PDA

View Full Version : We Have A Proposition For YOU! ...

Debra
05-18-2007, 01:12 PM
In an effort to assist our Beginner Digiscrappers, we have a great proposition for all of our community members... (and no, this isn't the news Holly's referring to) :wink:

We need Tutorials! Lots and Lots of Tutorials! And we're willing to pay you for them! :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei:

Here's the Deal: For every Tutorial you create (which is to be owned exclusively by GDS) you will receive a GDS Storewide Coupon in the Amount of $15.00! *woot *woot

Now these tutorials need to be detailed and include screenshots.

Here's a list of what we are looking for:

Creating Your First Layout In:
Photoshop CS2 - Ckbymommy
Photoshop Elements v. 5.0 - BabyofMine - Completed
Printshop Pro (PSP) - Twirlyjoy - Completed
Your First Layout in Gimp - petitflocondeneige-Completed
DIP
Using Layers in PSP - Abitdaffy
Using Layers in PSE -
Using Templates in PSE v. 5.0 - Babyofmine - Completed
Using Templates in PSP - Abitdaffy
Using Quickpages in PSE v. 5.0 - Babyofmine -Completed
Using Brushes in PS - Natalyna
Making a Path with a Brush in PS - Natalyna
Using Text in CS2 - tracij
Text On A Path in PSP - Tracij. - Completed
Text On a Path in PS - Alfenner-Completed
How to Download and Install Fonts in Windows XP- Lainey-Completed
Using Fonts & Text in PSP - Lainey
How to make a blinkie - Dragonflyscrapper76
Selective Coloring for PSP - Tracij - Completed
Selective Coloring for PS - Tracij-Completed
Blending A Photo into A Background in PSP - abitdaffy-Completed
Extracting an image from a photo - Jene - Completed
Using actions in PSP
Using actions in PS - Alfenner - Completed
Using Actions in PSE
Coloring A Doodle in PS - Jene
Placing a Stick Pin Through Paper in PS - Jene
Using Keywords at GDS - Crayonqueen - Completed
Installing Fonts in Windows XP - Lainey - Completed

Please be sure to use GDS products in your examples.
Please post here which Tutorial you will be doing so we don't get duplicates and also holler if you think of a Tutorial you think might also be useful that we haven't listed here.

PS. From Holly: If you can do in word, zip it up and email to support@godigitalscrapbooking.com, deb and I will receive them and review them. We want to make sure the screen shots will arrive safely too!

Can't wait to see what you all come up with! :congrats:

ABitDaffy
05-18-2007, 01:18 PM
Ohh, yeah! This is right up my alley. I have to write help files for one of my jobs all the time. What format do you want them in - would you like them in Word so people could download them and have them on their desktop while they're working or just in a forum message?

Anyway, I'd like to do the Tempates one in PaintShop Pro. I can do screen shots in PSP 8, PSP X, and PSP XI.

ABitDaffy
05-18-2007, 01:20 PM
And, oh yeah, if you want, I could do one on blurring pictures into a background, since that seems to be my trick of choice this month!

TraciJ
05-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Ooooo .. I can do one on Using Text!!! I'm Using Photoshop CS2!

Please let me know what format you want it in and I'll get started on it!

TraciJ
05-18-2007, 01:28 PM
(and no, this isn't the news Holly's referring to) :wink:

What IS the news then, Huh?? Isn't ANYONE gonna tell??

HollyS
05-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes, if you can do in word, zip it up and email to support@godigitalscrapbooking.com, deb and I will receive them and review them. We want to make sure the screen shots will arrive safely too!

mosser77
05-18-2007, 02:02 PM
Here are some topic ideas...how about:
Creating text on a path
Extracting an image from a photo
Using a paperclip/pin
Using actions (or is this too broad since there are so many??)

Lainey
05-18-2007, 02:04 PM
At work they call me font queen so I can do a tutorial on installing fonts in windows. I can also do a tutorial on fonts and text for PSP, too. By text, you mean text on paths, right?

