PDA

View Full Version : So.. How was your long weekend?

Debra
05-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I can't believe it's over!! Waaaahhhh!

Didn't really do all that much. Had all the kids home which was so nice and we just hung out and ate til we couldn't eat anymore! Actually the funniest part was watching the 23 year old jumping with his brothers girlfriend and 5 year old Hannah on the trampoline.. Crazy kids never grow up!

Hannah had a friend over today and they played on the beach and went swimming...off to go make dinner..lol... more food! :blahblah:

and yours?

tborntreger
05-28-2007, 03:12 PM
We took the boys and other family members on a boat ride and enjoyed the outdoors a little. Pretty relaxing holiday!!

tborntreger
05-28-2007, 03:27 PM
ps.....relaxing although nerve wracking as I am in anticipation over the round 4 results. Such a tough decision you designers have!

Debra
05-28-2007, 03:35 PM
yeah... I don't know how on earth we're going to do it either! You all did magical stuff... hope you like your layouts as much as we do!!

scraptigz
05-28-2007, 03:40 PM
We had 2 beautiful days here and 1 bleck day (today). Took to kids to see Sue the Rex bones at the museum, bbqued, and got a ton of scrapping done. I would say our holiday was a blast!! I don't want to go back to work... :nope:

tborntreger
05-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Scraptigz is this in Chicago? We're coming there for a couple days for our 5 yr anniversary. How's the museum?

Debra, best of luck to you and the other designers who have the daunting duty ahead. I agree the LOs were magical.

Jassinc6
05-28-2007, 05:50 PM
In between naps this weekend, I did some scrapping, but mostly I've been doing some much needed computer maintenance. Barbara and Helen have scared the heck out of me with the tales of their computer woes; so I have been moving files to an ehd, running system tools and the like. I know Barbara is okay now, and I'm hoping that Helen gets hers back up to speed soon. But, I do wish the weekend was about 2 days longer!

scraptigz
05-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Scraptigz is this in Chicago? We're coming there for a couple days for our 5 yr anniversary. How's the museum?

Debra, best of luck to you and the other designers who have the daunting duty ahead. I agree the LOs were magical.

Actually, no.. in Spokane WA - The museum here has a full size cast of the original bones. It's fabulous!! My kids, even the older ones loved it! I want to go to Chicago soooo bad, I have to one of these days. I need to see my absolute favorite painting which is housed in the Art Institue - An afternoon on la grande jatte by Seurat. :sighs:

KattyZak
05-28-2007, 06:53 PM
We are back home. We had a great time and the weather was much better than expected. Yea! No real big highlights. Attempted to digi scrap a bit and at first all was great, but seemed to go downhill afterwards.
Got home early and vacation is over. Had to hustle to get things ready for an upcoming garage sale this week [can you say declutter]. Ugh. So right now I am beat tired. Lots of work and still a long way to go...so, I will be scarce most of the week.

Debra
05-28-2007, 07:16 PM
We are back home. We had a great time and the weather was much better than expected. Yea! No real big highlights. Attempted to digi scrap a bit and at first all was great, but seemed to go downhill afterwards.
Got home early and vacation is over. Had to hustle to get things ready for an upcoming garage sale this week [can you say declutter]. Ugh. So right now I am beat tired. Lots of work and still a long way to go...so, I will be scarce most of the week.

Oh, I feel ya on the yard sale.... I need to declutter too! Much luck with that!:gogo:

HollyS
05-28-2007, 08:09 PM
Two words...garage sale...SCARY! Makes me icky to think about having to do a garage sale so I feel ya too! But speaking of garage's....we cleaned ours out on Saturday and now we can at least get one car in there ... hehe. I had to send Deb a picture to prove it because while she was here in April, she howled when we drove up and I opened the garage door! I guess that was a clue it was time to clean it up....

Yesterday we went to an all day BBQ. Friends had an above-ground pool so the kids had a blast in it. I swear my middle one stayed in it for a good 6 hours! Oh and shhhhhh, don't tell anyone but us adults played Babe Ruth baseball...kind of like quarters. Of course the kids were nosey and watched. So they drummed up their own game...but with the little barrels of juice...yuo know the ones with tons of sugar???? I got pics...was hilarious!

Then today off to grandma's for our weekly fishing and swimming. Got a new camera so took WAY too many pictures! Oh wait, we can never have enough pics, right????? As long as we have the disk space to store 'em!

Lainey
05-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I left on Friday and we'll drive home tomorrow. I'll return to work on Wednesday ---*sigh*--- why does vacation time go faster than work time??

Maisie
05-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Well...
I went to a psychic party Friday night. What a blast.

Saturday made and printed a LO of DD wedding day, made a birthday cake, and we went out to dinner for DD birthday. Kept DGS over night. He wouldn't fall asleep until 1am! Then he kept kicking me all night, (yes, he slept with me, LOL, it's so much easier)and grinding his teeth!! What does a 3 year old have to stress about, to grind his teeth??!!
DGS woke at 8 am. Did some cleaning and we had a BBQ for DD's b-day. Wow!
You'd think we had a big turkey dinner with all the pots and pans I used! LOL

Monday, I caught up with my digi stuff. Or mostly caught up. Still need to leave lots of love in the gallery. I didn't have to cook though. Tons of leftovers.

HollyS
05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Lainey...I feel your pain...can't believe it's back to work tomorrow already! UGH.

And Maisie, totally understand the sleeping with ya thing...it is easier some times but you do often pay for it throughout the night....

jillybean
05-31-2007, 01:19 PM
We spent the weekend with family...and visiting cemetaries. All in all, a very good weekend.

TraciJ
05-31-2007, 02:36 PM
we ummm ... What DID we do??
Oh yeah! My mom and my aunt were here so that they could visit for a while ... and we had hot dogs on Sunday 'cause Mom had to head for home on Monday ... and ... well ... that's about it! I'm BORING!! :laugh:

KattyZak
05-31-2007, 08:04 PM
So, any big events for this weekend? I will be wrapping up my garage sale [Did fairly well at over 600.00 especially considering I am rural suburban]
Would love nothing more than to veg out and get a pedicure.