PDA

View Full Version : I'm so excited!

jonimarony
05-27-2007, 08:07 PM
My sister found a box with old photos in it and we went through them today. We found some wonderful photos of our parents, who have been gone now for 20 odd years. There was a picture of my mom in her cap and grown (high school) which I had never seen before. That picture is almost 70 years old! We even found a box of 35mm slides. I have been busy scanning all these photos and slides all day. Some of the slides are in pretty bad shape but boy is it neat to look back into the past. The slides are about 40 years old. What was really nice was finding photos of my sister's son. He died almost 19 years ago at the age of 16. Wish me luck in trying to restore these little bits of treasure.

brandiwest
05-27-2007, 08:08 PM
WOW!!! Congrats on you treasures!! Good Luck restoring all of them!!!

ckbymommy
05-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow!! That is so great!! I finished scrapping an album at the beginning of the year for my MIL, many of which had been kept in magnetic albums. It was a long painstaking, but very worthwhile project!! Best of luck, and if you are using PS and need any pointers, feel free to ask :wink:

jonimarony
05-27-2007, 11:04 PM
I posted a LO of my mom in the gallery, along with the before photo if anyone wants to check it out. Ya'll have a good night. Thanks for looking.

twirlyjoy
05-28-2007, 02:08 AM
How exciting - I have a big box of photos and papers that were my grandmothers - desperately need to get sorting them out!

TraciJ
05-28-2007, 03:39 AM
Oh, what a TREASURE!!! I'll bet you were so overjoyed to get those! Have fun scrapping them all, and I have to agree with the restoration part. It's easier said than done!

nonita63
05-28-2007, 05:58 AM
Wow wonderful find...

Jassinc6
05-28-2007, 07:21 AM
What an awesome discovery. I envy you for the fun you will have when you finally get to the scrapping part; there is nothing like heritage photos!