Lainey

Debra
05-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Here are some topic ideas...how about:
Creating text on a path
Extracting an image from a photo
Using a paperclip/pin
Using actions (or is this too broad since there are so many??)

Yes, these are all very helpful too! Just let us know which one or all you are going to do so we don't get duplicates :wink:

Debra
05-18-2007, 02:09 PM
At work they call me font queen so I can do a tutorial on installing fonts in windows. I can also do a tutorial on fonts and text for PSP, too. By text, you mean text on paths, right?

Lainey

The installing fonts one would be great and not sure if Mosser is going to do the text on a path. So you may want to check back here before proceeding on that one to see what her response is :biggrin:

mosser77
05-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes, these are all very helpful too! Just let us know which one or all you are going to do so we don't get duplicates :wink:

Oh, I'm not sure I'm quite ready to take on that responsibility! Thanks tho, I'll just stick to coming up with ideas and let somebody else do the dirty work!:wink:

Helen
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
This sounds like a great opportunity. When do you need the tutorials. If we have a few weeks, then yes, I'll sign up to do some - will have to go back and look at list. One of my old responsibiliites at Sears before retiring was to write training manuals for systems - with screen shots, and step-by-step instructions - so this would be right up my alley.

However, I've been sick with a very bad cold (wouldn't you know it, my husband goes out of town for 3 days and I had visions of all the things I was going to do - and then I get sick. So I am way behind on everything.

Also, yesterday a neighbor's dog ran away, stopped by here, and when he jumped on me (sitting on a bench), the weight of the dog +me collapsed the old wooden bench. Sore tailbone and back and hit my head. So I've been kind of MIA the last 3 days. But am checking the forum - and saw this - and wanted to chime in my interest - BUT first - what is the deadling for these tutorials.
Can't sign up if you want them within the next week or so.

THANKS - I'm going back to my Round 3 layout - that I keep changing.

TraciJ
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
How about selective coloring for PSP and PS?? I can do both!

ckbymommy
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
I had started a tutorial on creating your first LO in photoshop CS with screenshots and got sidetracked, I can just finish that on up if you still need it.

Debra
05-18-2007, 06:38 PM
This sounds like a great opportunity. When do you need the tutorials. If we have a few weeks, then yes, I'll sign up to do some - will have to go back and look at list. One of my old responsibiliites at Sears before retiring was to write training manuals for systems - with screen shots, and step-by-step instructions - so this would be right up my alley.

However, I've been sick with a very bad cold (wouldn't you know it, my husband goes out of town for 3 days and I had visions of all the things I was going to do - and then I get sick. So I am way behind on everything.

Also, yesterday a neighbor's dog ran away, stopped by here, and when he jumped on me (sitting on a bench), the weight of the dog +me collapsed the old wooden bench. Sore tailbone and back and hit my head. So I've been kind of MIA the last 3 days. But am checking the forum - and saw this - and wanted to chime in my interest - BUT first - what is the deadling for these tutorials.
Can't sign up if you want them within the next week or so.

THANKS - I'm going back to my Round 3 layout - that I keep changing.

Helen, what a bummer the one time you get a chance to enjoy a little "without hubby relaxation", you get sick... Hope you're taking it easy and relaxing anyway..prolly no choice now - especially with a sore toushy and back! :bigeyes: Hope you feel better soon.

We haven't set a time frame knowing these kinds of tutorials take time so no pressure. Just post here to let us know what you'll be doing so we don't end up with dupes. :sad1:

Hope you're resting and have a nice weekend! :tee:

Debra
05-18-2007, 06:39 PM
I had started a tutorial on creating your first LO in photoshop CS with screenshots and got sidetracked, I can just finish that on up if you still need it.

