PDA

View Full Version : Ok... what would you do???

Maisie
05-17-2007, 07:03 PM
My son came home from school today, and told me he bought a ticket for Prom.
Aw... nice right???
Prom is tomorrow night!!! :eek: :eek:
We ran out to Kohl's and looked for a black jacket to go with his black pants we bought him.
Nothing, I mean nothing matched! :hairpull: :hairpull:
No way we can rent a Tux at this late date.
Well, luckily we found a Tux jacket in his size only 68.00 ( it was marked down, on sale). They even had a little set of a tux shirt, bow tie, and cumberbund. Now the tux jacket is a little off, but, I think he'll be sitting in the Limo and at the restaraunt, and it'll be dim at the Prom.
What do you guys think???
Oh Kohls's was having a sale, 50% off everything in the store. so it went down to 34.00, plus I got another 20% being a valued customer. And they sent me two 10.00 gift cards. So I got the jacket for a little over 10 bucks.:dancing:
Still I have to wash and iron his shirt and pants, cuz he leaves at 4:30 to meet everyone and catch the limo's.... etc...Nothing like waiting for the last moment!!
OK, My novel is done, but for a few hours there, I was panicking like crazy... :laugh:

Andrea
05-17-2007, 07:36 PM
I think he will be fine, but most of all he will remember how you tried so hard to get things together quickly for him. This makes me think of my 10 year old telling me 10 minutes before choir that he had to have a red shirt to wear with no logos! Luckily, we live right by Walmart! Otherwise, he would have been out of luck for informing me last minute! Boys will be boys!

KattyZak
05-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Its all good. What an awesome mom you are for doing that.
He will have great memories.
Let us know how it goes.

MaggieMae
05-17-2007, 09:57 PM
That is so like a son!! My son didn't tell me he was promoted to 2nd chair in his band (he never practiced! LOL) and he didn't tell me there was a concert until the day of the concert. When I got there I realized all the boys had to wear a tie and the band director had put one on him with a big cow on it!! LOL now, but I was so embarassed at the time. Boys will always be boys!!:laugh:

twirlyjoy
05-17-2007, 10:55 PM
I agree - he will remember all that you did for him! Mind you, am not sure that that is just boys - my girls are just as bad, although am hoping it will get better as they get older!!

TraciJ
05-18-2007, 02:38 AM
Mary, what a WONDERFUL Mom you are to have gone through all that for him!!!
Shame, shame on him for not taking any action until the day before, but I'm sure at SOME point in his life, he'll remember what it was that you did for him and he'll be SO grateful!
Now ... if that'd been ME ... he'd have been out of luck and would have gone to the prom in his jeans and T-shirt!!!

ABitDaffy
05-18-2007, 02:51 AM
My kids aren't quite old enough to do this to me yet, but I'm sure my time is coming. I, however, pulled this on my poor mom, more than once. Like the time I told her the night before that I needed some costume for some play I was in and she whipped one up with some glue and her sewing machine. I can tell you that your son will remember the extra effort you put forth for him and at some point in his life, someone will come to him in the same situation, and he'll do the same thing for them that you did for him, because you gave him such a good example. I know that the things the my mom did for me when I was a child help make me a better mother, and I guess just a better overall inhabitant of this planet. There is nothing in this world like a loving mother!