PDA

View Full Version : Lettering and sizes

norskinus
02-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Hi! I still consider myself a complete beginner, so this is probably a very basic question: When I have a kit with Alphas, and use them to write a word or name, how do I get the letters to be the same size?:confused1:

donakat
02-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Usually with alphas the designer has made the letters all the same size. If you need them smaller than the original size, place all the letters on your layout, spelling out the title, and line them up as you wish (if you want them overlapping, do that, or use the align tool in your program to line them up however you want them). Then select ALL the letters (and punctuation if necessary) of the title and transform them as a group to the desired size. Depending on what program you use, you may have to link the various layers of the title to get them to transform as a group.

You can apply a particular shadow style to the whole group at once if they're all selected, or apply to one letter and adjust to suit your layout, then copy the style and apply it to all the letters. It's helpful to group the title into it's own layer set or group to help you accomplish these steps and keep the layer panel uncluttered.

If there's some consideration I've missed, reply back and I or someone else will help you figure it out.

elenasworld
02-14-2011, 08:41 PM
that is how I resize too
I find if I dont select the letters in the title together, then I can't remember the percentage I have scaled the letters

I use Photoshop and I will often pull down one of the guides and place all my letters on that so that I can get them even.

landofoz
02-16-2011, 04:53 AM
Thanks for the tips ladies

norskinus
02-21-2011, 06:06 AM
Thankyou ever so much! Now I will sit down and have a go at it!

norskinus
02-23-2011, 08:32 PM
I tried it out tonight, and it worked great. Layout posted.

Rosa98325
03-27-2011, 04:28 AM
I liked this thread so much.:bump:

landofoz
03-28-2011, 05:34 PM
Always something to learn, hmmm