PDA

View Full Version : Survey says....

j_camargo6
01-15-2011, 06:11 AM
Hi everyone!
Being back in the game is slow going for me, and I am experiencing a serious lack of brain power, so I thought I'd ask you all for your opinion :)
What challenges are you missing or would you like to see here at GDS? I'm looking for a challenge to host and you can tell me what you want!
Come one...help a poor mentally challenged gal out ;)

tweederbug
01-15-2011, 07:01 AM
So many challenges are not being done. I really like the Bragbook challenge and the QP exchange. I really like the Recipe exchange also .. love getting new recipes. How about the one word challenge, the lyrics challenge .. wow that list can go on.
I also REALLY like the mini challenge. Designer creates a mini and you download the kit and have to use every piece in the kit. Make it good .. throw some "odd" pieces in there to make it more difficult. I LOVE doing this challenge througout digiland.

britnkaysmemaw2
01-15-2011, 08:22 AM
I like the mini challenge too. It is always fun to do those, using only what is in the kit and nothing else but pictures.

The One Word or Lyrics challenges are good too, but my vote is for the mini challenge. :wink:

altimasport
01-15-2011, 08:27 AM
I really miss speed scraps! I also like the recipe challenge and also the mini challenge. they are fun too.

agarzaldynrd
01-15-2011, 09:42 AM
I open the desktop but just for fun because I don't have a posting prize. I think we'd have a better turn out if there was. I also miss speed scraps!!! My creativity is drained and where I used to love to do my own stuff, I now use lots of templates. Speed scraps and all the other challenges people have mentioned here always got me going.

Gem
01-15-2011, 11:06 AM
I really liked the technique challenge that used to be hosted here. It posted a challenge, gave us some tools and made no assumptions that we knew how to complete the task. I really grew in my ability each time I took a technique challenge. I would like to see that type of challenge resumed.

SparkysGirl
01-15-2011, 01:24 PM
I agree with Gem about the Technique Challenge. It always taught me a new skill or made me think about an old skill in a new way. I also like the mini challenge ...

I noticed that no one misses the Journaling Challenge ... LOL! Maybe you should pick that one to do! I'm giving it Five Votes ...

... no Six Votes ...

... make it Seven, yes I said Seven, Votes ...

:wink:

britnkaysmemaw2
01-15-2011, 07:53 PM
I noticed that no one misses the Journaling Challenge ... LOL! Maybe you should pick that one to do! I'm giving it Five Votes ...

... no Six Votes ...

... make it Seven, yes I said Seven, Votes ...

:wink:[/quote]

You would Lisa....you are awesome at Journaling....where as I stink at it, ROFL.:twitcy:

j_camargo6
01-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Gosh, I don't know! :confused::confused::confused: Maybe we'll roll them all into one and call it the Slam Dunk, LOL......any more ideas?

elenasworld
01-17-2011, 06:30 PM
aww Cathy, I love the Journaling Challenge
and the Scraplift Challenge

a hybrid challenge might be fun, but then again
people would want to have to pull out the scissors and adhesives again

Darlene Currie
01-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Great idea Jenn - putting this out there. I agree about the speed scraps. I just did one the other day. Hadn't done one in a while and it was very therapuetic. I haven't done many layouts lately. Perhaps I'll try and host one next week. It's just picking a time that suits most people. I'm in the west, there's a lot of people in the east, and I know some work throughout the day. I'll try and clear up some time and host one!

j_camargo6
01-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I love the speed scraps, too....MISS THEM! I never seem to be able to make any...definitely think we should get some regular reliable SS scheduled! I can host one, too.....

SparkysGirl
01-18-2011, 03:29 AM
I love speed scraps, too!

michellemomof3
01-18-2011, 05:16 AM
I agree that I also really miss the technique challenge. It is a great way to learn new things for lazy scrappers like me who won't find new things on their own!

britnkaysmemaw2
01-18-2011, 08:33 AM
So many great ideas. Would love to see an evening Speed Scrap. Couldn't make the last 2 because of working during the day. (I am on CST zone).
I know whatever you pick Jenn, it will be a great challenge.

jjckgarrett
01-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Ok, so I just saw this and was thinking that I too really miss the technique challenge. Also another fun one I like is the "redo" challenge, where you take an old LO and redo it using some new techniques that you have learned or just redoing it. =) I like the mini challenge too and the lyrical challenge!