PDA

View Full Version : Keywords

tborntreger
05-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Does anyone know where I can find information on Keywords?

Thanks.

CrayonQueen
05-23-2007, 06:34 AM
Hey Theresa,

I wrote a tut on using keywords in the gallery. Deb and Holly are going to be releasing it soon, I hope you will find it helpful. :D

CrayonQueen
05-23-2007, 06:46 AM
ok, so maybe the tut won't be coming out soon, lol.....here it is in a nutshell....I'll use Rebecca's Grape Punch kit for an example:

It will help if you have two browser windows open, one for your gallery upload, and one for the GDS store. When you're in the store looking at a product, under the preview are 3 columns: Product Description, Tech Info and Price. You want to be looking at Tech Info. Find the product code, in this case it is rebecca-grape . Copy and paste the product code into the keyword section of your gallery upload and you are done. If you need to keyword more than one product, simply seperate the keywords using commas and spaces.

I hope this is helpful if not please let me know!!

Andrea
05-23-2007, 06:47 AM
I posted a reply about this in the round 3 chatter. I got the information from the instructions for the current supreme team. You can find my post HERE. (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19742&highlight=goldscraps#post19742) You need to be using the username of the designer as well as the product code.

CrayonQueen
05-23-2007, 06:53 AM
I posted a reply about this in the round 3 chatter. I got the information from the instructions for the current supreme team. You can find my post HERE. (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19742&highlight=goldscraps#post19742) You need to be using the username as well as the product code.

Hey Andrea,

Have you had trouble with the keywords using only the product code?

Andrea
05-23-2007, 06:58 AM
No, but I don't submit many layouts because I am usually busy with other stuff.

ckbymommy
05-23-2007, 07:03 AM
Thanks for that info Andrea! I didn't know that, I know puting the product code into the keywords will bring up your layout when someone clicks the "view layouts" button and if it is clicked on from a layout, it brings up the rest of the layouts with that keyword.

tborntreger
05-23-2007, 07:09 AM
Andrea and Patty,
Thank you for the information. I knew I had heard that it was posted or would be but was drawing a complete blank. Thanks again!

HollyS
05-23-2007, 07:21 AM
Here is the quick set of screen shots (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/tutorials/site/CQ_How to use keywords is in gallery layouts.pdf) that Patty (crayonqueen) so graciously did for us! Thanks Patty!

tborntreger
05-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Thank yoU!

TraciJ
05-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Thank you for your assistance with keywords!! I think I finally got it down pat!

bdjeepers
05-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I have a tip for keeping all the keyword information quick and easy to find in your own computer - find the TOU (terms of use) text file in the kit. Open it as soon as you've extracted the files, and add the keywords and URL to it while you still have the information showing online. It is then easily available to copy and paste the information into the upload form.

TraciJ
05-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Ooooooo ... MOM ... that's SUCH a good idea!!! I never would have thought of that!! You're so smart!!

ckbymommy
05-24-2007, 02:43 PM
That's a good idea Barbara!

How I keep track .....
When I start a new LO, I make the base layer (behind the background paper, or a white layer) that is just for text and it includes all credits .... the kit name and designer, keywords, URL to the kit, font(s), plus any lyric/quote/peom or scraplift info, and if the LO doesn't have a date on it, I add that in as well.
After I finish the LO, I also add it into the file info for the LO

Since I keep all my LO's in PSD form, it's easy for me to go back and access that info.

Having that info in the TOU would make it easier to access, especially if I am scrapbooking without an internet connection!!