That'll be perfect Melanie... So we'll count you in for this one..yaay!:roses:

Cherry47
05-18-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh you talented ladies, I can't wait for the tutorials. I definitely need the help. Good luck and hurry up.!! :)

DigiLover
05-18-2007, 07:17 PM
woohoo!!!! I think all my christmases have come at once. I need all the help I can get so I can't wait to see what you ladies come up with!!! here's thanking you all in advance for your tutorials :) :) :)

dragonflyscrapper76
05-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I would so love to help out, I just figured out how to make my first blinkie, and I would love to share it with everyone, they are just so fun....So Count me in for Blinkie Making!!!

babyofmine
05-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I can do Doing Your First Layout in PSE-5. I can also do Using Templates (only for PSE, though, I don't know how to in any other program) and Using Quickpages. wahoo! :D

Debra
05-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Wow.. these are all great! Can't wait to see everyone's Tut's!!

twirlyjoy
05-19-2007, 03:09 PM
How about one on using TFT (or any other font organising programme) to organise your fonts?? I have one already in the works which I have been working on for ehre - I can finish it and submit it if wanted.

Also, with reference to the blinkie tuts, is it not different in each programme, like with other things - just I noticed that there is just a general 'blinkie tut', not specific to any programme???

twirlyjoy
05-19-2007, 03:21 PM
I can also do your first LO in PSP seeing as that isn't taken yet :)

TraciJ
05-19-2007, 03:22 PM
:laugh: Pretty soon it's gonna be "Tutorials by Joy"
You're wonderful for taking on so much!!! *hugs to you!*

Debra
05-19-2007, 03:43 PM
How about one on using TFT (or any other font organising programme) to organise your fonts?? I have one already in the works which I have been working on for ehre - I can finish it and submit it if wanted.

Also, with reference to the blinkie tuts, is it not different in each programme, like with other things - just I noticed that there is just a general 'blinkie tut', not specific to any programme???

Hi Joy! I don't think we need an tutorial on font organization and the blinkie one is fine to be generic.

I did put you on the list for the Your First Layout in PSP. Thanks for doing that one :love-smiley-011:

KattyZak
05-19-2007, 09:03 PM
This is a great idea for us newbies like me - so thanks for coming up with this and everyone who is participating.

twirlyjoy
05-20-2007, 02:20 AM
:laugh: Pretty soon it's gonna be "Tutorials by Joy"
You're wonderful for taking on so much!!! *hugs to you!*

lol Traci! Not at all - I felt guilty cos everyone else had got there before me and put their names down for so many! And, I wasn't offering to do a blinkie one - I am not the best blinkie maker by a long shot!! The one using TFT I was doing for my blog anyway - just thought I'd offer it in case anyone wanted it!! lol

natalyna
05-20-2007, 03:11 AM
Hi ladies!

I don't know if this will be usefull, but I can make tutorial for make path with brush, as well as your own brush tutorial for PS (I use PS7). If you think this will help, I'll do it. Just hope someone will check my engilsh gramar and spelling!

petitflocondeneige
05-21-2007, 07:17 AM
Do you need Tutorials about the Gimp or Inkscape (I already have one on my blog, about curve text with Inkscape, I can translate it and use GDS stuff for screenshots).
I can also make a tutorial about shadows (in gimp also). I have some tricks that could be useful...

Debra
05-21-2007, 07:37 AM
If you could do one like, "Your First Layout in Gimp" that would be great!

Then we could build resources from there....

jene
05-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Hi Debra:
I would love to be involved. I have a tut on 'placing a photo into a shape' and can also make a tutorial on placing 'text on a path' if nobody else is doing this. I use Photoshop CS.
Jene

jene
05-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Oh and how about extracting an element from a paper. This is an easy one and very short. Again it would be in PS CS.

Debra
05-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Oh and how about extracting an element from a paper. This is an easy one and very short. Again it would be in PS CS.

We are looking for a "extract an element from a photo".. can you do that one?

Also, I think Tracij might be doing the "text on a path" (see her listing in "using text" for CS2. Need to clarify that... hmmmmm

will be back with an answer :biggrin:

jene
05-22-2007, 05:38 AM
Yes Debra, count me in for extracting an element from a paper.:wink:

ABitDaffy
05-22-2007, 05:39 AM
Okay, I went to start my using templates tut and realized that you really can't 'splain templates unless you 'splain layers, so can you add me to Layers in PSP and I'll do that one first and then continue on with the templates, since they kind of go together!

