PDA

View Full Version : Coupon Craze... Have you checked it out?

Debra
05-13-2011, 04:57 AM
I don't know about you guys..but I'm loving that new show... how amazing the $$ they are saving!

Have you seen it?

Think there's some sort of catch or something..how on earth do they get all those coupons?

michellemomof3
05-13-2011, 05:00 AM
I have seen it & it is amazing the deals they find. Apparently there is a coupon ordering company where you can hire them to send you all the coupons you want. Some people use that, other people scour the internet & some buy many copies of their local papers to get all those coupons. I LOVE saving money & getting things cheap but that is WAAAAAY too much work for me!

Darlene Currie
05-13-2011, 07:58 AM
It really is a lot of work - it takes these guys days to get it all worked out. They'd have to be unemployed or stay-at-homes to do what they do. Amazing though!

mcspice
05-15-2011, 04:04 PM
I wish I had the time/patience!! Teachers are taking yet another pay cut in my state & the price of everything else just gets higher!!

elenasworld
05-15-2011, 07:20 PM
I have seen it a few times -- it is amazing, but it is a full time job
to do it.

JAB
05-16-2011, 03:13 AM
I wish I had the time/patience to do that. A friend of mine buys 6 double papers every Sunday so she ends up w/12 sets of coupons. Then her and some others meet every Monday and swap coupons. She usually ends up w/about 15-20 of the same coupon. Crazy....

emeraldsong
05-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Actually, I am a couponer and I use a site that does all the work for me! I pay a small subscription fee, but then they tell me how to get the best deals on the stuff I already buy. I got quality toilet paper last week for about $0.13 a regular roll. I won't pay more than $1 for a box of name brand cereal (unless I or my DD really like it). I spend less than 3 hrs a week on my couponing and I generally save over $60 a week. I even have times when I am paid to buy something!

Also, I would advise against buying coupon/coupon clipping services. It can be illegal.

tweederbug
05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
I love that show and I am still brainstorming on how to do it. I am thinking that if I put my mind to it, I could do it. The only problem here, we don't have any stores with a loyality card or one that doubles coupons on occasions. I did though, save $16.00 with coupons lastweek ...cha ching. It's a start LMBO!

j_camargo6
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Do you have a Walmart near you Sheila? Our Walmart just started doing double coupons on Tuesdays...

tweederbug
05-20-2011, 03:21 PM
Do you have a Walmart near you Sheila? Our Walmart just started doing double coupons on Tuesdays...

We have a Walmart but they don't double coupons at all. Krogers does but that is an hour away!

Debra
05-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Actually, I am a couponer and I use a site that does all the work for me! I pay a small subscription fee, but then they tell me how to get the best deals on the stuff I already buy. I got quality toilet paper last week for about $0.13 a regular roll. I won't pay more than $1 for a box of name brand cereal (unless I or my DD really like it). I spend less than 3 hrs a week on my couponing and I generally save over $60 a week. I even have times when I am paid to buy something!

Also, I would advise against buying coupon/coupon clipping services. It can be illegal.

Wow.. sounds like you are really doing well couponing... I am so tempted to play around a bit with it after seeing these shoppers save so much $$ ... seems like the groceries are skyrocketing in price these days :banghead:

britnkaysmemaw2
05-25-2011, 02:35 PM
I tried checking out some sites online, but got led to a bunch of spam sites that wanted me to sign up for other stuff before I could get coupons. So discouraging.

Debra
05-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I tried checking out some sites online, but got led to a bunch of spam sites that wanted me to sign up for other stuff before I could get coupons. So discouraging.

OH.. that stinks! I like that idea of buying a few papers on Sunday and meeting up to swap... :vb_chirolp_iei: