PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Up with American Idol?

Debra
05-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Things sure are getting intense... my munchkin, Hannah favors Haley but I kinda really like the guys...

Are you watching too?

britnkaysmemaw2
05-05-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm rooting for Lauren or Scotty. Toss up between the 2 for me. I guess it is my country roots favoring them.

Darlene Currie
05-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I liked Lauren from the first auditions. However, I think James is the real talent and is quite a creative entertainer, and he's got quite the story. Scotty is great - just love his voice.

donakat
05-05-2011, 09:23 AM
I also love Haley--her bluesy voice is just my cup of tea. My other favorites are gone now--Casey & Paul--so Haley's just gotta do it! My picks for the last 8 years? have all landed in the top 2 if not #1, so I'm on a roll!

HollyS
05-05-2011, 11:04 AM
Wow that's a record Dona! I'd like James or Lauren to win but I can definately see Haley winning it too. Not thrilled with Jacob and Scotty but I'm sure they'll go on to make records :)

elenasworld
05-05-2011, 12:50 PM
i think everyone left can sing, but my true favorite Casey is gone :(

it seems to me the judges have been so harsh with Haley, but that girl can sing!

altimasport
05-05-2011, 06:18 PM
I like all the ones that are left, especially James and Scotty.

Debra
05-05-2011, 11:12 PM
i think everyone left can sing, but my true favorite Casey is gone :(

it seems to me the judges have been so harsh with Haley, but that girl can sing!

I'm with you, Liz... they are all so talented!

elenasworld
05-06-2011, 11:28 AM
It was such a sad episode at last night's "vote off"

Debra
05-06-2011, 11:37 AM
oh, I missed it..! Who got voted off? :eek:

donakat
05-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Jacob got the boot last night. Not surprised after Wednesday's performance.

Debra
05-06-2011, 12:28 PM
oh wow... i hate to see any of them go :-(

britnkaysmemaw2
05-06-2011, 06:24 PM
For once I think the votes were right. It was time for Jacob to go. He is good, and I am sure he is going to have a great career, he just wasn't "Idol" material.

Now is when you must vote for your favorite to keep them. It is going to be a tough finish!

Debra
05-13-2011, 10:23 AM
missed it last night... anyone know what happened?

MunchkinsMom
05-13-2011, 10:46 AM
missed it last night... anyone know what happened?

My favorite, James, was sent home. What an inspirational story he is and a great show of what Aspergers/High Functioning Autistic people can accomplish.

Darlene Currie
05-13-2011, 10:58 AM
I agree Suzette - he was my favourite. But they are all so good, yet all so different. I'm thinking it could be anyone really.

elenasworld
05-13-2011, 02:25 PM
i watched the results show in disbelief last night
i am pretty bummed
i was really rooting for James and i just dont get how
he was not in the top three

james' personal story is incredible and so many obstacles to over come

my dh thinks I am a conspiracy theorist -- 'cause i just dont see how he could have been voted off with the other three remaining. i think scotty seems to be a great kid and has a great country music vibe, but just not my thing.

has anyone watched the Voice?
my dh made me watch that too, and after last night's show I am giving up on
music shows for a while. I think I will stick to my NCIS and CSI shows, although if you are an NCIS fan, this week's show was a shocker too

HollyS
05-13-2011, 03:11 PM
i watched the results show in disbelief last night
i am pretty bummed
i was really rooting for James and i just dont get how
he was not in the top three

james' personal story is incredible and so many obstacles to over come

my dh thinks I am a conspiracy theorist -- 'cause i just dont see how he could have been voted off with the other three remaining. i think scotty seems to be a great kid and has a great country music vibe, but just not my thing.

has anyone watched the Voice?
my dh made me watch that too, and after last night's show I am giving up on
music shows for a while. I think I will stick to my NCIS and CSI shows, although if you are an NCIS fan, this week's show was a shocker too

Ditto! I was so peeved at the outcome last night. My fav was James and then Lauren as 2nd so I'm hoping she'll win but now I'm not so sure I'll continue watching.

Love the voice so far...

donakat
05-14-2011, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I will miss James and his take-no-prisoners approach--always something exciting to watch with his performances. Now, since I don't care for country, I've just got my fave left--Haley. Here's hoping she stays at least one more week. I'm just tired, tired, tired of Lauren and her tears and teenage stuff.

Debra
05-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Down to the wire now... So sad to see Haley booted off too... perhaps time to check out that new one the voice... also the new song writer one seems interesting...

where is Breaking Dawn when you need it!!!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-25-2011, 02:33 PM
It is definitely going to be too close to call. I really like Scotty, but Lauren ended the show on a very good note! Hopefully I will get to see it if the satellite comes back on! We are having some super strong storms here this afternoon all around us. So far just rain and wind here.

britnkaysmemaw2
05-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Fantastic show. Scotty & Tim McGraw were awesome singing together. My favorite Idol ever is Carrie, and her and Lauren were great, but Scotty & Tim were much better!
Happy that Scotty won it. I know we will be hearing both of them on country radio soon!