Thanks!

TraciJ
05-22-2007, 05:40 AM
I can do text on a shape ... but I'm still having trouble with text on a curve :laugh: I thought that you just meant something along the lines of using text, and I was gonna do that one!

jene
05-22-2007, 06:08 AM
Hi Debra: You asked if we had any other ideas on tutorials. Another couple of nice tutorials, to make any scrapper feel creative, is 'colouring a doodle' and placing a 'stick pin through a paper'. If you are interested in these I would be happy to do them.

Debra
05-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Yes Debra, count me in for extracting an element from a paper.:wink:

Hi Jene... Can you do one "from a photo".. not from a paper?

Debra
05-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I can do text on a shape ... but I'm still having trouble with text on a curve :laugh: I thought that you just meant something along the lines of using text, and I was gonna do that one!

lol.. now I'm getting confused! I guess what we're looking for is text on a path in PSP and CS2...

twirlyjoy
05-22-2007, 09:08 AM
lol.. now I'm getting confused! I guess what we're looking for is text on a path in PSP and CS2...

If you mean making text in a shape eg circle/square and/or on a curve, I can do that for PSP no problem - thats if noone else is doing it - I am getting as confused as you now Debra!!

ckbymommy
05-22-2007, 11:19 AM
We almost need a list of possible tuts with the name of the person who has promised to do it on the first post of this thread

Debra
05-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I'm trying to keep up with it ;)... it's not easy though..lol

alfenner
05-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Text On a Path in PS

Using actions in PS

I'll do these two! Wahoo!!!

alfenner
05-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Oh! I sent it but forgot to zip it first!!!! Let me know if I need to resend!

Debra
05-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Got it Amy.. and it's wonderful!! Look for your email with Coupon! Thanks so much! No need for the zip at this point..it was fine...

TraciJ
05-23-2007, 05:09 AM
Selective coloring in PS is wingin' it's way over to y'all!! Had to do SOMETHING this morning since I can't get the round 4 kit 'til after preschool!!

petitflocondeneige
05-23-2007, 05:26 AM
I started my tutorial, and I realised that I have the french version of Gimp... But a quick search on the net showed me how to launch it in English. Now I have both! Isn't it great?

However I need some help! What is the name for the blue bar on top of windows, with the name of your window? And what's the name of the bar just below, with the menu (file, edit, etc.)?

Debra
05-23-2007, 06:25 AM
Please make sure you are Specific in the Name of your Tutorial to include what program it applies to.... Thanks!

alfenner
05-23-2007, 07:35 AM
Oh oops! I made mine for PS, I used cs2 - sorry!

Debra
05-23-2007, 07:38 AM
That's ok.. I'll fix it :)

petitflocondeneige
05-23-2007, 09:17 AM
I've sent by email the "your first layout with gimp" tutorial! Tell me if you received it.

Debra
05-23-2007, 09:33 AM
I've sent by email the "your first layout with gimp" tutorial! Tell me if you received it.

Great Tutorial.. have already sent you your coupon! THanks again!

jillybean
05-23-2007, 10:13 AM
Debra-

I would love to do tutorials on the following:

How to "cut" text out of a photo or paper (PSCS2)
**As shown on my STII Round 3 layout "Harajuku"

How to color one part of a B&W Picture by starting with a color picture (PSCS2)

How to create scalloped/jagged, etc. edges on photos and paper (PSCS2)

Let me know if these are needed/wanted!!

TraciJ
05-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Jill, I got the selective coloring covered for both PS and PSP :)

ckbymommy
05-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Do we need a paper tearing tut? I can do that for CS

ckbymommy
05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Creating Your First Layout In:
Photoshop CS2 - Ckbymommy

I don't have CS2, just CS, I don't think there is much difference between the two, especially when it comes to creating a basic LO, but let me know if that is going to be a problem.

