PDA

View Full Version : Don't Pay The Ransom--i Got Away!!!!

babydoe
05-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I have been out of the hospital for a couple of days now and just glad to be home. :roses: I had to have one of my artifical hips removed so that the infection could be cleaned up. I will be unable to walk for two or 3 more weeks until they put in the new hip replacement. Then, I get to go through PT again! Doesn't that sound like fun? I'm for it though, as long as I will be able to walk again. I'm basically a lazy person, but there is such a thing as too much laying around! My sweet old kitty sure is happy now that I am home. She just sticks to me like glue--poor thing just doesn't understand it when I am gone for days on end. I am sure she thinks I have deserted her.

Anyway, not to get too long-I am home with a caregiver until I can get around and a nurse coming every day to clean and change the dressing on my hip. I am feeling much better but will be glad when they change the morphine for something else--If I am awake for more than hour at a time, it is a miracle.

Thanks for all the good wishes. They mean a lot to me. I can't concentrate well enough right now to do any scrapping, but soon.....

TraciJ
05-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm SO glad that you got away, 'cause I wasn't having any luck raising the ransom money!!
I'll keep up the prayers for your continued recovery ... and for a change of medication!!!

yin
05-17-2007, 06:37 PM
So glad you're home, and to hear from you, my prayers are with you, we want to see your layouts again soon!

brandiwest
05-17-2007, 07:09 PM
My goodness Judy.......just get well ok?? Poor dear, we miss you but completely understand!!! ((((HUGS))))

Maisie
05-17-2007, 07:30 PM
So glad your home. You take care of yourself, ok???
No running track!
I know what you mean about the morphine.
I hate that stuff!!!!!

twirlyjoy
05-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Oh poor you - I so hope they get you sorted out really soon - sending lots of love hugs and best wishes your way!

casey4
05-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Glad to hear that your are feeling better.

HollyS
05-18-2007, 03:52 AM
Yaay, it's great to hear you are come now and can get well in the comfort of your own home! Take it eas yand don't go running any marathons! Our thoughts are with ya...

babydoe
05-18-2007, 11:55 AM
Again, I thank you all for your very kind thoughts. I so enjoy this site and I too want to get back to doing the fun things around here. You all are just the best--I know all your good wishes will help me to get back up and into the swing of things. Hopefully next week I will be awake for the Tuesday chat; I love talking with all of you. I haven't had a chance to get into the gallery for very long to leave love and good wishes for evreryone. Maybe this weekend....:nurse:

Debra
05-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Yaay! So glad to hear from you Judy! It's amazing to think of the times you have crossed my mind! We really miss you and it's great to hear that you are on the mend and back in touch even if only for short spurts between resting... Need to do lots of resting! Hugs and Prayers!

ABitDaffy
05-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Judy, I'm glad that you're home and that you're feeling much better very soon!

griest
05-18-2007, 03:35 PM
WOW! What an ordeal! I am a physical therapist assistant and know what you are going through and the things to come. Keep the faith. Everything will work out, i'm sure. Just do what the doc and your therapist says and get plenty of rest! Will keep you in my prayers!

Andrea
05-18-2007, 03:39 PM
So glad you are home. I know there is nothing better than being home the help get you feeling well again. I hope the next round of surgery goes well too!

okblues
05-19-2007, 07:29 AM
It's good to hear you are home & I hope all continues to go well. Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers! Oh, and love how you titled this post :)

Debra
05-19-2007, 09:48 AM
I"m with Alice! Love your post title too!

Hollyak
09-05-2007, 06:00 PM
There is no place like home with a kitty for comfort. This is my first post but what better reason than to wish you a speedy recovery. Blessings, Holly