would like to THANK God for the best gift he ever gaveme..my husband of 40yrs (12 Oct)..we met the 1st time when heer was just 3yr & I was2.5yrs old at a mutual friends birthday party 22 Feb 1951.. lost track the re-met(high school) in Jan art class.. that 1st day when he got home he told his mother I saw the girl I'm going to marry today..rather shocked she asked him what's her name & his reply was " I don't know I just saw her today"..he was a shy guy only took him 5mo. to get the nerve to ask me out.. fast forward to now..we've bee through a lot of tough times but there isn't anyone else I'd rather gone through them with.. some how some way we have always found something to laugh at ..There isn't a day that goes by that I don't THANK God for him ..love him more today than all the yesterdays of our lives.. we have 3 children ..9 grand childre & 1 great-grand child.... sorry for being so 'long winded' you see this is the Reader's Digest version..LOL

Debra
10-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Awwww... I'm so happy for you for having a wonderful marriage... Congrats on spending your life with the love of your life too :)

Phoenix
10-14-2006, 11:48 AM
lol youre ok granny

way2coolgrany
10-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Ladies ...it's been my pleasure (???) LOL LOL LOL I wish everyone coule be as blessed with the love of a good person.. I guess the "secret" is he's my best friend first & everything else is 'gravy'..people tend to forgive a friend of something first & not the same for a family member ..I wonder why..

steph
10-21-2006, 04:36 AM
I have to give loving to a bunch of people!!! First off, thanks Rebecca, for telling Joy about this site. She talked me into coming here, and after Do It Digi closed, I was lost for a little bit, but I have found a new home here!!! Thanks! Next I have to give loving to Holly and Debra for starting this site and especially to Debra for letting me be on her creative team... you two are awesome!!!

I really have to give the most of loving though, to Joy and Gill. Joy has been my friend through a lot of crap in this last year. She supported me when I was having some depression issues and was utterly miserable to be with, and has been my friend through thick and thin. I had the pleasure of meeting her and my girlie girls in April when they came to Canada, and I love her even more now!!!! She truly is a wonderful person, and I'm glad to have her in my life!! Sorry this is turning into a novel but I still have to talk about Gill. So bear with me!!!

I met Gill through Do It Digi, and I have to say she is responsible for giving me self esteem when it comes to my layouts. She's given me lots more too, but we will get to that in a minute! I was on the creative team there, and one of the first kits I did was her "Shades of Knight" kit. I really didn't think the layouts I did were anything to write home about, but she did. She like them so much, she asked me to be on her personal creative team! She made me feel really special!!! Just talking to her over MSN and occasionally our web cams, she has become one of my best mates in the world!!! She is caring and sweet and talented and loyal to her friends, and I just love her to bits!!! I would be lost with out my Joy and my Gill!!!

Enough of my novel now, and I hope you all have a great weekend, cause you know what... you all deserve some loving... without you all, there would not be this site!!! Thanks for caring enough to be here!!!

Stephanie

twirlyjoy
10-21-2006, 07:50 AM
awwwwww Steph - you are too sweet! Its been a pleasure to get to know you on-line, and meeting you in real life was just as fab - if not more so :)

strawbry_wine
10-21-2006, 02:29 PM
way2coolgranny--that's so kewl you feel like that after 40 yrs. My heart goes out to anyone able to sustain a relationship that long. I tried.

sounds like you've had a great life to scrap!!

strawbry_wine
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
so steph, how much did Gill & joy bribe, err, pay you <wink, nudge, wink> heeheee!!!

that was mighty sweet everything you said. They must feel the same about you!

Debra
10-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Aww Steph, that was so sweet of you to show such love! It's funny, the older we get, the harder it seems to establish "friendships" but here, it's all possible again.. I'm so happy for you for finding Joy and Gill. I'm also so glad they dragged you on over here.. and also for you joining my creative team... You're such a great addition here to this community!!