Debra
05-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't have CS2, just CS, I don't think there is much difference between the two, especially when it comes to creating a basic LO, but let me know if that is going to be a problem.

No.. I think PS anything is good enough for the basic layout :wink:

Debra
05-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Debra-

I would love to do tutorials on the following:

How to "cut" text out of a photo or paper (PSCS2)
**As shown on my STII Round 3 layout "Harajuku"

How to color one part of a B&W Picture by starting with a color picture (PSCS2)

How to create scalloped/jagged, etc. edges on photos and paper (PSCS2)

Let me know if these are needed/wanted!!

At this point I think we are looking more towards "Basics" for new beginners so these aren't really necessary.

May be in touch for these at a later time though so thanks for suggesting them!

Debra
05-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Do we need a paper tearing tut? I can do that for CS

I think we're going to stick with more of the basics at this point Melanie, but I may be in touch at a later time for this one! Thanks for offering!

TraciJ
05-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I see that nobody has taken text on a path in PSP .. so I'll take that one, if that's alright?

Debra
05-24-2007, 09:53 AM
I see that nobody has taken text on a path in PSP .. so I'll take that one, if that's alright?

Ok Traci.. I'll put you on the list for this one :) Thanks!

twirlyjoy
05-24-2007, 12:30 PM
I did post a couple of days back to sat I would do the text on a path in psp, but thats cool if you want to do it Traci :)

TraciJ
05-24-2007, 12:48 PM
OH NO!!!! I didn't see that, Joy!!! I'm SO SORRY!! I've already done it and sent it in, but I can tell them to disregard it and you can do it! I really don't wanna step on any toes!

twirlyjoy
05-24-2007, 01:02 PM
OH NO!!!! I didn't see that, Joy!!! I'm SO SORRY!! I've already done it and sent it in, but I can tell them to disregard it and you can do it! I really don't wanna step on any toes!

DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its no big deal at all - Debra obviously missed it too - its honestly not a problem!!! You haven't stepped on any toes, and there is no way that I would let you do all that hard work and then it not be used!! ALso, you've got it done a lot quicker than I could have done - been very hectic here today, and will be tomorrow! Looking forward to seeing all of the tuts :)

TraciJ
05-24-2007, 01:04 PM
You do know that I'm going to feel guilty for eons, don't you??

I hope Lucie has a good b-day party!!!

twirlyjoy
05-24-2007, 01:06 PM
lol - thats ok cos I feel guily for even mentioning it now!!! We can feel guilty together!! lol - only joking - no need to feel guilty at all!

TraciJ
05-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh COOL .... a guilt party .... (hugs) thanks for being so nice about it Joy!!!

Debra
05-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Now I feel guilty too~ :cry: I'm so sorry for not catching your post Joy!

TraciJ
05-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Join in the guilt party Debra ... it's getting bigger all the time :laugh:

twirlyjoy
05-24-2007, 01:34 PM
rofl - Lucie's birthday party is now cancelled, and in its place is a guilt party - all 3 of us are invited cos I now feel really guilty that I made you both feel guilty!!!!!

In fact, I feel so guilty that I am going to go to bed and cry myself to sleep!!

(Actually, am sure I will be asleep b4 i get a chance to cry - my 4.30am alarm from a very excited birthday girl this morning is now taking its toll!!)

Debra
05-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Just Bumping ...

twirlyjoy
05-29-2007, 01:20 AM
I haven't forgotten, I promise - the girls have been home the last few days, and I need peace and quiet to concentrate on doing this! lol! Will get it done asap, I promise :)

ckbymommy
05-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Same here - the one I'm working on is more than 1/2 way done, but seems like it's pretty long - after I finish I will have to go back through and see if I have anything extraneous in there that can be trimmed down.

ABitDaffy
05-29-2007, 12:28 PM
I'll get mine to you sometime by the end of the day tomorrow! The ones that are out there look great!

Lainey
06-03-2007, 08:29 PM
I sent my tut on Adding a font to Windows to Holly. Hope that was alright.

