PDA

View Full Version : Grand Canyon trip...help!!!?!?!?

HollyS
05-28-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi all! We're headed to the Grand Canyon...Northern rim in two weeks! Guess it's time to start packing..huh? We're flying into Vegas and then in for a 5 hr drive to the Grand Canyon I'm just so looking forward to flying with my 3 boys cross country ... NOT! :twitcy: I just have to keep telling myself that everything will work out all right. If all else fails...there's benadryl...HEHE! <Just kidding..I swear> :laugh:

So, that leads me to my question?? Who has been and have any hints, things we can't miss out on? :confused:

TraciJ
05-29-2007, 02:20 AM
I've never been there, so I can't help you ... but I just wanted to tell you to have a good time!!!

KattyZak
05-29-2007, 06:15 AM
http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g45963-i10-k1080748-Kinda_off_topic_but_the_Grand_Canyon_forum_is_DEAD-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

I would try Trip Advisor's forum. I was there as a kid twice but can't really offer much as that was years ago.

scraptigz
05-29-2007, 06:45 AM
i wish i could help a bit more with this, i haven't been there in 22 years maybe?? yipes how time flys!! i remember the little furry critters that popped up out of holes and were quite friendly, they might be fun to look for. not sure if they're still friendly, though? :stupid:

Helen
05-29-2007, 06:52 AM
Don't know how old your kids are - but they have really neat donkey rides down in to the canyon. It's been a while since I've been there. Last time I was there, we took a helicopter ride down into the canyones and landed on the bottom, and then we had lunch. About $75 per adult. Can't remember the name of company - but it was fun.

dfifeaz
05-29-2007, 07:01 AM
We were just to the south rim of the Canyon a week ago for my granddaughter's 5th grade trip. We camped out for 2 nights. We had a great time. We went to the north rim a few years ago. It is very different than the south rim. The south rim has the restaurants/lodges etc and that is where most tourist go. I was surprised at the remoteness of the north rim. We didn't spend alot of time as we met some friends from MD there and they were on an agenda. But up in that area is Lake Powell - we rafted down the Colorado River where there was NO white water - we had our grandkids with us -ages 4 and 8 at the time. We also went on a tour of one of the slot canyons while there. If you want more info email me and I will send you what info/links I have. We have lived here for 20 years and so enjoy this state. There are so many areas to explore.
Donna - dfifeaz@cox.net

nonita63
05-29-2007, 08:46 AM
Sorry never been to the Grand Canyon...