Lainey
06-03-2007, 08:34 PM
05-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Designer

Originally Posted by TraciJ View Post

Debra, I thought I had signed up for that one --- If not, what am I to do for the second one?

Thanks,
Lainey

twirlyjoy
06-04-2007, 03:32 AM
05-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Designer

Originally Posted by TraciJ View Post

Debra, I thought I had signed up for that one --- If not, what am I to do for the second one?

Thanks,
Lainey

lol Lainey - thats three of us who thought we had signed up for this one!!! But, Traci has already completed it and sent it in :)

twirlyjoy
06-04-2007, 03:37 AM
I have just looked at the list again and am hoping that this week will be less busy as my girls are back at school.

I will get my 'first layout' tut done first, but I will also take on the 'actions in psp' one - although they aren't called actions in psp, they are called scripts - but just about the same thing :)

Debra
06-05-2007, 05:51 AM
Has anyone sent any tutorials lately? We may not be getting them for some reason so please double check..

Thanks!
debra

Babette
06-05-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure i'm really capable of doing a tut - I can't even get a screen capture - something's up with my pc!!

Debra
06-05-2007, 07:00 PM
I'm not sure i'm really capable of doing a tut - I can't even get a screen capture - something's up with my pc!!

Babette you silly... I don't see having you signed up for any :)

Hope you get your pc up and running all better again:wub1:

Babette
06-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Oh, i know! I was just explaining why I didn't!! LOL And yes, dh is going to take it apart when I get my birthday present tomorrow (i'm getting it early!) ... a brand new shiny Nikon D80!!!! I'll leave him with the PC and go exploring with my new toy!!!!

Debra
06-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Oh Boy! Happy Early Birthday Present... I think that's what Holly just got too for her Birthday early! It's really a fantastic dslr!

Lainey
06-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Hi, Debra! I sent mine to Holly. Have you seen it yet? Do I need to resend? If so, do I just send it to your personal mail here?

Thanks,
Lainey

Babette
06-05-2007, 08:18 PM
Oh really?? Cool .... Hey Holly? How are you loving it??!!! I can't wait ... is it tomorrow yet????

Debra
06-05-2007, 08:42 PM
Hi, Debra! I sent mine to Holly. Have you seen it yet? Do I need to resend? If so, do I just send it to your personal mail here?

Thanks,
Lainey

Hi Lainey,

No, I haven't seen it but I'll check with Holly and be in touch :):wink:

Debra
06-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Lainey.. got yours..it's wonderful and I sent you an email with your $15.00 coupon.. hope you got it ok...

ABitDaffy
06-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Debra,

I just emailed my blending photos tutorial to you!

TraciJ
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
FINALLY, Daffy .. I've only been waiting on this for *looks at computer clock* .... FOREVER!!!!

Debra
06-12-2007, 01:14 PM
Debra,

I just emailed my blending photos tutorial to you!

I did not receive it.. :(

can you please resend?

Thanks!

ABitDaffy
06-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Debra - I resent it. I'm sending it to support@godigitalscrapbooking.com - is that right?

Debra
06-12-2007, 08:31 PM
for some reason I have not received anything from there today... try debra@godigitalscrapbooking.com

twirlyjoy
06-12-2007, 11:57 PM
Debra, are you also going to put my down for the "Using Scripts (the closest it gets to actions) in PSP and for "Using a QP in PSP" as we talked about the other day?? I know we know I am doing them, but just in case someone else thinks they might do them???

ABitDaffy
06-13-2007, 06:47 AM
Okay, Debra. I sent it to that address. Let me know if that goes through - if it doesn't I'll try sending it from another one of my email accounts. Thanks!

Debra
06-13-2007, 07:49 AM
nope..still have not gotten it... very weird..

ABitDaffy
06-13-2007, 08:18 AM
All right - I just sent you a link to download it. I'm thinking the file may have been too large to go through email. I included all three methods I use for blending, so it's a pretty large file....

Let me know if that works!